Two part question

last reply
25 replies
1.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
1) 50 Shades of Grey:Considering reading this. So sort of a question for mistresses/owners: should puppies/subs be reading this?
This is something I need to discuss with my mistress/owner I suppose but wanted outside opinions. Thanks in advance.

2) Is it normal/accepted/appropriate for a puppy/sub to be in love with his mistress/owner? B/c I love the hell out of mine. heart
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Beck
2) Is it normal/accepted/appropriate for a puppy/sub to be in love with his mistress/owner? B/c I love the hell out of mine. heart

I can only answer this one.

Yeah it's normal. When you give all your trust to 1 person and spend as much time with them as a Mistress/Master usually does with their sub it only natural the feelings will develop.

as for accepted/Appropriate that is something that is different in every relationship. If you're wondering if your Mistress is ok with it you will have to talk to her about it
Lurker
0 likes
Thank you. Yes, I will have to talk with her about it. All I know is I would follow my mistress anywhere and take a hail of gunfire for her.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
1. I like pets that have a mind and opinions of their own but are respectful. I don't do the allowed or not allowed thing. Keep in touch, be straight with me, do what you say you're going to or are directly told to do and let me do the driving and we're good.

2. Not only is it totally appropriate but always happens with the deepest connections. It's different with each one just as there are many different types of love.
Bunny12

Bunny Rabbits cute and fuzzy they want to love you but they have razor sharp teeth - don't piss them off!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Bunny12
1. I like pets that have a mind and opinions of their own but are respectful. I don't do the allowed or not allowed thing. Keep in touch, be straight with me, do what you say you're going to or are directly told to do and let me do the driving and we're good.

2. Not only is it totally appropriate but always happens with the deepest connections. It's different with each one just as there are many different types of love.

Thank you. That makes a lot of sense. I realize that each Mistress/Owner is different and has formulated rules specificly for their pup/sub.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The answer to both questions is yes.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Red_Dragon
The answer to both questions is yes.

Thank you Red_Dragon. Like I said I love my Mistress/owner. She can be quite strict but still loving at the same time.
Also good to know that it is acceptable for a sub/pup to be reading 50 Shades.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Beck
1) 50 Shades of Grey:Considering reading this. So sort of a question for mistresses/owners: should puppies/subs be reading this?
This is something I need to discuss with my mistress/owner I suppose but wanted outside opinions. Thanks in advance.

No one can really answer that for you except your mistress.

But if you want to be the best pet you can be for her, my best advice is to try and ask yourself, whenever faced with a decision in her absence, which way would she want me to choose?

The more you can internalize her thoughts and wishes, the more you will become her's.

I can't imagine a relationship that has the level of commitment, trust and service that true TPE implies wouldn't be a deeply loving one.

In some dynamics, expression of that love may be expressed differently, of course. That's to be expected given how different TPE is from what the vanilla world tells us is "normal."

But in the end, TPE is a symbiotic relationship. The owned gets as much or more from their owner as they give.

I'd like to plug my story "The Training of Lucy," if I may. It speaks directly to this very question. Particularly in the epilogue.
My novel, The Society, is available now in the Kindle Store: http://www.amazon.com/The-Society-ebook/dp/B00BPF9U2I
Lurker
0 likes
Yes. I have had several people tell me this. When I do talk with my Mistress/Owner I will ask. As far as answers or suggestions pertaing to the second part of my question I can only tell you how I feel about it. As her pup I am VERY protective of her and love her unconditionally. I mean one time she popped me with a riding crop for a minor infraction. I still happily licked her face.
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by Beck
Yes. I have had several people tell me this. When I do talk with my Mistress/Owner I will ask. As far as answers or suggestions pertaing to the second part of my question I can only tell you how I feel about it. As her pup I am VERY protective of her and love her unconditionally. I mean one time she hung me from the ceiling for an infraction, then proceeded to beat the ever loving crap out of me.....As harsh as that punishment was I still happily wagged my tail and was overjoyed to be allowed to lick her face. As her sub I love her with all my heart....Yes she can be strict and damn does she have a sadistic side but I really want my collar. A friend of mine who just doesn't get the appeal remarked that to her this was not love. It is to me. Anyway thanks for all of the positive responces.

Are you serious? And what about when you end up in hospital? Will you love that too?

It's posts like these that make me want to run away screaming and labelling the whole BDSM scene as abusive, even though I am sure that would horribly offend people who don't act like that. I want to understand, but this? This makes me want to ... I don't even have the words for it.
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Shylass

Are you serious? And what about when you end up in hospital? Will you love that too?

It's posts like these that make me want to run away screaming and labelling the whole BDSM scene as abusive, even though I am sure that would horribly offend people who don't act like that. I want to understand, but this? This makes me want to ... I don't even have the words for it.

Don't let your concern turn into YKINOK.

We can't tell from here that this is not a healthy relationship, even of the dynamic is heavier than you or I are used to.
My novel, The Society, is available now in the Kindle Store: http://www.amazon.com/The-Society-ebook/dp/B00BPF9U2I
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Beck
Yes. I have had several people tell me this. When I do talk with my Mistress/Owner I will ask. As far as answers or suggestions pertaing to the second part of my question I can only tell you how I feel about it. As her pup I am VERY protective of her and love her unconditionally. I mean one time she hung me from the ceiling for an infraction, then proceeded to beat the ever loving crap out of me.....As harsh as that punishment was I still happily wagged my tail and was overjoyed to be allowed to lick her face. As her sub I love her with all my heart....Yes she can be strict and damn does she have a sadistic side but I really want my collar. A friend of mine who just doesn't get the appeal remarked that to her this was not love. It is to me. Anyway thanks for all of the positive responces.

