Lush Photographers, Post "Your" Photos Here

last reply
851 replies
79.6k views
3 watchers
101 likes
Candy Connoisseur
2 likes
I have noticed in my travels that there are many people here that have an interest in photography. So here is a chance to showcase your favourite photos that you have taken. If you like, share your inspiration, technique, what lens you used, the lighting, and what you did in post processing. Lets face it, digital photos need to be processed, but Im sure there are some purists out there who still use film. So post away, dont be shy. It does not matter if you took it with a $10k DSLR or the camera on your phone, we'd like to see it. And maybe we might learn something along the way. Im sure I will.
Candy Connoisseur
0 likes

Took this from the top of the south pylon of the Harbour Bridge. Yes, you can get up there, its not part of the bridge climb. Its much cheaper and just as spectacular.
Just used a standard 18-35mm lens, adjusted the colour and contrast, added a gradient layer mask to darken the clouds to how they looked on the day.
Clumeleon
2 likes
Not really into photography but took a few good snaps when I was in Bavaria a few years ago.

Lurker
1 like
Oh dear....you're going to be seeing too much of me in here. This photo is one of my top 5 from this year...potentially my favourite. Taken in a really beautiful local wood that was, at the time, out in full bluebell force. The whole wood is scattered with bomb holes.... my little sister and I were sat at the bottom of one looking up at a beautiful blue sky:

Quick note that I hate to add in (but have had work taken before): if I see this photo (or any others I may post at a later date) being used or posted elsewhere I won't hesitate to take action. Thanks
Lurker
0 likes
apparently i couldnt post cause the file is to big. when ihave the motivation to resize it i will...
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Sprichler
apparently i couldnt post cause the file is to big. when ihave the motivation to resize it i will...

The lazy person's way is to screenshot it and post the screenshot smile
Lurker
1 like
This is taken with a newer camera model (Canon's 60D as opposed to my 400D)...although I don't find an awful lot of different in the image quality between these cameras I do find mine is lacking when it comes to the close ups..

My great grandmother's engagement and wedding ring.

Lurker
1 like
I don't know that I'd go as far as to call this one photography...but I do like it. Little shot from a big 18th birthday party I was hired to cover.

Lurker
2 likes
Amazing shot, SydneySider.
And MexicanGoddess, your pictures are beautiful and beautifully composed. They'd be even better if you could refrain from cutting off the tops and bottoms of things.
Just my 2 cents worth.

Advanced Wordsmith
1 like
Let's see if I can manage this...

This is a series of photos I took on a cruise of Monterey Bay in California during July 2010. There was an unprecedented krill bloom and there were multiple blue whales and humpback whales lunge feeding all over the place.

These photos are untouched (except to be sized down for Lush). They were taken with a Canon EOS Rebel XT and a 300mm lens. The boat was rolling and churning all over the place, so I was unable to frame these the way I wanted.

Candy Connoisseur
1 like
Quote by LittleBambi
This is taken with a newer camera model (Canon's 60D as opposed to my 400D)...although I don't find an awful lot of different in the image quality between these cameras I do find mine is lacking when it comes to the close ups..

My great grandmother's engagement and wedding ring.

I love the sentiment of this, but do you mind if I post an edit?? Its a very simple one, but has made it pop a little more...and please, post all you want.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by SydneySider

I love the sentiment of this, but do you mind if I post an edit?? Its a very simple one, but has made it pop a little more...and please, post all you want.

In the nicest possible sense...can I request not, please. Partly because I'm happy with them as they are in there natural state (I rarely do anything more than gentle tweaking in photoshop)...and partly because I'm not sure that I like the idea of someone having one of my photos up in an editing program!
Lurker
1 like
Here is one before I go off for the day (to look after more horses, actually). This is my old loan mare, a real sweetheart that got me through a bad couple of years. She particularly enjoyed having a little snooze on my shoulder whilst I'd be sat having some lunch.

I recently went back to the stables to visit her for the first time in a few years...little bit sad because she's getting on now and showing it. She was glad to see me though. This is a photo from that day.

Matriarch
0 likes
How do you do the fake tilt shift effect? I love it! It makes Circular Quay look like it's made out of lego!

I will see what I can dig out of my archives, when I find my exterior hard drive.