Met someone famous?

last reply
64 replies
9.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Have you met or almost met (even seen) someone famous?
Had a dream I was king, I woke up still king!!
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
yep! more then once, too. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Does politian counts?

If so, I've met current US embassador in China, former Washington State governer Gary Locke a few times.

I live in Seattle and he seems to be in Seattle quite often. He's quite low-profile person. Once after I watched 'Mama Mia' in paramount theater, I found he and his wife was walking behind me just like any other audience. The other time I met him in a waiting line at a Starbucks.

Oh, and I've seen Bill Gates a few times, he's quite a shy ordinary guy if you meet him off public.
Welcome to visit my tumblr page at http://HK4167.tumblr.com for erotic arts. Or http://slice-of-moment.tumblr.com for non-erotic arts.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Dave Navarro - the window rolled down on the hummer limo and he asked me and my girlfriend if we wanted to 'party with them' for night as we were walking by on the street. I had a BF at the time and I knew it would end up sleazy, so we declined that offer. lol

Have been at private parties with or briefly chatted with:
Jude Law, J.Timberlake, Jessica Biel, Ryan Gosling, Ethan Hawke, Clive Owen, Mickey Rourke, the little guy who played Mini-Me in Austin Powers, Courtney Cox and David Arquette, the Backstreet Boys, Staind, Charlize Theron, Stewart Townsend, Heath Ledger.

Saw Hugh Jackman and Daniel Craig very up close in a Broadway production in NYC.

And I hung out with Jason Bateman for about an hour, while not realizing who he was because he was bundled up in a toque/scarf - only found out who he was towards the end... GREAT guy by the way and total class-act. I hold him in highest regard.

And add a couple of sports athletes and UFC stars to the list as well.

Most of this has been the result of film festival parties, industry events and getting invited to hotel after-parties or VIP rooms at bars/clubs.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
That is impressive Doll smile

I meet a tv host once and she shook my hand. A tv host that used to do preschool programs.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I was in the Gallleria in Houston one time. Was walking into a store just as The American Dream Dusty Rhodes was walking out. I was about 14 and in awe. He stopped and shook my hand (I felt like the 98lb weakling in cartoons who gets his hand crushed by the bully) and talked to me for a few minutes. It was pretty damn cool! lol

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
jim furyk parked in my front yard during a Masters tournament one year. we got to drive him into the Players gate at Augusta National...

p.s. thats super cool for golf fans...just sayin ;)
littlemissbitch ~ professional face ripper offer, at your service..
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
How can we compete with Doll now...

I've mostly met hockey players, while working on a golf course. Yep, hall of famers call me "Mister" and apologize when they get in my way. For canadians here who would care, the hall of famers were Patrick Roy and Raymond Bourque. But I've frequently come across regular NHLers like Simon Gagné, Alex Tanguay, Philippe Boucher and Donald Brashear.

And I've met golfers Padraig Harrington, Geoff Ogilvy, Mike Weir, Ian Poulter, Sergio Garcia and Fred Couples.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Oh... many people like singer/harpist Loreena McKennitt. I met her when I was with a friend, in a small coffee shop in a middle-of-nowhere village in Tuscany, where she currently lives. We chatted for a bit, and were probably the only two canadians within a 50 km radius.
Lurker
0 likes
Have had the opportunity many times, and must say have yet to meet one that is not a real person, so far! All my encounters have been during their opportunities to relax or be themselves!
Lurker
0 likes
Yep i once met tim bendzko a German singer at a meet and greet and i was completely star struck at first as i was a huge fan of him and his music so getting the chance to talk to him felt like such an honor and this was before he became a super big hit over here but i felt honored anyways even if it was only for a few minutes as i was such a fan girl back then it was such an amazing honor to have met him and i wish i could have gotten the chance to talk to him longer.

I've also once seen one of the cast members for a German police show that was amazing as well but a lot more hectic as there were a few hundred people around me.

