No excuses for "UNDERAGE" CHAT = Instant Ban and Reported to the Authorities

last reply
11 replies
3.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Matriarch
0 likes
I received a chat log this morning which made me sick to my stomach.

I will not divulge the contents, but needless to say, the member is now banned, and I've sent their IP address, email and anything else we have on them, to the authorities.

We have the right to protect our site from these sick people.

There are no excuses.

- "We were just role playing" - NO EXCUSE

- "I was drunk, and we were having a laugh" - NO EXCUSE

- "I suspected the member was a ped* and wanted to expose them" - NO EXCUSE, You are not a law enforcement agent

Our policy is very clear on the subject, as laid down in our terms and conditions:

• I agree not to discuss or make mention of the subjects: incest, , sex with underage people, child abuse, dangerous sexual acts, drugging, suicide or bestiality, either in the forums, chat rooms, messaging, comment areas or in member profiles.

Anyone caught discussing these subjects in the chat rooms, or anywhere else on our site for that matter, will be met with an instant ban, and all their details will be reported to the relevant authorities in the country they reside.

This is a serious issue, and we do not treat it lightly.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Nodding, thank you Nicola for bringing this to our attention.

This is not what we want lush to be known for and it's always good to get people like that away from the site as they muck up the scene, but we need to learn from this that there are other ways to handle the situation.

If any members have an issue they can go to the Help tab and contact us section and copy and paste the chat log to any chat moderator and the situation will be handled appropriately.

Please Do not continue when you can see the chat is very much against site rules, as you may be subjected to the same punishment.

Just my thoughts I guess... cheers and happy Lushing A/all
No one can make you jealous, angry, vengeful, or greedy -unless you let him.
- Napoleon Hill
Matriarch
0 likes
It's more a case of it being an imprisonable offence, and we do everything in our powers to help the authorities track down and catch these people.

In the UK, you can be arrested under the obscene publications act for writing such disgustus.

Only last year, chat screen evidence we gave to the Police helped convict someone who was briefly a member here. We had already banned that person, but kept their IP, username, email address and some screenshots, as evidence to protect ourselves.

I hope they are enjoying their time discussing their crimes with fellow inmates...
Constant Gardener
0 likes
I love when you type like that. You urge me to expand my vocabulary!
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I love the Lush Team :bow: thank you ..thank you THANK YOU!!!

'..May the Lord watch between you and me when we are absent from one another..' Gen31:49 😇

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by nicola
I received a chat log this morning which made me sick to my stomach.

- "I suspected the member was a ped* and wanted to expose them" - NO EXCUSE, You are not a law enforcement agent
This is something that really upsets Law Enforcement. I have been on the net and managed enough systems that I have had more than a few causes to refer a matter to law enforcement.

Almost every perp will try to claim that there was some justification for their activities. They will DDoS an entire site and then try to claim that they were only trying to stop some group of (insert favorite bad guys here).

Another big problem is that amateurs often get in the way of genuine intelligence and LE efforts. Imagine that you are wanting to get intelligence on Al Qaeda. The place you are likely to go look for it is the jihaddi chat sites. Getting an agent tunnelled into one of those sites takes a huge investment in time and effort. Now imagine that after you have done all that the chat room disappears because some vigilante decides to take it off the net.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have a question related to the suicide part - what happens if someone's threatening to do it in the chat?
Teased and Tormented -My very first story and competition entry is now up!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by MoonlightSerenity
I have a question related to the suicide part - what happens if someone's threatening to do it in the chat?

In reality threats of suicide almost never result in a serious attempt at taking a life. That said any threat of self harm must be taken seriously. However I don't think anyone here is qualified to safely talk someone down from a heightened state of anxiety. If these people honestly feel they have no one else to talk to steer them in the direction of the Samaritans (in the UK) and stop the conversation as soon as you can.

It may seem that you're abandoning them - you're not - you're giving them the tools to stop. They want to stop themselves, if they didn't they'd already be dead. DO NOT TRY AND TALK THEM OUT OF IT.

In the UK, Samaritans:
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow

In reality threats of suicide almost never result in a serious attempt at taking a life. That said any threat of self harm must be taken seriously. However I don't think anyone here is qualified to safely talk someone down from a heightened state of anxiety. If these people honestly feel they have no one else to talk to steer them in the direction of the Samaritans (in the UK) and stop the conversation as soon as you can.

It may seem that you're abandoning them - you're not - you're giving them the tools to stop. They want to stop themselves, if they didn't they'd already be dead. DO NOT TRY AND TALK THEM OUT OF IT.

In the UK, Samaritans:

Good reply, sir.

I have had many what I call "suicide watch" chats with friends or friends of friends, either on the internet, on phone, or via text.

