Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Would you like to be able to kno who has viewed your profile?

last reply
59 replies
5.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes

Do you want to know who has viewed your profile?

54 votes remaining
Yes (20 votes) 37%
No (57 votes) 106%
Other, please explain (3 votes) 6%
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
I think this is a really neat idea. Gav has asked me to post it and get some feedback. Would you want to know who has viewed your profile on a daily basis?
♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I voted no because I can imagine it causing a lot of arguments among some. I'd check too much to see who'd been looking at mine and then overthinking it, not to mention, I don't want some people to see I've been viewing their profile. They might realise I'm secretly stalking them
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I voted No. I can't see what I'd get out of it other than slightly disturbed by people visiting 20 times a day.

I can't see how it would improve my lush experience, unless I was aggressively marketing my page and wanted to see what strategies brought the most eyeballs to my page. If I ever get like that, feel free to call me a cunt.

Also I wouldn't want people to feel like they're being watched while on my profile.
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow
I voted No. I can't see what I'd get out of it other than slightly disturbed by people visiting 20 times a day.

I can't see how it would improve my lush experience, unless I was aggressively marketing my page and wanted to see what strategies brought the most eyeballs to my page. If I ever get like that, feel free to call me a cunt.

Also I wouldn't want people to feel like they're being watched while on my profile.

Can I call you a cunt anyway?
Clever Gem
0 likes
I voted no as well.
I do not need to analyse why so and so keeps looking at my profile or even worse, why so and so is NOT looking at my profile.
But mostly I would never ever want smartarse above me actually knowing how many times I check out his jeans in a day.

*Edit
Come to think of it, I don't even like the "Members viewing crazydiamond's profile" box. When I stumble upon a stranger there, it always freaks me out a bit, I don't know why, but I don't like it.
Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado
0 likes
part of the fun of Lush is being able to check out members profiles anonymously .... listen to some songs or videos .... or pics!

no thanks .... I don't want Buz knowing I've checked out his profile 20 times in one day! lol
Lurker
0 likes
No.

I'm a member of a site where you're informed of who's looked at you (and how many times) on a daily basis. Trust me when I say that it's not a good thing. Causes more arguments, friction and paranoia than it's worth.
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
I've voted no (I think - the laptop slipped off me as I hit the button! ).

I would LOVE to see who the heck thinks my page is interesting enough to look at, but I would hate for people to know I had been looking at theirs. I like to keep my activity as private as possible (because it's nobody's business unless I want to make it so), and I hate how they can see me browsing the forum when I am unable to chat.

I would also hate for people to feel uncomfortable that I could see if they had been checking out my fabulous Gingas.

If the option to choose whether people could see we had visited was there, that would be okay, but mine would be permanently not showing.
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Clumeleon
0 likes
Hmm... I'm on the fence on this one. I do think it could potentially cause a host of new problems on the site but I am curious about what sad bastards are spending their time perusing my page.

Then I think about people being able to see that I have viewed their page. What will they make of that? Will they read too much into it?

I reckon it's inviting trouble but I shall mull some more.
Classified
0 likes
Wow look at all those watching this forum!

Of all our inventions for mass communication,
pictures still speak the most universally understood language.

Walt Disney
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I see the NO rate is very high... Might it be because some are shy....to not let folks see.. where they might be...or by whom they've been viewed...whether one is a gal or a dude...My vote was NO in this test...If I see someone of interest...I send a note which I think is best... (:<)}
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by crazydiamond
I voted no as well.
I do not need to analyse why so and so keeps looking at my profile or even worse, why so and so is NOT looking at my profile.
But mostly I would never ever want smartarse above me actually knowing how many times I check out his jeans in a day.

*Edit
Come to think of it, I don't even like the "Members viewing crazydiamond's profile" box. When I stumble upon a stranger there, it always freaks me out a bit, I don't know why, but I don't like it.

Great news! You have the option to hide who is viewing your profile. Check out your settings and privacy page.

I voted no. Our profiles are there to be viewed! We have the ability to allow only friends to see certain sections, so I don't mind people viewing my profile. Actually, I encourage people to read it, as it saves me from having to repeat the same basic info to each person who asks.
Lurker
0 likes
Yes, I like to know who has visited my profile, who's visiting and like if they drop a word for me in comment box.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I voted 'no' because I think profile views will go down if people are paranoid about being labelled a stalker or showing too much interest in someone. People will be more careful when they click-to-view.

As well, it's likely to cause more frenemy wars and status-update feuds.
Lurker
0 likes
No because I don't want to know. Ignorance is bliss.
Besides sometimes I surf the profiles and check things out but it is not because I'm stalking anyone.
I'm just a curious person. smile
Lurker
0 likes
It's polite to at least leave a calling card in the bowl for them beside the front door.

Lurker
0 likes
Noooo, some people might freak out if they find out how often I click their profiles. I'm not a stalker, I swear. .. .most of the time. ..
Matriarch
0 likes
It's actually built in to VBulletin's software (the most popular forum software in the world, we don't use).

I think it would be good fun, if you checked regularly and the same person / people were constantly checking your profile, you'd know you have a stalker. Yay!

[/monday morning black humour]
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by nicola
It's actually built in to VBulletin's software (the most popular forum software in the world, we don't use).

I think it would be good fun, if you checked regularly and the same person / people were constantly checking your profile, you'd know you have a stalker. Yay!

[/monday morning black humour]

Or be gutted that we don't...

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
0 likes
I voted "no".

I've seen posts on Facebook where friends use some kind of app to discover who's been visiting their profile. I don't know whether it actually works, but it seems to generate paranoia. I'd never use it myself.
Matriarch
0 likes
Joking aside, it's not something we'll be implementing.
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by Lisa
I voted "no".

I've seen posts on Facebook where friends use some kind of app to discover who's been visiting their profile. I don't know whether it actually works, but it seems to generate paranoia. I'd never use it myself.

They are scams! Facebook does not offer that service integrally. The link either hijacks your account or takes you to a page that can infect your computer with viruses, etc. They often look like real Facebook pages, but contain links that will have you wishing you never bothered!

Gald to hear it, Nicola, thank you. I would be in danger of stalking myself just to check if I was being stalked.

Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
I did this because it was a member request. I wanted to get an idea of how well it would go over, and well........it went over like a fart in church.
♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
0 likes
Quote by Shylass

They are scams! Facebook does not offer that service integrally. The link either hijacks your account or takes you to a page that can infect your computer with viruses, etc. They often look like real Facebook pages, but contain links that will have you wishing you never bothered!

Gald to hear it, Nicola, thank you. I would be in danger of stalking myself just to check if I was being stalked.

Ah, I thought that might be the case! Thank you.

And I'd be likely to stalk myself, too.
Matriarch
0 likes
Nobody is shooting the messenger Pixie!

Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
Research. We never know what will work if we don't ask. smile
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by Pixie
I did this because it was a member request. I wanted to get an idea of how well it would go over, and well........it went over like a fart in church.

Hey, lass. Sometimes, farts in churches make the preacher finish sooner, so we can all go home for lunch. I know, I tried it.

Matriarch
0 likes
I went to a church once. The font water boiled. I was never asked back.
0 likes
Quote by nicola

That was funny.