0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
i Usually call it pop
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
soda!
littlemissbitch ~ professional face ripper offer, at your service..
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Coke. It's a common joke around these parts.

Friend A "Hey man, wanna a Coke?"
Friend B "Yea, thanks."
Friend A "What kind?"
Friend B "Dr. Pepper."
Friend A "Ok"

edit... .it's like years ago when people would "Xerox" paper. anything that was copied on any brand of copy machine was considered "Xeroxing". Also, we use the word "Kleenex" for any kind of facial tissue.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Mostly by the name. However if it's Dr. Pepper I call it what my dad always used to, Dr. Pecker.
Lurker
0 likes
I'd usually say carbonated beverage...

Nah, I'd probably say fizzy juice, or a can of juice... or just call it by it's name, Irn Bru, or whatever...

In Scotland, we quite often refer to such drinks as "ginger", presumably ginger beer was the reason?
Lurker
0 likes
I call it soda, but it depends on where I go, if I go to my great uncle's house I call it soda pop, if I'm with my cousin who is from Boston I call it pop.
Lurker
0 likes
I just call it by its name or fizzy drinks for a more general term.. I hate when people call stuff Coke that isnt Coke, i.e. Dr Pepper... its completely different to Coke!
Lurker
0 likes
I call them by name, too. When we drink soft drinks, I drink Dr. Pepper and he drinks Mtn Dew. Although, the hubby does shorten it on occassion and asks if I would like a DP. Hahaha! I have to giggle when he says that!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by MMonroe
I just call it by its name or fizzy drinks for a more general term.. I hate when people call stuff Coke that isnt Coke, i.e. Dr Pepper... its completely different to Coke!

Copy that.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I call it soda. I dont mind people calling it pop, but hate soda pop, LOL

The word Coke should only be used for Coca-Cola, well at least when talking about soda,LOL
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Soda.

Lots of people where I live have this exchange, which drives me nuts:

"You want a Coke?"

"Yes, that would be great."

"Okay, what kind?"

grrr!
The Linebacker
0 likes
I'm from Atlanta — every carbonated drink is a COKE of some kind.quyeVasyO2gPawDq
The Linebacker
0 likes
Quote by LadyX
Soda.

"You want a Coke?"

"Okay, what kind?"

grrr!

That's the way we talk in the south. I say that too.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by LadyX
Soda.

"You want a Coke?"

"Okay, what kind?"

grrr!

In Brasil as well! same thing
Lurker
0 likes
Pop - Chicago area
Lurker
0 likes
I am from New York and I call it by its brand...I often hear soda or soft drink.
Lurker
0 likes
i grew up in NY where we called it what ever brand, moved to indiana where we call it pop or coke
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I call it fizzy...because it is!
This post comes to you from the original and highly disorganised mind of mine...be scared, I certainly am, lol
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Where I'm from on the east coast USA we called it Soda or Soda Pop then I moved a few states west and if I asked for a soda I'd get soda water lol it's Pop here all the way.
Bunny12

Bunny Rabbits cute and fuzzy they want to love you but they have razor sharp teeth - don't piss them off!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i live in boston mass and we call it tonic .
Lurker
0 likes
just soda, whether it is coke, pepsi, sundrop. or my favorite, tequila
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Mazza
I'd usually say carbonated beverage...

Nah, I'd probably say fizzy juice, or a can of juice... or just call it by it's name, Irn Bru, or whatever...

In Scotland, we quite often refer to such drinks as "ginger", presumably ginger beer was the reason?

I agree - can of juice. One of my mates sometimes refers to cans as tins through. I think thats a borders thing; not so much west of scotland.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm in Australia, I call it soft drink.
Lurker
0 likes
Over Here in Germany we call it By whatever brand it is I.e Coca cola would be Cola here.
Lurker
0 likes
Been calling it soda since I've been drinking it :P