Female Profiles

last reply
36 replies
4.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
This may be silly...but does anyone else ever get the urge to message people or add them purely because you feel like they are shouting "do not add me" on there profile! I feel like its a challenge....though i rarely accept the challenge biggrin
Just curious smile
Lurker
0 likes
Yes I have felt like this! I like the ones that give you a load of rules to adhear to.
'You must not be boring'
'If you tell me I am lovely/gorgeous/sexy I will delete you'
'If you don't chat I will delete'
'If you do chat I will delete'
'If you creep me out I will block' and the like.

I always found it hard to respect authority and often want to be accepted just to break every rule.

There, I said it. It's been annoying me for a few days and it felt good to get it off my chest.
Lurker
0 likes
This was funny.
The Linebacker
0 likes
I'd like to send a special BULLSHIT graphic to those profiles that say Lesbian....No Men! Because it is common Lush knowledge that those profiles are really MEN pretending to be lesbian women. haha

Alpha Blonde
0 likes
My favourite are the ultra-bitchy profiles that put up the front of "don't you DARE compliment/chat/message me or think of me as some sex object to get you off!" and then their image gallery is filled with half-naked photos of themselves bent over serving up their ass or pussy for stranger's viewing pleasure.

I don't get it. Either you want that kind of attention or you don't.

I'm a female, I'm always on 'invisible mode' and I don't chat (this is on my profile too, but nicely worded), but there's no need to fill your profile with a flaming ALL-CAPS attitude rant, telling people to fuck-off just because they happened to stumble across your profile.

And if you're really that concerned about repelling potential friend-adds, why not go for a granny-avatar or a nice landscape wallpaper and keep the profile a little less 'sexually charged'.
Lurker
0 likes
Some profiles do end up getting ridiculous...but the reality is that, as females, we do get spammed by guys who clearly belong in the bin...not that little one under the sink, but the BIG one out the front. From which they'll get whisked away to landfill, which is clearly all they're ever going to be any use for.

As someone who is extremely selective about her friend's list etc I do think you're well within your right to have a to-the-point profile that states what is and isn't okay for you...but there is a middle ground...I expect people to read my bio before contacting me, and I don't enjoy receiving unsolicited friend requests. Especially when I clearly state that I am more than open to just having a chat (from there I then add people as I feel inclined to).

You can have your 'rules', for want of a better word, but there's no need to have a little shitfit about it on your profile. That said, I'm sure mine comes across as shitfitty to some...and it's definitely more toned down than it used to be, so goodness knows what people used to think of it/me!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I like the profiles that state "ABSOLUTELY NO MEN DO NOT ADD OR YOU'LL BE BLOCKED!!!!", but you can see their friends list and there are a couple guys. Kinda blows their entire bio out of the water and loses all credibility. If it had any to begin with. It's kinda like telling a car salesman, "we're only looking". Yea, they don't believe that shit either.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Lurker
0 likes
I agree with chef ... this was funny
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll
My favourite are the ultra-bitchy profiles that put up the front of "don't you DARE compliment/chat/message me or think of me as some sex object to get you off!" and then their image gallery is filled with half-naked photos of themselves bent over serving up their ass or pussy for stranger's viewing pleasure.

I'm a female, I'm always on 'invisible mode' and I don't chat (this is on my profile too, but nicely worded), but there's no need to fill your profile with a flaming ALL-CAPS attitude rant, telling people to fuck-off just because they happened to stumble across your profile.

And if you're really that concerned about repelling potential friend-adds, why not go for a granny-avatar or a nice landscape wallpaper and keep the profile a little less 'sexually charged'.

This is everything I wanted to say only it's been written wonderfully. Although, I have nothing against people who write in caps lock...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by SITTING

Although, I have nothing against people who write in caps lock...

Nor have I, because I won't get that close to them. smile
"There's only three tempos: slow, medium and fast. When you get between in the cracks, ain't nuthin' happenin'." Ben Webster
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well I haven't understood this either. To me it's allright to state your preference, but Jeez, why are we here? This is a social network. Some people come across like, ok I'm here but leave me the fuck alone, and I always wonder why they are here then. I don't accept lots of friend requests, those I do accept I am interested in getting to know more about, those I am not interested in I just click on deny, it isn't difficult or time consuming. If you are just here to read the stories you don't need a profile. I really don't understand the 'fear' some seem to have of being contacted.
If you ignore beauty, you will soon find yourself without it.................Frank Lloyd Wright

I always practice obedience, when it's in my best interest.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by joebackagain
This may be silly...but does anyone else ever get the urge to message people or add them purely because you feel like they are shouting "do not add me" on there profile! I feel like its a challenge....though i rarely accept the challenge biggrin
Just curious smile

*raising hand*

I think this might be me!!

