Asking a girl out for a long distance relationship

last reply
26 replies
3.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Even though I think that the subject name speaks for its self, I'm in love with a girl but she lives several miles away form me and the only way I could see her is spending ages on a train. So this means I'm not sure if I should, because I dont know if long distance relationships can be good or not or healthy in the way you see each other etc. Any advice at all would be useful, as well as tips on how to ask a girl out.
Lurker
0 likes
You say several miles, when I think several I think like 7-10 which would be a short car trip I'm assuming you mean hundreds right? or even thousands? The reason I ask because shear distance does make a difference. If you live an hour or so by train you may be able to make it to each other once a month or so even just going half way to meet in a sleazy motel or something ;) However, if you live hours by plane that is another harder to accomplish story. My mom and stepmom worked a long distance relationship for 3 months before my mom and I moved to live with my step mom and they were across the country and still together today so it can work out healthily. I think if you know her personally (my mom and stepmom knew each other years earlier spent whole summers together) It can work, however, if you have never met her before A) are you sure she is not a guy and B) dude, there are plentyoffish.com out there. so to sum up, if you know her go for it, it can work even if there are many many miles between you. If you don't know her screw it, i am sorry you can find eharmony.com with other women i am sure of it.
Lurker
0 likes
I think that you just have to have real expectations of what you want from a relationship and what the other person wants.....

If you are a real touchy feely person or the other person is..and you crave to have someone hold you and kiss you then no I don't think a long distant relationship can work out if it will be very very rare that you will see the person unless you are making steps to move closer to them or vice versa

On the other side though if you all are secure that this is going to work and you are honest in your expectation I see no reason why love can't find a place for you two...its not natural to think that your soul mate is always on your back porch

Good Luck
Lurker
0 likes
If you both feel like it can work out and you both are strong enough to handle it, then go for it smile

It is hard, but i guess you need something to look forward too, if you are willing to move for her or she is willing to move for you, then I see no reason in not going down that path...

There will always be the issue of not being about to touch your partner or anything but it'll all be worth it in the end...

hope I've helped :)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thanks h=guys, been thinking about this for a while now and what you have all said has been great biggrin
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
hello for sex i have jumped a aero....wtf...go!
Lurker
0 likes
Go for it. You will regret it if you dont and if you do and it fails atleast you can said you tried and thats what matters at the end of the day
The Bee's Knees
0 likes
GO FOR IT!! darlin, in this day and age with all of the advances in technology, there is no reason why you shouldn't try. use this time apart to really get to know each other. then, when you are both ready, plan your first meeting and take it from there smile life is too short to wonder what if. good luck!!

Say. Her. Name.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
persistence and determination,,,,,irrevocable love by both..it can accomplish anything...and stand the test of a long distance relationship
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
well you don't know if you don't try..

my husband and I had a long distance relationship.. he lived in ky, usa and I lived in sydney, australia. we actually met on the internet and married 3 days after we first physically met.

if it doesn't work out then I guess it's not meant to be but at the same time it's hard work.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Dating a woman who is geographically undesirable is tough, but if it doesn't work out, it's a very good reason to end it when the time comes. If it's great, one of you will find a way to close the distance and your relationship will be stronger from having endured the strain.
My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
Lurker
0 likes
Isn't there an old Meatloaf song that says "I would do anything for love..."?
Velvet-Voiced Titillator
0 likes
If you give it a go, if it doesnt work out a least you know you gave it a shot. If you feel that strongly about each other the distance will not matter.
Innocent Puck Bunnii
0 likes
Sure, why not??? It's worth to try..Who knows might work out..
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thought it was relevant.