Somebody who really wants to do it, will do it. Trust me. I know.

Most of the time, people are just lonely, need the attention, have got themselves hyped up, or are on something or drunk. There is nothing you can do - they take responsibility for their own life.

Recently, a distant friend of mine posted on Facebook that he was taking his sleeping pills, and wished us goodbye. He wouldn't answer his phone to us. Only one was close enough to get round there, and he was not aware of what was happening. A mutual friend phoned the coppers (he was 400 miles away), and they sent some round to the house where he lived, and an ambulance was called.

This is extremely rare, and the man in question is a little better. If you know where a person lives, and know them well, you will be able to choose what to do better. Often people like that in my life just want me to listen, or provide them with a sense of self-worth, and prove that somebody cares. But it can be a cycle with some of them, so I have to keep my distance with some.

Generally, people either want the attention (such as the lass who told me her little sister had stopped breathing, but she didn't want to call the authorities in case it was a false alarm, and she'd managed to revive her!?), and giving it to them makes it worse, as they play up for it. Other people literally need just a friend to hear them and listen to them.

But you are NOT responsible for their choices or their actions, and you cannot change the mind of somebody who knows what they want to do. Like overmykneenow says you can give them tools to deal with the issues, and you can be their friend, but you are NOT responsible for what they choose to do, nor will becoming dragged under help either of you.

Have some bookmarks ready so that you can access them easily if it happens again. Post them the links, and tell them you hope they take up the opportunity to seek the help they are asking for. Good luck!
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by nicola
Our policy is very clear on the subject, as laid down in our terms and conditions:

• I agree not to discuss or make mention of the subjects: incest, , sex with underage people, child abuse, dangerous sexual acts, drugging, suicide or bestiality, either in the forums, chat rooms, messaging, comment areas or in member profiles.

Anyone caught discussing these subjects in the chat rooms, or anywhere else on our site for that matter, will be met with an instant ban, and all their details will be reported to the relevant authorities in the country they reside.

If I may do an aside...

I have been away for a while again only to come back to see Lush has once again added the incest fantasy section for stories as well as adding teen as an option. One such teen recent story had two underage lesbians (16 year olds) trick a 19 year old girl into being their bondge playmate. A.K.A. the younger teens the older girl, then left the 19 year old for the parents to discover, who then at the story's end proceed to have their way with the 19 year old too.

So here's the problem... It is a significant double standard to allow any story to be published about any form of incest (step siblings or blood relatives) or underage, only to say such will not be tolerated in any chat area. Unless there has been a revision of the terms of service to allow such talk across any section of Lush, then I must strongly state all stories about incest/underage must be removed from the site as well.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by MissKat76

If I may do an aside...

I have been away for a while again only to come back to see Lush has once again added the incest fantasy section for stories as well as adding teen as an option. One such teen recent story had two underage lesbians (16 year olds) trick a 19 year old girl into being their bondge playmate. A.K.A. the younger teens the older girl, then left the 19 year old for the parents to discover, who then at the story's end proceed to have their way with the 19 year old too.

So here's the problem... It is a significant double standard to allow any story to be published about any form of incest (step siblings or blood relatives) or underage, only to say such will not be tolerated in any chat area. Unless there has been a revision of the terms of service to allow such talk across any section of Lush, then I must strongly state all stories about incest/underage must be removed from the site as well.

In many places(but not all) 16 is legal. The owner of this site is in the UK, and goes by their laws. In most US States the age is 18, but some it's 16.

18 is still teen.

As someone who writes, and enjoys the taboo nature of incest fantasies (no desire to live out the fantasy), in my opinion I think the issue is

Chat rooms are public spaces and playing out those fantasies is disturbing to others. So nothing that would upset large numbers of people is allowed.

The stories are seperated by category, and no one is forced to read an incest story. They have to search them out.

Personally gay male stories are not my thing. I don't read those stories but don't feel the need to ban them. I don't go i to chats or threads about gay male either.

Again this is my opinion. I have no idea if this is accurate or not.
0 likes
Quote by Bigbaddaddie

Chat rooms are public spaces and playing out those fantasies is disturbing to others. So nothing that would upset large numbers of people is allowed.

The stories are seperated by category, and no one is forced to read an incest story. They have to search them out.

Personally gay male stories are not my thing. I don't read those stories but don't feel the need to ban them. I don't go i to chats or threads about gay male either.

Again this is my opinion. I have no idea if this is accurate or not.

You're bang on (I'm not staff but was a story mod for a time years ago and have been part of these discussions before). In fact, if you check Settings, Lush allows you to hide categories that you're not interested in or are offended by whereas in chat and on the forums, you can't easily hide such things.