When I first joined guys kept asking if I Skype or if I would give them my phone number of if I wouldn't mind sending/selling them my used panties. I started my neverending list of No's because of this. I figured if they read it in my profile (for those who bother reading) that I don't do those things, they won't waste my time or theirs. However, the list just keeps growing and I only add the more ludicrous suggestions now. Most people see the humor in it, but I am serious that they all really are NO's!

I'm OK with telling people what my boundaries are and if you don't like it then "do not add me."
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I agree with chef too.. this is funny.. please don't take offense because none is meant.. but when you post avatars like Dancing_Doll.. LittleBambi.. or Curlygirly.. I don't think there is any mystery as to why some guys will run right past the stop signs.. I think it's a fair assumption that most guys in here will look at the avatar first.. then MAYBE read the profile.. then look back at your avatar.. then look for pics or types of stories you may have written.. then back at your avatar.. then check out your friends list.. then back at your avatar.. and just like spermatazoa.. some will get through and some will be flushed.. it's the nature of what happens here on planet Lush..
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Warlock
I agree with chef too.. this is funny.. please don't take offense because none is meant.. but when you post avatars like Dancing_Doll.. LittleBambi.. or Curlygirly.. I don't think there is any mystery as to why some guys will run right past the stop signs.. I think it's a fair assumption that most guys in here will look at the avatar first.. then MAYBE read the profile.. then look back at your avatar.. then look for pics or types of stories you may have written.. then back at your avatar.. then check out your friends list.. then back at your avatar.. and just like spermatazoa.. some will get through and some will be flushed.. it's the nature of what happens here on planet Lush..

Honestly, none taken. If I was easily offended, I would've changed my AV long ago. I take it all with a grain of salt and a sense of humor. It's the nature of the site, and I can totally appreciate that. I'm not hostile about it. HOWEVER, I still am not going to play you show me yours and I'll show you mine.
Empress of the Moon
0 likes
I don't like adding guys who only post pictures of their cocks, even though I like to look at a nice cock. I prefer pictures of dicks attached to men though, the whole man if possible. The face can be hidden or turned away, or shot from the chin down, but the legs and chest and arms are sexy. It's not because I think the cock might not be theirs either. I really don't care if it is or not, but a person is more than a sex organ. I don't expect to find pictures of real people on Lush, but I think a person's image file is representative of how they perceive themselves, and if it's all cocks that's not a person I'm sure I want to know. I don't put any restrictions on who I'll add, because there are exceptions to every rule. I'll pretty much add anyone who doesn't treat me like a twat.

On the other hand, if a person has a lot of rules as to whom they'll add I figure they won't add me anyway so I don't bother trying.
[url]http://[/url]
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll

I'd have to agree on the all caps thing. Thats can be read in many different ways, the main one, being yelled at. Without really knowing the person why would one begin by yelling? Makes no sense to me however, I am not like 99.9% of the guys on here looking to get into the cyber realm of things. If I find a female profile interesting, I may send her a friends request or I may not. I have come across quite a few profiles as you mentioned, stating they are not interested in being a "sex object" yet have risque photos of themselves on their profile. Sends the wrong message and will attract what they are saying they do not want. Oh well it is what it is.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by T101

I have come across quite a few profiles as you mentioned, stating they are not interested in being a "sex object" yet have risque photos of themselves on their profile. Sends the wrong message and will attract what they are saying they do not want. Oh well it is what it is.

HAHA!! Face it girls, we all want to be a sex object in one way or another!

As for the original post, I dont really care if someone says "NO MEN" in their profile or anything else really. It is their choice. But I do take offense when they are nasty in the way they say it. If you have special rules that is fine, but why cant they be politely and respectfully stated. You are are asking for respect but you think it is OK not to show any. Cant have it both ways.

I have "special" requests in my profile but I think I have been respectful in how I asked. And if someone doesnt listen to my requests (yes, believe it or not it does happen, LOL), I will not come down on them, just ignore them.

For me, Lush is an escape from the everyday world and I want to have fun here. I am sure most lushies feel the same way. Dont let what others put in their profiles bother you. If you dont like it, just IGNORE it.
Lurker
0 likes
I am a lesbian but I don't hate men, in fact some of my longest and dearest friends on here are men but I am choosy on the men I do add as a friend. As for people who add restrictions to their profile, I either abide by their rules or just pass their profile altogether if I feel the restrictions are too much.
Lurker
0 likes
I welcome all friend requests,and when I do get annoying bozos , I take advantage of them and use them as my verbal punchbags just for the heck of it. =)

I don't think I have too many restrictions, just the usual "No cybering/video sex" etc..
Lurker
0 likes
NO
35% of the female profiles are men pretending to be lesbians. 35% of the profiles are women stating that they are lesbians, which leaves very few. +I don't sift through them.