Had a dream I was king, I woke up still king!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
To me it seems the answer to your question is found in your first sentence: "I'm in love with a girl....."
If you are, really, in love with this girl, then the distance is not an obstacle as much as an oppurtunity to prove to her that you do love her.
She will appreciate your efforts, sacrifices, and determination.
She will not appreciate an 'I don't know if I should attutude.'
If you ignore beauty, you will soon find yourself without it.................Frank Lloyd Wright

I always practice obedience, when it's in my best interest.
Lurker
0 likes
I met someone on the internet smile a couple months later she asked me out and it's been 4 and a half months and we're still the happiest either of us has been.
Chuckanator
0 likes
Quote by Holty0101
Even though I think that the subject name speaks for its self, I'm in love with a girl but she lives several miles away form me and the only way I could see her is spending ages on a train. So this means I'm not sure if I should, because I dont know if long distance relationships can be good or not or healthy in the way you see each other etc. Any advice at all would be useful, as well as tips on how to ask a girl out.

Been there. It is difficult and takes a ton of trust. The saying absense makes the heart grow stronger is a crock. Unless there is a real good chance to cut the distance or find a way to be together it is difficult. To say the least.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Holty0101

Give it a whirl - there's only one way to find out. You may both have the aptitude to stick at something like that.

Personally though: eurgh, the effort! (I'm one lazy arse)
Princess Popsicle
0 likes
I say go for it. But you need to meet her before you ask her out!

My now husband and I lived 120 miles apart when we started dating and I used to see him once a week and in any holidays I got from uni too because we both made the effort to travel. He proposed after ten months and when I finished my studies I moved in with him and three weeks later we got married. Over a year on and we are both happier than ever.

My brother is dating a woman who lives 1100 miles away. They are in different countries, different time zones even. But they see each other every six weeks or so for about 4-7 days. They have been together for over a year (they actually met online the weekend of my wedding). She is going to move to England to finish her studies hopefully so that they can be together.

What I'm saying is that long distance can definitely work, but it can't work indefinitely. I strongly believe that if you guys get serious one of you will need to relocate. You can't have a marriage that works if you live hours away from one another... So, would you be will to leave home for this person? To leave your home, friends, family, job...? Cos that's what it will take.
If you like first time, bisexual or teen then please read this and help make it famous!

My First Time With a Girl
0 likes
Give it a go, as everyone else has said. Best case scenario, you end up a happily married (or whatever) couple. Worst case scenario, your affections for each other can't overcome the physical distance, and you end up going your separate ways. Either way, you need to try before just writing it off.
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!

Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Love conquers all, they say. I've known several instances where LDR's worked out beautifully, and others where they just fell apart eventually. Isn't it worth a shot, though? I've been in 2 LDR's. David and I lived in different towns for 5 years. We got together on weekends, and took trips together, until we were finally able to move in together. It worked! On the other hand, Nicole and I were in a relationship for years while she was in college. We'd live together in the summers, and during the school year, she lived thousands of miles away from me. It worked for almost 8 years, but we finally broke up when she met someone else at school, and fell in love with them. But those were 7 beautiful years we had together, so... GO for it!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have hade two LDR and not that successfully. I needed it more than he could provide it due to the distance so I found other sauces to satisfy the desire.
With onw we tried meeting half way and that was still two hours in the car. I had cum twice using a vibe etc by then. He saved it for me and it was good but just not often enough. As I could never be a one man woman I sought and found somebody closer. LDR is not for me.
As for pick up lines - the words have to suit the occasion. Wanna fuck has worked but there have been times he needed many words to accomplish the desire to take it further.
Classified
0 likes
Make sure you can shout loud!

Maybe write? But if she is next to you, turn around!

Sype.

Of all our inventions for mass communication,
pictures still speak the most universally understood language.

Walt Disney
Lurker
0 likes
I think a long distance relationship is hard... My daddy and I are in one,we are along ways away.. But we are making it work because we love each other. It all depends on how much you want that person. So YES if you love that person.. Go for it,you will regret it if you don't. Love you Daddy(Olderguy41)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
No it doesn't work. Mostly situation like this, men are weak.

Remember not to waste time, life and time is gold.
I could show you INCREDIBLE things...