Profile Criticism

last reply
60 replies
7.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
I'm trying not to make this sound like a rant. But someone who shan't (lol, shan't) be named sent me a PM saying my profile had too much going on and that I, and I quote, "Am taking this thing waaay too seriously. People come here for sex. Not to see you trying to be Ms. Popularity." I was too caught off guard and the message was too ridiculous for me to even attempt to be offended. I should also note that this person's profile was bare and lacking in even an avatar. And the gender was left ambiguous. I'm not even sure how said person stumbled across my profile in my lowly corner of Lush. I mean I'm chalking it up to disgruntled boredom. Which I didn't even know existed until about 3 minutes ago. But I digress. It just all seemed rather bazaar to me.

Has anyone else been criticized (and I use the term loosely in this case) because of something so trivial as your Lush Profile??

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Head Nurse
0 likes
I haven't but in the gaming spirit of the forum Ill add this bit of constructive criticism to your profile.

I get hungry when I look at it smile
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Yes.

I recently had someone I had zero contact with prior to this send me this super-bitchy rant about how I clearly had a 'low IQ' for mentioning copyright protection on my profile because as far as she could see it, there was no visible copyright on my stories (I guess she missed the 'click for copyright' at the top of all my stories) and how I was dumb for posting a copyright and anti-plagiarism message cause that 'that ain't worth nothin', honey' and how she was pissed that this was misleading people who don't know how copyright works. Yes, how dare I mislead those poor potential plagiarizers!!

To be honest - it really took me aback. I'm surprised people have that much time on their hands to run around critiquing profiles and going on a level-10 anger rant with people they don't know. Weird.

I sent her back a link to the DMCA (online copyright protection act) but I doubt she read it.

** For the record, I think your profile is awesome, Danielle! smile
0 likes
Quote by slipperywhenwet2012
Has anyone else been criticized (and I use the term loosely in this case) because of something so trivial as your Lush Profile??

I've never received any criticism for my profile, but I also can't see why you did either. I like it when people take the time to fill out all of the different areas. It makes for more interesting reading.
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll

To be honest - it really took me aback. I'm surprised people have that much time on their hands to run around critiquing profiles and going on a level-10 anger rant with people they don't know. Weird.

** For the record, I think your profile is awesome, Danielle! smile

I totally agree. Why go around bashing the profiles of complete strangers?? I guess effort offends people.1Wa87ZTCnWNjbg2N

And thanks for the compliments sugar plum, they mean a lot coming from you.

Lurker
0 likes
**rolls sleeves up** gimmie the name of this goon and I'll kick their teeth in **shakes fist**. But in answer to your original question, I don't think I've ever received criticism for my profile. Sounds like whomever dissed yours was being a hypocrite or perhaps was trying to troll you because at least you're making an effort, unlike unnamed criticizer.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Confession: I MILDLY criticised someone's profile today, BUT it was someone with whom I've been corresponding. I said that it would be nice to see a little more about him on his profile, as the info there was a bit vague, but I didn't mean it to be a critical comment. I also stressed that the great thing about this site is that you can be anyone you want to be, and put as much or as little on your profile as you feel comfortable with.

My thought was only to express interest in this person's interests, to know where they came from, etc.

I am in stark admiration of some of the profiles on here - so much creativity!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
wtf...your profile is about YOU not them ...ffs people...give us ALL a break you are so not the new york times critic..ok..am sorry sweetie..some people are just asses. GET OVER YOURSELF haters!
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
I think your profile ROCKS (even though I can't stand Kate Nash). I think it shows the fun side of you, and it's awesome. So the plonker who messaged you can bog off, because they aren't as fun as you, so there, plonker person!

I keep getting asked by random people to show my nipples in my albums. The person who kept asking to see my pussy got sent a picture of my dead cat (don't worry, the picture was taken when she was still alive). His account got deleted, or something.
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think this person should look at there blank profile before they even think of crticise anyone else, I mean not even to have an avatar they provide a couple you can use on here. I agree this is your profile and you can put as much or as little as you want to show!
cdyk
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Quote by Gurlyboy
**rolls sleeves up** gimmie the name of this goon and I'll kick their teeth in **shakes fist**.

Lol. Thanks for coming to my rescue sugar plum. But I'm a lover, not a fighter. But I'll definitely keep your offer in mind for future reference.yAe8HjufIWLkpeny

Lurker
0 likes
You have a LOVELY profile, just like the person that it is all about!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Now that is a new one haven't heard that before. personally me I couldn't give a rats ass whether someone likes the profile I have up or not. As someone above stated it's clearly not about them I wouldn't worry to much about it.
“I'm not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I'm not looking for the secret to life.... I just go on from day to day, taking what comes.”~Frank Sinatra~
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'v heard people complain about blank profiles, and this one is new. Frankly I'm surprised that he spent time to write you emial, instead of that the time and effort to fill in his profile.

I have a full profile, which I had took time to fill, to upload pictures and videos, and I'm proud of my profile because I put efforts in it. I haven't heard anyone complained about my profile. In fact it was my profile which drew some of my friend's attention and became friends with me.
Welcome to visit my tumblr page at http://HK4167.tumblr.com for erotic arts. Or http://slice-of-moment.tumblr.com for non-erotic arts.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
In this era of suit and counter suit, thrust and parry, we have lost the art of detached indifference aka the cold shoulder. If anyone contacts you with issues as trite as some of the ones broached above, just ignore them. Life is too short; live and let live people.