And i once was lucky enough to get vip tickets for Deadmau5 at Columbia Halle in Berlin 2011 it was a concert and i had gotten Vip tickets from a friend so i got to go in the vip area and give him a hug and get my ipod signed by him.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
al pacino last night
Lurker
0 likes
I have met Jodie Mash once in a club,she is so cool.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
lets see 'celebrities' - not really worth mentioning and no one as impressive as the ones on DD's list smile but have seen vanessa amorosi - strutting the streets of syndey like she owed the city while her minder scuttled after her carrying 2 arm loads of shopping bags.. chris masten (west coast eagles footballer), dermot bereton, warwick capper LOL, they're not anybody special just a couple of ex-footy players & tv presenters…, a couple of Wildcats basketballers, a news reader .. haha
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've had the great privilege of meeting quite a few famous people.
From hockey players to musicians to actors and actresses. All due to working in restaurants, bars and hotels and helping promote bands.

A few times I didn't recognize them until someone pointed it out. One time, I was told that I was serving (who I thought was a bunch of good looking, well-toned guys) the Senators Hockey Team.
Being an avid Leafs Fan and having the Leafs logo decorating the side of my vehicle just outside the window, I was kind of embarrassed when one of the guys asked me who drove it.
They all had a good laugh about when said I did and mentioned that I would of recognized them if they wore the blue and white jersey instead. Good group of guys. Very polite, they ate like fiends and tipped well. I served them quite a few times after that and even collected a couple of phone numbers. (I should've called)

Another time, I had a good friend that travelled alot and always seemed to have some sort of promotional thing going on. Anytime he was in Canada he'd call and try and weasel a dinner invite. Not that I minded. He always brought great bottle of wine with him and some great stories.
This time he said he had a friend with him and could he tag along. He was in town looking for filming locales - he was a promoter/consultant so this wasn't unusual to hear.
They made it in time for dinner and the gent he had with him looked vaguely familiar but I chalked it up as someone I'd seen with him before. Introducing himself as Matt, we all sat down for our typical Sunday dinner - Roast Beast.
Matt Dillon helped me wash dishes that night. And thats probably the coolest story I've ever had to tell.
Lurker
0 likes
I met 2Pac twice in Harlem. He was a cool dude! (1994)
I met Queen Latifah in front of my friend’s building. She is a sweetheart! (1995)
I saw Lauryn Hill, Busta Rhymes, Kid Capri, and The Lox on the set of “We’ll Always Love Big Poppa” video. (1997)
I saw rapper Ma$e in Blimpie on 125th Street in Harlem. (1998)
I met Eve in front of the Apollo Theater. She is BAD! (1999)
I met Puff Daddy at Rucker Park. He gave me a Bad Boy T-shirt. (2000)
I saw Jay-Z and Beyoncé in midtown Manhattan getting inside their black Rolls Royce Phantom. (2005)

I also saw Robin Givens, DJ Clue, Tyson Beckford, Nick Ashford, George Wallace, Black Rob, Lynn Whitfield, Donald Trump, Al Sharpton, Paris Hilton, Mayor Bloomberg, Spike Lee, Rudy Giuliani, Doug E. Fresh, Juelz Santana, Mike Tyson, John Gotti, and a few others. New York baby!!!
Lurker
0 likes
I met KT Tunstall and got my picture taken with her. It was probably the happiest I'd ever been (sad as that may seem, but she's one of my heroes). Not sure if this one counts because they're not massively famous (yet, but they will be) but I'm friends with most of the members of Psyko Dalek.
Lurker
0 likes
Every time I look in the mirror !
Lurker
0 likes
I've met: Dave and Bruce Tango and Steve Gonsalves from Ghost Hunters; Andrew Rothenberg and Keisha Tillis from The Walking Dead; Ernie Hudson from Ghostbusters.

And in 2 weeks from this sunday I get to meet: Anthony Michael Hall, Michael Rooker, Irone Singleton, and a lot more
Lurker
0 likes
i used to work in the foodhall of a huge department store in central london called Selfriges. they had many famous people coming in. met a few famous people.

