Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

How physically aroused do you get when writing?

last reply
83 replies
12.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
0 likes
One of the things that makes it really hard (no pun intended, I assure you) to write a sex story is being extremely aroused. I think this is especially because the topics of the sex stories I write are passionate fantasies of mine or simply topics that I find sexually invigorating.

I'm a new writer to the erotica genre. I've been writing sex stories off and on since 2007-2008, but only in Word documents. I've not submitted a story yet, but I think I'm finally going to either tonight or tomorrow.

Back to the thread's question: Do you get aroused physically when you write sex scenes? Is it possible to avoid albeit the writer having a high sex drive? Is it necessary? Have you ever wrote an extremely dirty, fantastical story of yours where you didn't get physically aroused?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I get somewhat aroused when I write, half-hard and that warm tingling under my balls. Am right now, as I just posted as new story. I am planning to get together sexually later today with my lover. I will ask her to get her sketchpad and draw my balls & cock. I think that will help her with her warming.
Lurker
0 likes
Been here done that, now I just get twitchy at the thought of being romantic by someone who makes my heart beat fast and makes my facial cheeks glow!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I get totally aroused, thats why I write!
0 likes
I normally feel the same as the character I identify with...
Physically and emotionally.

But there was a similar question asked that you might find some insight.

Turned on by Your Own Stories
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think it's necessary in order to feel what the character feels,I just can't write without feeling
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I try not to it distracts me from the story
Lurker
0 likes
When I'm actually writing, not very. I'm concentrating on trying to make it sound good. But when I get the ideas, or think about it in detail, I do tend to get aroused. You obviously want to feel hot about the sex parts because otherwise no-one else will and you end up with a failure.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm more of a reader than a writer, but I'm (slowly but surely) working on a story now, and I'm constantly aroused. It's almost distracting, but I think it's beneficial to the story.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
When I'm fleshing out characters and doing descriptive stuff (in erotica mode) it is universally better if I am not aroused!

My standard method of writing intimate descriptive stuff or the actual meat of a sex scene is fast, with my cock jammed against the underside of the desk and grinding against it!

The best stuff comes (!) that way.

However, once I've calmed down, rereading, rewriting and improving upon what I banged out in the heat of having the horn is totally essential!
Lurker
0 likes
For me there is a slow burning erotic charge that builds up and seems to go on and on, rather than full arousal (although that happens as well). Having said that each story is different.
Lurker
0 likes
When writing the sex scenes in my stories I write about the sex that I like so yes I get turned on when writing it.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Yes, my panties are always soaked while writing sex scenes. It's hard to imagine this not happening, unless the scenes are quick and more conceptual in driving the plot... kind of like "erotique-lite"...

My stuff is pretty explicit and I take my time with the sex scenes, so I'm obviously very aroused. And, I write what turns me on. That always helps. smile
Weaver of Words
0 likes
The first things I wrote (not posted on here) had me so turned on, I could do little to relieve it despite repeated attempts. Though I still get aroused to varying degrees depending on the story, it does still occur.
Lurker
0 likes
Yeah, if I don't find it arousing, I don't write it. 99% of my stories are written for me alone, so it makes sense I guess.

The only thing, that is a problem with that, is writing down your thoughts, when the eroticism of the story takes you over. I find that I miss a bunch of stuff, and it is less well written. I have to go back and edit, when I am less aroused ;)
Lurker
0 likes
Omg! Extremely aroused. If you don't then what good is your story?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I wish I could say I do...I really don't. I think it's like any time I'm trying to create something (i.e. sewing, building, painting, etc.). I am so caught up in getting it right that by the time I get it done, I rarely even get to enjoy the finished product lol. But I write for other people's enjoyment, so I don't think that's such a bad thing.

I'm a loner, Dottie. A Rebel...

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I get aroused when I write and I write to get aroused. By biggest issue with getting aroused is that the story sometimes goes off at a tangent and the participants in the story get way more perverted than I originally intended when I got the idea. I often have to cut portions of sex out of the story when I edit it and save the snippets for the sequel!

BB
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I definitely get aroused, anywhere from "nice erotic charge" to "can't help but touch myself" (if I have to finish the story later to take care of things, so be it)...my stories start as fantasies I've had, so it only makes sense that writing them out would turn me on. I feel like if I'm getting hot while writing it I'm on the right track.
Lurker
0 likes
Sometimes I do, other times not. More so when writing stories that have some true confessions in them.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I need to be very aroused to start with, but as I write I tend to start concentrating on spelling, grammar and if it actually makes any sense...so the feeling fades....then I start to struggle for inspiration, so I find a friend to chat to and the cycle starts again!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have been writing and I've become very aroused and jerked off to my own work before.... So very yes
0 likes
I usually start writing from a fantasy that aroused me and that I got off to. However, when I actually write it, I don't necessarily get as aroused unless I start going in new directions with the story. Novelty seems to be part of what arouses me and a fantasy that's already aroused me to orgasm won't necessarily do it again even if/when I write it.
The Right Rev of Lush
0 likes
Do I get turned on while writing? It all depends on whose body I'm writing on. ;)

RUMPLATIONS: AwesomeHonky Tonk and Cyber Bar
Home of the Lush "IN" crowd: indecent, intoxicated, and insolvent
a place to gossip, share news, talk sports, pimp a story, piss & moan, or just grab a drink. Check it out.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords. -- ROBERT HEINLEIN
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I do. If I don't find it arousing while writing it, why should I expect others to become aroused while reading it? That's just my thoughts on it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Oh yeah, no question. I'll proof read it a couple extra times just to keep the heat flowing.
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set her free." -Michelangelo

Please Enjoy: The Beach, The Workout, The Hike
The Linebacker
0 likes
I do get aroused when writing a sex scene. I especially get aroused when writing about one that I really experienced and the images of my memory are flashing in my mind.
Lurker
0 likes
Mmmm! OMG. . .I get aroused something fierce when I'm writing erotica. Hell, just recently when I got done writing a steamy tale I took my impassioned state to my fiancé (much to her liking). As for writing anything extremely dirty, I don't think I've taken a story to an extreme.