And while we're on the subject of profiles. How do I get myself 'interviewed'? Such Lush luminaries as Dancing_Doll, Buz and the great NatureBoy have interviews on their personal info column - all of which I've enjoyed reading. I want one too !
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm trying not to make this sound like a rant. But someone who shan't (lol, shan't) be named sent me a PM saying my profile had too much going on and that I, and I quote, "Am taking this thing waaay too seriously. People come here for sex. Not to see you trying to be Ms. Popularity." I was too caught off guard and the message was too ridiculous for me to even attempt to be offended. I should also note that this person's profile was bare and lacking in even an avatar. And the gender was left ambiguous. I'm not even sure how said person stumbled across my profile in my lowly corner of Lush. I mean I'm chalking it up to disgruntled boredom. Which I didn't even know existed until about 3 minutes ago. But I digress. It just all seemed rather bazaar to me.

I have gotten critcized for many things on Lush but never had anyone criticize my profile. I am actually surprised if they even read it. Your profile is awesome although I am not a fan of your music choices, HAHA!! But Im sure you would probably hate mine based on your profile.

Next time you get a PM critcizing it, appologize to them and tell them your main goal in life was to write a profile they like!!
Lurker
0 likes

Lol. Thanks for coming to my rescue sugar plum. But I'm a lover, not a fighter. But I'll definitely keep your offer in mind for future reference.k4BNaiG69j85LSNH

I'm also a lover but it brings my fighting side (and my defensive/protective side) out when I hear of hypocritical douche bags. As I've said before, I love your profile. It's nice and happy smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
For what it's worth, I like your profile. It takes a while to load because of all the gifs in the public comments section, but data in your bio is interesting.
My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
The Linebacker
0 likes
SlipperyWhen Wet your profile is just fine. I enjoyed looking at it. It may be shorter than mine or very similar in length. Obviously Dancing_Doll's profile is a huge success, just look at her story follower list and friend's list.

The complaining about your profile is just some jealous snot heads being whiny and bitchy. They gotta cry about something. Offer them a tissue.
Velvet-Voiced Titillator
0 likes
I have a few passing comment that my profile information was a little basic, and I have in the past not accepted friend request from people for not really having much info on their profile.

It’s the first I've heard someone moaning about too much information.

I'd just ignore it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes, I've had a few people pass comment on the opening line of my profile, 'I'm here for my enjoyment, not yours. If that confuses you, please leave now.'

A few people have told me it makes me seem like a bitch, one even sent me a message asking if I allowed anyone else to enjoy themselves on here. As far as I'm concerned, it clearly did confuse them and rather than leave they felt the need to get in touch.

People who are going to nit pick over your well filled out profile, aren't worth your time and more than likely, they aren't the sort of people you'd want to be talking to anyway.
Classified
0 likes
freakycactus you're not a bitch! I would like to keep you in check though.

Danielle, (great profile), just treat the comment with the contempt it deserves.
Why people insist on the tomato sauce silhouette profile. How difficult is it to make a little effort?

I have had a couple of negative requests on my profile.
One was to remove a blog pic showing a man kissing lips, yes those lips! This is a sex site, with pics!

The other was to streamline my activity listings.
OK. It can help those on phones.
Of all our inventions for mass communication,
pictures still speak the most universally understood language.

Walt Disney
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think your profile looks great! You just had a jealous green eyed meanie mail you. I'm constantly screwing around with mine adding and deleting stuff. Haven't had anything but compliments as of yet.

One question for you slippery how did you get you groove shark playlist to automatically play when accessing your profile I can't seem to figure that at all and I miss being blasted with my current fav song when I access my profile.

Thanks keep your profile crazy it's great!

Bunny

Bunny12

Bunny Rabbits cute and fuzzy they want to love you but they have razor sharp teeth - don't piss them off!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I guess it wouldn't go down well then if I said your background gives me eye-rot and having music on a profile makes me want to kick things.
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow
I guess it wouldn't go down well then if I said your background gives me eye-rot and having music on a profile makes me want to kick things.

Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by naughtynurse

I get hungry when I look at it smile

Same here.....

So many sweeties.....
Teased and Tormented -My very first story and competition entry is now up!
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Quote by Bunny12

One question for you slippery how did you get you groove shark playlist to automatically play when accessing your profile I can't seem to figure that at all and I miss being blasted with my current fav song when I access my profile.

Bunny

To make it start automatically, you need to make a change in the code you embedded. In two spots in the code it says &p=0. You need to change these to read &p=1. Hope this helps!

Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Thanks for the responses you guys! Especially those of you that actually answered my question!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Buz
SlipperyWhen Wet your profile is just fine. I enjoyed looking at it. It may be shorter than mine or very similar in length. Obviously Dancing_Doll's profile is a huge success, just look at her story follower list and friend's list.

The complaining about your profile is just some jealous snot heads being whiny and bitchy. They gotta cry about something. Offer them a tissue.

I think DD's profile is great, but the main reason she has so many friends and followers is because she writes AMAZING stories and her delicious sexually adventurous attitude!!