last reply
9 replies
2.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
hey guys and gals,

So as the subject says should i go or should i stay pretty much is either of the two answers i am looking for, so here is the scenario!

_i have been with a guy for almost 6 yrs( im 22) we have been through alot ( me being pregnant, me losing the baby) along with other hills and mountains. I do love him i really do and i know that he loves me too ( he speaks of family and marriage all the time). however, i am no longer looking for marriage and to tell you the honest truth, i just feel like i have to start looking after myself for awhil.. but how do i not hurt his feelings? every time i mention the fact of me moving ( to a diff country) its me by silence and a pissy attitude)..plz help me clear the jungle in my head neutral
Lurker
0 likes
Sometimes, it's best to be cruel to be kind. Why continue to live the lies? The truth may hurt him, but if you continue as is, then both get hurt for much longer. Tell it like it is: I want and need something else now. You must abide.
Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado
0 likes
Quote by WmCutterBlack
Sometimes, it's best to be cruel to be kind. Why continue to live the lies? The truth may hurt him, but if you continue as is, then both get hurt for much longer. Tell it like it is: I want and need something else now. You must abide.

WmCutterBlack says it very well. My only addition to his comments is that it is very important to "live YOUR authentic life" .... living your life for someone else will make you resentful and regretful. Live life to the fullest, so that your list of regrets are small and insignificant!

Good luck!!

PA
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
time to go

u met him at 16

you have evolved

it is ok...we do this every 10 years...

so straight talk him to keep from hurtig him

ok

hugs
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Any time I've ever reached a crossroads in a relationship, I always ask myself, "Would I be happier or more miserable, if we were apart?" It has always been the deciding factor for me. I stayed married, because I knew I would be far more miserable apart from him than if we stuck it out. In retrospect, I'm glad I did.

But I've also ended relationships because I knew that no matter how much it would hurt, it was best for me to leave... and best for him, too, in the long run. I would've made his life hell, had I stayed. It's terribly trite, I know... but... follow your heart.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
This is a difficult thing to accomplish in a relationship without causing hurt feelings. My suggestion is that you don't have to be painfully blunt but you do have to be plainly truthful.
Step one is for you to decide which it will be (make the decision).
Step two is to present your decision as kindly as possible (state the decision).
Step three is to deal with the response with no compromise (live the decision). This is where it may HAVE to get painfully blunt.
But sweetie, YOU have to make this decision for yourself and then live it, and the longer you put it off the more hurt there will be, and one last thing, "silence and a pissy attitude" are not a good signal for a happy marriage and family.
I wish you the best.
If you ignore beauty, you will soon find yourself without it.................Frank Lloyd Wright

I always practice obedience, when it's in my best interest.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by PersonalAssistant

it is very important to "live YOUR authentic life" .... living your life for someone else will make you resentful and regretful.

That is so true! Thank you Personal Assistant

1) Only if you live your authentic life can experience true happiness.

2) Only happiness count. No position, no money, no place, not even health, which you will loose it if you're not happy.
Choose n Practice Happiness

Life is simple; we are what we eat and what we read. Talk is superfluous.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
thnx for the advice ladies...its much appreciated!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Are you picking another country in order to get away OR is it because you think it may cause let hurt? Sometimes it hurts LESS to just "rip off the band aid."
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Staying and being unhappy will finally build to a deep hatred you both will regret the rest of your life. Find your happy place, he will also in time.