Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

What is the big deal over a pic of Military moms breastfeeding???

last reply
12 replies
1.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I see absolutely nothing wrong with it, the kids need fed, they've got the equipment, might as well do it. It's a beautiful and natural thing to do and more women should do it. Of course, that would be in an ideal world. In this fucked up world, breasts are sexual and people seem to be shocked if they are used for their natural purpose. I say good on them, more people need to be aware of the true role of breasts, sure they're fun and they bring sexual pleasure but they are also, first and foremost, for feeding babies and more people need to be aware of this fact.
Lurker
0 likes
You can't see any nipples? That's the only thing wrong with that pic that I can see
Lurker
0 likes
When I was a teenager, the local council decided to host a free rock festival. The local newspapers were full of outraged locals complaining. One of the funniest complaint was that the free rock festival would attract women who would breast feed their babies in public. Needless to say I attended and was disappointed to note that this wasn't true.

I'm not sure what the big deal over breastfeeding is. When I was at a parent group one of the women used to start feeding her baby while we were talking and, if I hadn't known what she was doing, I wouldn't have known she was doing it (if that makes sense).
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It shouldn't be just for military moms. Women who are mothers know how important it is to feed their newborns. What difference does it make if these women are in the military or whether they are just civilians?

I have no problem with women breastfeeding in public. I have actually witnessed it three times myself. As long as the woman (mother) is comfortable with it, why not? It's a natural thing for mothers to be mothers. The three that I saw, two were very discreet about it, but I could tell what they were doing and they did not show any part of their breasts. They were well concealed.

But one, however, she just whipped it out and let the newborn get nourishment. And this was in Ruby Tuesday during lunch one time! I say, more power to new mothers that have no problem doing what is a natural thing.
"So don't cry to me.
If you loved me,
You would be here with me.
Don't lie to me,
Just get your things.
I've made up your mind."

--Evanescence
Lurker
0 likes
I work in a coffee shop that is breastfeeding friendly and loads of mothers do it there, we have no issue with it
Lurker
0 likes
I was 13 the first time I saw one of my older cousins wife breastfeed, I questioned her what she was doing and she said I'm doing what God designed me to do feed my son. So I learned quickly not to take offense to a woman breastfeeding their child.

I sadly couldn't breastfeed, never developed milk with either of my two boys. Thankfully they still were raised health, but I feel I was cheated out of something special.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If it's disgusting or inappropriate.. If we need a poll or as it is just happened that we show the door to a mother who is breastfeeding her baby... Than, We have really lost it!

Mothers keep on doing it! It's natural (like we need to mention it) It's healthy for you, incredibly healthy for the your baby (he/she would probably never suffer of allergies). Hey, ignorance will always be loud.
Choose n Practice Happiness

Life is simple; we are what we eat and what we read. Talk is superfluous.
Lurker
0 likes
It's a natural thing and not a big deal. If you want to see something offensive just go to a Wal-Mart on any given day and spend half an hour there. Most days you'll get to see something disgusting.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I'm new here, but as I'm still AD, I feel I should clarify this.

The issue with the photos wasn't the breasts, or the breastfeeding itself, or even that they were necessarily breastfeeding in uniform.

The photos were posted as part of an interview by a "breastfeeding awareness and support" organization of some sort. The mothers in question let their pictures be taken on their own time and in uniform, which would lend the notion to some people that whatever branch they were in (I think it was Air Force) was "officially" supporting that particular view/cause.

It can be viewed as a tad anal, but the official line is that the Army/DOD/Military in general try to stay clear of social awareness/political/other issues like this; no wearing of the uniform at political functions on one's own time, and things of that nature.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
College professor nurses baby during lecture.

Some students were offended as it was unprofessional to them. Others were not. Or as one student put it, ""I think what's inappropriate is that she brought her child to class in the first place," said sophomore Sarah Mireles. "It's ("it" being the presence of the baby itself) very distracting to a lot of the students."

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
There is a stigma against it in public, not just for miltary mothers. There are places now that have a sign on the door saying that breastfeeding is allowed, but some now have one that is itsn't allowed.

Personal I dont feel comfortable breastfeeding in public, I have but prefer to go the bathroom to do it.
Classified
0 likes
Quote by MMonroe
I work in a coffee shop that is breastfeeding friendly and loads of mothers do it there, we have no issue with it

Of all our inventions for mass communication,
pictures still speak the most universally understood language.

Walt Disney