Songs That Remind You Of Him/Her

last reply
52 replies
4.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Clumeleon
0 likes
What songs always make you think of your significant other (past or present)?

Maybe it's a song with lyrics that perfectly describe them. Maybe it reminds you of a special time with them, like your first night together or first date. Maybe it's their favourite song and you love it because you love them.

Whatever the reason, share it.

Once upon a time, I detested Michael Bublé. I thought him a dreadful musician and could hardly stand to sit through an entire song of his.

Why, then, do I love his song, Everything, so much? Well, because it's "our" song. It's irrational, yes, but so is love, right?

I listened to this song the other night while I was talking to her and you could not wipe the grin off my face. It just makes me go all soppy and emotional. Without a doubt, one of my favourite songs now.

Lurker
0 likes
Sex is on fire-Kings of Leon :when I got back together with an ex,he brought me kings of Leon CD.
Lurker
0 likes
More - The Sisters of Mercy

Always reminds me of Andrew Eldricth from The Sisters of Mercy. Hmm strange that....
Lurker
0 likes
Tangled Up in You by Aaron Lewis
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The Theme to the Muppet show. I think about my first guy.
Bunker Love
My Dream my latest stopry
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
This one is first...

sex is like a joke...it's only good if you get it

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The song I just love.

Lurker
0 likes
You Found Me by Kelly Clarkson because my wifey found me and made my life so much better.
Lurker
0 likes
My Best Friend (More Than A Lover) -- Tim McGraw
Lurker
0 likes

When I met her, I was into Bon Jovi in a big way. This was always one of my favourite songs and was actually quite appropriate for the relationship. We were Bad Medicine for each other. She was too young for me, I too old for her. We pursued a relationship and it ended very abruptly. There were and are no hard feelings, it's just that the relationship wasn't meant to be at that particular time. Maybe sometime in the future we'll meet again and we'll be together again. At the time she was the love of my life and if we ever meet again, I just hope we still spark, even though I'm currently having mooshy feelings for another.
Lurker
0 likes
crazy girl eli young band
good morning beautiful lonestar
drunk on you luke bryan
amazed lonestar
flightless bird american mouth
just a kiss lady a
and last but not least
must be doin somethin right billy curington
Lurker
0 likes
"15 THERE'S STILL TIME FOR YOU, TIME TO BUY AND TIME TO LOSE YOURSELF WITHIN A MORNING STAR"

-AS MY YOUNG HEART TWINGED FOR THE FIRST TIME OF MY LIFE. THOUGH I'VE NEVER BEEN INTO A RELATIONSHIP, HE WOULD ALWAYS REMINDS ME OF THE ART OF CHIVALRY. HE MADE ME A SCARRED WARRIOR AND I'LL ALWAYS BE INDEBTED FOR THAT. IT'S VERY RARE TO SEE A STOIC MAN WHO CAN FORBEAR ALL THE NUANCES OF MUNDANE TEMPTATIONS. IT'S A BIG REGRET HAVING TO LET HIM GO.

"IF YOU ONLY GOT A HUNDRED YEARS, TO LIVE"- Five for Fighting.
Lurker
0 likes
Kid Rock's We Collide. But also the song Tangled, can never truely get her off my mind
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
There are lots to choose from, I've gone with the top three.

In the End by Linkin Park always makes me think of my first love. It was 'our song' without being 'our song'.

Everything by Lifehouse - my ex fiance, it was our song and we planned on having our first dance to it when we got married.

For Good from the Wicked soundtrack - The line, 'Because I knew you, I have been changed for good' makes me think of so many people I'm grateful to have, and to have had in my life.
Clumeleon
0 likes
Bumpity Bump!
Constant Gardener
0 likes
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Despite my guitar music inclinations a piece that reminds me of my first serious affair is Rachmaninov's 18th Variation of Pagnini's 24th Caprice. I can even remember that it was J3 on a Juke box in a coffee bar near the Empire theatre in Sunderland which had an usual selection of records. The coffee bar was pulled down to build a horrible traffic system but I think she's still around somewhere in that town. Inevitably whenever I hear that piano piece I remember.
Lurker
0 likes
Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy...what can I say, he is my cowboy.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I Try - Macy Gray & Thinking of You - Katy Perry
Lurker
0 likes
"Fly Me to the Moon" by Frank Sinatra -- My ex and I went to a wedding for one of his friends and he told me he loved for the first time while we were dancing to this song. I rarely hear this song, but if it happens to come on my shuffle or something, I always think of him.

More recently...

"Why Can't I" by Liz Phair -- It's all about falling for someone new, which I seem to be finding myself doing lately. I've listened to it quite a few times over the last couple of days!