I'm not into teaching newbie girls "the ropes" I prefer sophisticated, emotionally mature women. It's about quality, not quantity. If I add, i find something unique and interesting to me, in their profile, usually.
Candy Connoisseur
0 likes
Quote by lafayettemister
I like the profiles that state "ABSOLUTELY NO MEN DO NOT ADD OR YOU'LL BE BLOCKED!!!!", but you can see their friends list and there are a couple guys

I find this amusing myself.

I also state not to bother with friend requests. It doesn't stop people. Most are very polite about why they have requested it, and most I'm equally polite in my reply about my reasons for saying no. Some, I flat out ignore...not sure why. I dont roll like that usually..
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by lafayettemister
I like the profiles that state "ABSOLUTELY NO MEN DO NOT ADD OR YOU'LL BE BLOCKED!!!!", but you can see their friends list and there are a couple guys.

Or when the girl suddenly contacts you. Makes me wonder if she's either hypocritical or just haven't noticed that I'm a man, which I guess in itself is hypocritical because it means she expect others to read her profile but can't be arsed reading other's.

With all that said, I do understand that women get fed up with dudes constantly opening privates to ask if you can suck their dick. I have a gender neutral name and even I get a couple of those. So yeah, there's a lot of shit here, but there are lots of good guys as well on here. We're here just to kill time and have a laugh, so thinking that all guys have the agenda of getting their dick wet seems rather hypocritical.

Also seen a few "lesbians" sucking dick in a public chatroom. That was interesting.
Lurker
0 likes
I don't think I mind the random add as much as some people do. I mean if your going to put yourself out there and try to add my as a friend the kudos to you.

I usaully check to see if me and that person have anything in common or maybe some common friends if we do I may send a message.

Its just not all that hard to weed people out of the crowd!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If you don't want to be friends with people, chat, and basicly be socail.
I assume you use this site only to post stories you have written your self.
Thus you don't need to put any personal info in your profile.

no pictures, no names or ages and no bio. Just don't check most your mail or veiw your profile.

After all it isn't part of what you came here to do,
you have no need to bother with it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by lafayettemister
I like the profiles that state "ABSOLUTELY NO MEN DO NOT ADD OR YOU'LL BE BLOCKED!!!!", but you can see their friends list and there are a couple guys. Kinda blows their entire bio out of the water and loses all credibility. If it had any to begin with. It's kinda like telling a car salesman, "we're only looking". Yea, they don't believe that shit either.

Given the way so many men creep here, I am not surprised. Back when I first started on lush it wasn't even possible to block the notifications. That was one of the suggestions I gave Gav for the site.

But I am on a couple of friends lists of folk that I know are genuine lesbians who don't usually add men. That is because they know I am not going to pester them with pictures of some other guy's penis (yeah you really think those are really theirs?).
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yep, definitely an amusing thread. I tend to ignore anti-social profiles as I just want to have fun. It is ultimately their loss anyway.
"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
Lurker
0 likes
I decided to flip it around, and message myself.

I didn't answer,
what an @sshole, I am
Lurker
0 likes
I find myself looking at some female profiles on here and laughing at them as I think it shouts out FAKE FAKE FAKE!!! Sometimes though, I find myself thinking, please leave this site as you clearly have no understanding of what it means to us 'regular and normal' users.

I have seen profiles going on SO MUCH about being a lesbian and that all men are idiots (or stronger words) and that they will be ignored/deleted/reported etc etc. I think, ah didums, get back under your stone. One such profile said how she hated fake MEN, hence being lesbian and then, looking deeper into her profile, she was using pictures that I know are of a female soap actress on a beach, saying it is all her and true etc etc.

Now, I am straight, and obviously a male, but I don't feel the need to SCREAM on my profile saying no one other than females should contact me. This, I thought anyway, was a site for ALL people to enjoy the world of sex and erotica. Not a hook up site to get cheap thrills with the gender you find a turn on.

All I can say though is, that after over a year on here, I find it easy to turn a blind eye to these Johnny (or Jane) Come Latelys, looking for a cheap thrill, that their profile stands out so easily, I find it easy to laugh at their transparency and move on and enjoy the next story on here or a chat with a friend from Lush.
Rocker of the cocker
0 likes
Quote by hotswimmer

I didn't answer,
what an @sshole, I am

hahah nice
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by hotswimmer

I didn't answer,
what an @sshole, I am

Well, H-E-L-L-O @sshole. I'm Mr. Ass. Nice to F'n meet you.

Now let's see how far this goes before it gets executed.....