3.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Matriarch
0 likes
And so it begins...
Matriarch
0 likes
This is a mind dump thread. Post anything you have on your mind, about any subject at all. Good place to get your thread count up
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Do we win a prize for more posts?

I'm thinking of quitting my office job. It's totally unstimulating, and I need a fresh challenge. Ho hum, what to do next....
Matriarch
0 likes
I'm up to 100 posts

Cunningstunt - I've always left jobs sooner rather than later - when they start making you deeply miserable, it's time to get the heck out of there. At the same time, if you have financial commitments and nothing lined up, don't be too quick to jump ship!

Yours sincerely,

Agony Aunt Lush
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Not a very long thread after all....
"I can resist everything except temptation." - Oscar Wilde
Lurker
0 likes
Hi Charley.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Holy Crap! 100 posts? You WIN, Nicola...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I’m in pain… My friend recommended that I go to her favorite nail place she claimed “he” was great, and I did like her nails.

He is NOT great, he is a butcher! M nails feel like they’re gonna fall off with my original nails, and I’m finding it difficult to do even the simple lest things; I guess my mom was right “Lo barato sale caro.”
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by WickedShads
Not a very long thread after all....

Way to raise the dead, dude. Mind you, at time of writing, 355 views and 7 replies meant I had to poke my nose in.

So, will the beastie thread survive this time?
"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by LushPrincess
I’m in pain… My friend recommended that I go to her favorite nail place she claimed “he” was great, and I did like her nails.

He is NOT great, he is a butcher! M nails feel like they’re gonna fall off with my original nails, and I’m finding it difficult to do even the simple lest things; I guess my mom was right “Lo barato sale caro.”

Hard to top that one, I must say.

I can't get over being hit on by a man today who is half my age. It wasn't a flattering experience, either, since it was rather sleazy.
Lurker
0 likes
What are the warning signs or red flags that would/should make someone suspect drug dealing?
Lurker
0 likes
I would ask chef if you truly mean 'dealing' or do you mean 'using'? The former can be classified (in some ways) with an obsession with the weather... (think of a farmer) while the latter can be classified with an obsession over where certain people are... "I can't get in touch with Joe Blow and he NEVER misses MY calls".

Of course there are other ways to know, but they are mostly dependent on which drug/s you suspect.

Ling
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
1. Having large amounts on money [without a job.]
2. Lots of $20.00 and $10.00 dollar bills…
3. Lying about where he/she gets the money…
4. Always being out and about or different people coming and going.

I don’t know those are a few…
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by gypsymoth

I can't get over being hit on by a man today who is half my age. It wasn't a flattering experience, either, since it was rather sleazy.

Thought the 'flattered' part came from the fact that they even hit on you, not from the delivery of the proposal. After all, and certainly at my age, you tend to have heard all the lines before. Right?

Take solace from the fact that you are obviously still 'hottie' material.
"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by LushPrincess
1. Having large amounts on money [without a job.]
2. Lots of $20.00 and $10.00 dollar bills…
3. Lying about where he/she gets the money…
4. Always being out and about or different people coming and going.

I don’t know those are a few…

Dealers do all of the above and/or suddenly want to shower people with extravagant gifts as a way to launder the cash. Users tend to suddenly need to constantly 'borrow' and never repay or, worse case, start to pilfer & steal. Any heirlooms go missing recently.

As for changes in character, they are akin to the furtive shenanigans of someone whom you suspect of 'cheating' on you. Mind-set is very similar.

Lurker
0 likes
My SO swears that the kid next door, (19ish) is dealing. Mind you the only training SO had was in the Marine corp so he is by no means law enforcement.
Kid had a hard time graduating HS, even in "special" classes. Parents divorced. Dad and 2 sisters live there. Only means of income are dad's dishwashing job at a local diner.
People come and go from kids house at all hours of the day and night. Starting at 10:30ish in the a.m. Rarely do any of the visitors stay longer than 5-10 minutes. They come in cars of all shapes and sizes and ages. As well as the people in them are all ages and colors.
Have seen a car pull up, honk the horn, he'll go out, lean in a window and then turn around and go back in the house.
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
Sounds like a dealer to me Chef. Make sure your safe, especially if he is making the stuff in his house. Any weird chemical smells coming from over there?
♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
Lurker
0 likes
Nope. I have a feeling it's weed and possibly rock. I also think he gets his supply from elsewhere. He's too stupid to cook his own. Hubs left all of the guns loaded in the house and scolded me into promising that I would keep one by my side at all times.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Even if he's not, if you live in a decent neighborhood, the cops will be on it in a heartbeat if you report it. Why take the chance. You don't want that garbage in your front yard.
Lurker
0 likes
Thanks. I agree. I have a call into a detective now. Waiting to hear back.
There's also a lot of children here too. Most under 13 at the moment. Dangerous for them too.
Matriarch
0 likes
I totally forgot about this thread.

I never snort cocaine, I just like the smell.

Sounds very much like they're dealing outside your house Chef, you want to stamp on that before it gets out of hand.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by nicola
I totally forgot about this thread.

I never snort cocaine, I just like the smell.

Sounds very much like they're dealing outside your house Chef, you want to stamp on that before it gets out of hand.

That's pretty good. You're the one that started it!
Going to try to put the little shit out of business asap.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen
What are the warning signs or red flags that would/should make someone suspect drug dealing?

They know me
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Stay safe Chef that sounds just like a dealer.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
put the call in Chef. If you know a cop they can usually work with you and preserve your anonymity by setting up some obs across the street from the shit head (don't need a warrant for that). Clean up your neighbourhood and protect the kids.

Red button topic for me - former Narc Cop - need to calm down. Hugs to everyone. TTFN.

Lurker
0 likes
You crack me up Knight.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Chef, if they show little interest, see if you can't keep a camcorder handy. Don't get caught taping, but get enough sales trips out to the car window to indicate a pattern of behavior. If there are minors in the house, you can call your local variant of "Dept of Children and Families" and make an anonymous report.
Lurker
0 likes
We have security cameras on our house. Have to check to see if they will pick up anything.
Spoke to dectectives today. They were interested and we talked about 45 minutes. The ball is in their court.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It's Friday and to add to my joy (seriously!) I have discovered that my wife has NO PLANS for my week-end. What the blazes do I do now?