If I wasn't so bitter and jaded I would think this was the truth and react accordingly... unfortunately I think your just looking for attention and are nothing more than a troll.
Do us all a favour and do this somewhere else.
Lurker
0 likes
I would like to point out it IS NOT abuse if it is between two concenting adults. A lot of what my Mistress does is through images.
While she might psyhically touch and yes occasionally pops me with the leash or a riding crop it is not as bad as it sometimes sounds.
My mistress and I have set boundries and limits. We have only crossed them once.
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by Sensei

Don't let your concern turn into YKINOK.

We can't tell from here that this is not a healthy relationship, even of the dynamic is heavier than you or I are used to.

I'm sorry for being judgemental in other people's eyes, but I will never believe that beating the "ever loving crap out" of a person is healthy and okay. I can understand pain can be nice for some people, but beating a person? I cannot come to terms with that, and I cannot understand how just because a person is asking to be beaten makes it okay.

I've tried to understand, and I just can't.

Guess that's my cue to step out of this realm.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Lurker
0 likes
Well, it is not as bad as it seems. Yes I do like the occasional pain inflicted but she can also be gentle and loving.
Taken out of context it does sound bad. Bieng put in check is just one of the elements of the lifestyle. How bieng popped with a riding crop is abuse, I'll never know. Remember I said she can get into my mind so a severe beating is what I will feel even if it is light touch.
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by Beck
Well, it is not as bad as it seems. Yes I do like the pain inflicted by my mistress but she can also be gentle, loving and kind.
Taken out of context it does sound bad. Bieng put in check is just one of the elements of the lifestyle. How bieng popped with a riding crop is abuse, I'll never know. Remember I said she can get into my mind so a severe beating is what I will feel even if it is light touch.

Where I come from, having the crap beaten out of you basically involves violent kicking, punching, and anything else that will bruise and injure you severely. It usually means the one administering it has no control over their temper.

Being "popped" with a riding crop is a totally different thing if it is done under calm and controlled conditions.

SHEESH!

Lurker
0 likes
Well like I said there is a lot of phycological stuff so it might actually be calm but it feels to me, the pup/sub, worse.
In other words it feels like she is beating the shit out of me even if she is simply touching areas of my body and describing what she is doing.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I, personally, think you're full of it.
Obviously being shamed out of the forums isn't possible because you'll just make a new account and start posting over and over again.
Troll... plain and simple. You're giving BDSM a bad name.

AND... IF I give you the benefit of the doubt that you are actually being truthful in here...
I'd like for you to go out, find a skeezy looking dive bar. Find the biggest, baddest thug in the place, with a girlfriend and ask her if she'd like to blow you.
When the big bastard "beats the shit out of you" you'll know the difference between that and what your "Mistress" does to you.
Lurker
0 likes
You can think what you want. I don't really care. Frankly I think you are just a cyberbully so whatever. Nope, I am not a troll so there.
Each puppy/sub and Mistress/Owner is different with different ways of dealing with situations. While I support the first ammendment I do not
support bullies. Nobody gives the lifestyle a bad name. Except for those who do not understand it or want to expose it to the outside world. Just b/c someone is so in tune/connected with their owner doesn't mean it doesn/t wont happen. Also go back and reread where I said she popped me with a riding crop for a minor infraction. Perhaps describing that as beating the shit out of me was a poor choice of words. So no, I didn't make up anything.
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by Beck
Perhaps describing that as beating the shit out of me was a poor choice of words.

It really, really was. I'm glad it was cleared up.

Lurker
0 likes
Me too. Thank u for responding ShyLass.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Don't worry about it Beck some people just have no idea how intense this type of relationship can be. Let your freak flag fly baby!
Bunny12

Bunny Rabbits cute and fuzzy they want to love you but they have razor sharp teeth - don't piss them off!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Bunny12
Don't worry about it Beck some people just have no idea how intense this type of relationship can be. Let your freak flag fly baby!

Thank you. Yeah, I'm not all that worked up about it. Lol. Yup on the freak flag.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Beck
You can think what you want. I don't really care. Frankly I think you are just a cyberbully so whatever. Nope, I am not a troll so there.
Each puppy/sub and Mistress/Owner is different with different ways of dealing with situations. While I support the first ammendment I do not
support bullies. Nobody gives the lifestyle a bad name. Except for those who do not understand it or want to expose it to the outside world. Just b/c someone is so in tune/connected with their owner doesn't mean it doesn/t wont happen. Also go back and reread where I said she popped me with a riding crop for a minor infraction. Perhaps describing that as beating the shit out of me was a poor choice of words. So no, I didn't make up anything.

your very poor choice of words started this back lash - perhaps you might want to think about how you present your relationship in a less harsh, more realistic light, rather then the way you did - in print, you presented a classic abusive relationship, and i, personally, take offense to it, as should your Mistress for painting her in such a light. of course, if that was your goal all along, than shame on you.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Bunny12

and some do, and were appalled by his discription of his relationship with his Mistress. beating the shit out of a sub is never a punishment option, no matter how intense the relationship.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
That was not my goal at all. Just me not thinking. I do apologize if I offended anyone. Was not my intent. From now on I will be aware of how I present my relationship. The fact is I got carried away and sometimes do not think how something sounds. I do love my Mistress and I know she cares for me. But we have gotten off track. The original question was about reading 50 Shades of Grey and if it is accepted/normal for a sub/pup to love his Mistress/Owner.