Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

What do you drink, if anything to give you energy?

last reply
35 replies
3.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
I have started a new job, and to be quite honest it is kicking my ass! I have ZERO engergy. I do not want to get addicted to the energy drinks, but I have bough Red Bull (love it, but it is spendy) and Rockstar (have not tried it yet). Any suggestions out there? What have you tried, that works? Is there an alternative to these energy drinks that you have tried and worked? Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
Lurker
0 likes
check out fit time nutrition, FX1 is great
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
PIXIE...NOTHING beats proper nutrition and adequate rest. When I was truck driving, I occasionally used a few of the "safe...over-the-counter" energy pills and/or drinks. Yes...I was "awake"...even "wired" slightly, but I soon realized that mental acuity was NOT up to par and what I really needed was a 1/2 hour nap. I even "O-D'd" a time or two on coffee & Red. Mtn. Dew...WRONG thing to do. Please be very careful with that stuff...check with your doctor.

Rick...retired now after 1.5 MILLION miles of 18 wheeler.
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
I have no intention of doing anything to harm myself. And I don't intend to use this stuff everyday. Just wanting an idea of what is out there, and what works.
♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
Lurker
0 likes
I'm definitely guilty of using Lucozade to get me through the last lecture of the day now and again..

Rookie Scribe
0 likes
RED LINE energy drink does it for me
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Sounds like you might need some vitamin B12 and Iron, Pixie.

To answer your question about what I drink to get energy...
unholy amounts of coffee. Strong coffee...strong enough to
carry me back to work. xD
Are you truly awake?
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Gatormade - Stay away from the other named stuff Pixie, it's too expensive for one thing and it contains other stuff that's not good for your teeth.

Likewise, the...uh, energy drinks - they're great for inducing more thirst, cardiac arrests, and major crashing fatigue on the drop side.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
Blech. Gatoraide.
Lurker
0 likes
It doesn't have a ton of caffeine but VitaminWater Energy, keeps me energized and focused throughout my morning!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Redbull Occasionally. Im not much of a caffeine drinker, so one of those and im flitting around like a butterfly...weeeeeeeeee LOL
Candy Connoisseur
0 likes
Coffee, energy drinks, none of that stuff has any effect on me, personally. I think I have had Redbull twice (not including Jager Bombs). Does SFA. Coffee does not really stimulate me either, its just part of my morning routine. Like someone said, you need a decent diet, and good rest. Vitamins sups are good as well. A B-multi (or B12) will help a great deal, but red meat, fish, eggs and dairy all contain it in its natural form. Dont rely of sugary drinks, they will make you feel worse once the sugar hit is gone. Its just a simple life style change. Eat right, get rest...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Pixie, if you can, I definitely recommend getting some bloodwork done. A cbc, iron, a complete thyroid panel...especially if you've had any kind of cold or flu recently. There are not only things like mono to consider, but also more serious issues like autoimmune problems, or endocrine issues. I just spent three years of my life feeling exactly like you might feel (severely tired, unable to concentrate, and had a host of other issues). Long story short, even on SEVENTY MILLIGRAMS OF ADDERALL A DAY, I couldn't concentrate, forgot many things, and would practically fall asleep (even while driving). I have a rare thyroid condition (I've had Hashimoto's disease my entire life, but a flu virus I contracted apparently triggered the condition I now have), but any number of problems that may show up in bloodwork. I spent three years in a virtual zombie state and I can't ever get those years back. For that reason, I try to spread information about the importance of complete thyroid panels. I hope it's not that, but mine struck out of the blue as well, so better safe than sorry. :/

Hope you feel better soon!

I'm a loner, Dottie. A Rebel...

Lurker
0 likes
It seems everyone is very concerned about your health but it did not seem from your question that you were chronically without energy. Also I assumed you were already getting enough sleep. The vitamins and supplements they offered will all help, but you were asking for a drink and without a doubt the FX system is the best. Its not sugar, caffine, or any of that stuff. Its a professional recovery drink used by Olympic skiers. Developed by a good friends dad who was an olympian and also a Dr, I really would suggest checking out fit time nutrition if you are already getting enough sleep and are just looking for a way to get the vitamins and free radical scavenging that is not normally associated with "energy" drinks
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
I am pretty sure I am getting enough sleep. It is just the job that tires me out. I was just wanting to get suggestions for a "boost" when needed. smile
Lurker
0 likes

Drink this on occassion.

I have drank the other water enhancers for the past couple of years. A Great Substitute for soda pop.
Clumeleon
0 likes
You'll think me a typical Scot but...

Works for me.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
You could try ginseng (natural) or hydroxycut (unnatural). The latter was best when it contained the now-banned ephedrine, but if you ask the guy at the counter at many vitamin stores, they usually have the original version stored in the back.

There's actually quite a kick in stuff like Tylenol for colds etc. in the pseudoephedrine content. My friend used to pop them every morning because they made her "feel good"... that combined with a moderate coffee intake and she was always wired.

If all else fails, try brewing your coffee with Red Bull.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Cocaine and Diet Soda!! OK, Just Kidding!!

Usually something with high sugar content and that will replace lost electrolytes.
Lurker
0 likes
I usually go for the the black coffee... maybe some dark chocolate.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by 1curiouscat
I usually go for the the black coffee... maybe some dark chocolate.

I like Fernando's answer best Pixie. Chocolate? Come on! This wins hands down!
Lurker
0 likes
I work a midnight shift and I use a product called ZipFizz. Sometimes I will mix in some whey protein as well. Great pick me up to get through the night without the crash of energy drinks. Good Luck!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll
You could try ginseng (natural) or hydroxycut (unnatural). The latter was best when it contained the now-banned ephedrine, but if you ask the guy at the counter at many vitamin stores, they usually have the original version stored in the back.

There's actually quite a kick in stuff like Tylenol for colds etc. in the pseudoephedrine content. My friend used to pop them every morning because they made her "feel good"... that combined with a moderate coffee intake and she was always wired.

If all else fails, try brewing your coffee with Red Bull.

I will give all of these a shot.

Are you truly awake?
Site administrator
0 likes
oooooooooooooo Lager !!
Lurker
0 likes
i drink redbull shots. they are redbull but a mini with a lot of an energy boost. it works for me but don't do it that often because it is not that healthy.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by Pixie
I am pretty sure I am getting enough sleep. It is just the job that tires me out. I was just wanting to get suggestions for a "boost" when needed. smile

Hell, in that case, try snorting a little Vitamin B12.
Just don't be seen doing it. The explanation might be a bit tricky.

The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

^ This, keeps me going through my tiring day and halfway into my night. PLUS it tastes good.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I know it may even sound gross, i don't even like the stuff but try a bottle of V8 juice..Some good old fashioned veggies happen to get me going sometimes, without all those chemicals and sugar!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Geezus03
I know it may even sound gross, i don't even like the stuff but try a bottle of V8 juice..Some good old fashioned veggies happen to get me going sometimes, without all those chemicals and sugar!

Are you kidding? V8 is delicious. Maybe try the fruit
and veggie blend instead of just veggies?
Are you truly awake?
Lurker
0 likes
I'm genuinely surprised that nobody has said jizz. But in all seriousness, I like a nice cup of tea but if that doesn't work, I go for a red bull, but not very often because too much caffeine tends to make me jumpy and oddly withdrawn. I'm not sure withdrawn is the right word, tired perhaps would be better.