Amy Winehouse.
Sacha Baron Cohen
David and Victoria Beckham
Lurker
0 likes
I meet lots of authors, the most famous probably being Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett, and George R.R.Martin. My heroes are the Apollo astronauts. I've met Alan Shepard, Jim Lovell, Tom Stafford, Buzz Aldrin, and Pete Conrad. Alan, Buzz and Pete are three out of the twelve men who have walked on the moon. Terry Jones, of Monty Python, was a pleasure to meet as well. One of my favorites was Chuck Jones, my personal favorite of the Warner Bros. cartoon directors.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Besides the usual admirals, dignitaries and high elected officials seen by most military musicians, I can only think of a few:
Following his appearance as guest conductor of a concert band in 1976, Arthur Feidler invited me to audition for the utility flute/piccolo chair with the Boston SYmphony. (I was never more than a slightly above average flute player, but at the time, I was darned good on piccolo - I am still not too shabby on it)
About fifteen years ago, I spent an enjoyable evening with "Boots" Randolph, at his home. playing sax, and yakking about music.
There have been a slew of other well-known and lesser-known musicians with whom I have bumped elbows on occasion.
"There's only three tempos: slow, medium and fast. When you get between in the cracks, ain't nuthin' happenin'." Ben Webster
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Depends what you call famous... I have met people that work in my field of expertise, and to me thats more exciting than meeting some "celebrity"

But i have also met James Marsters (Spike from Buffy)
Joe Pantoliano
Adolfo Cambiaso silly
Oh and the Queen

Ice cream + Candy = Yummy
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
So jealous of DD meeting my favorite group, the Backstreet Boys.

Met Oprah at 10 while she produced a local made-for-tv movie.

My friend and I met Nicolas Cage while he was filming a movie here in Chicago, and the director of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies Gore Verbinski.

my little sister met Brian Urlacker and other former Chicago Bears football players.

www.szadvntures.com

Latest story:

• TBD

• Bump in the Night-Microfiction

• Smoke Break-Interracial

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Through my job in the military I got to meet various highly placed, and in most cases respected, people from all walks of life. This included members
of the Royal Family, highly placed military, and various sports and recreational stars.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Jeremy Roenick while flying back from Vegas - very nice and personable.
Dick Butkus in Vegas - super friendly and down to earth
Bo Bice - x3. Super super nice guy, sexy as hell and flirty too lol; always takes time to talk to me
Scott Bakula - fantastically friendly
Neil Diamond - deep and smoldering eyes and sexy voice
President Bush (former and later)
a few others I can't remember right now
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes, Callisto!!!

And to name a few :-

Nelson Mandela
FW De Klerk
HRH The Queen
Robbie Alomar
Nick Price
David Frost
Greg Norman
Joel Stransky
Freddy Mercury
And Miss RSA Lorna Potgieter
0 likes
Being Canadian it's pretty much a given that I will meet a good number of hockey players / coaches.

Ales Hemsky
Sean Horcoff
Gorges Laraque
Joffrey Lupul
Tommy Salo
Curtis Joseph
Craig McTavish
Grant Fuhr
Mark Messier
Jari Kurry
Mike Babcock
Oh yeah and a decent player in the form of Wayne Gretzky

I have also had the pleasure of meeting:

Cuba Gooding Jr. - Partied with him in Vegas one night..Unforgettable!
Harry Connick Jr (Amazing guy!!!)
Jason Mraz
Lenny Kravitz
Alec Baldwin
My favorite - Sir Anthony Hopkins, such a gentleman. Very soft spoken and humble. He was an easy person to talk with.
The night that changed my life, a four part series of a married man lusting after his co-worker

[URL=http://www.lushstories.com/stories/reluctance/the-night-that-changed-my-life-1.aspx][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/WPPsy.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've met lots of Heavy Metal bands

Testament
Megadeth
Overkill
Mastodon(Brann the drummer is a friend)
A whole lot of others
Never take life seriously.Nobody gets out alive anyway.
Go Cardinals 2011 World champs/IH8DCUBS
Mary Rebecca H---------2/4/52 -8/20/09 You'll always be missed
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I got to work with Seth Macfarlane once. The man's singing voice is as smooth as butter.

Now if I can just meet Joe Manganiello in real life...