Someone For Everyone?

last reply
66 replies
7.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Do you think there is someone for everyone, or are some people meant to be single, or do neither matter to you?
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
This is one of those questions that can generate pages of philosophical, psychological and even religious turmoil. However, I think that what should be critical to you is the simple to ask, yet difficult to answer, questions of, 'am I happy' and/or, when presented with options, 'will this or that make me happy.' The quickest road to discontent is to try to please others against the desires of self. If one finds a complimenting partner, great. If one does not find said partner, they are at least better off than if they tried a force fit.
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by JesseS
This is one of those questions that can generate pages of philosophical, psychological and even religious turmoil. However, I think that what should be critical to you is the simple to ask, yet difficult to answer, questions of, 'am I happy' and/or, when presented with options, 'will this or that make me happy.' The quickest road to discontent is to try to please others against the desires of self. If one finds a complimenting partner, great. If one does not find said partner, they are at least better off than if they tried a force fit.

Thank you for replying.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Lurker
0 likes
I do believe there is someone for everyone. But, not necessarily one someone for everyone. Maybe different someones at different stages of your life. Circumstances don't always allow them to find each other though.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well i dont think so.. But i just hope there is someone for everyone..
Lurker
0 likes
I believe people are compatible with a lot of other people but whether you meet any of these people at a time in both of your lives when things will work out depends on very many factors. Since it is complicated people like to reduce it to fate but I don't believe there are meant to be's. I think the best anyone can do is to is just be open to the possibility.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
There are people out there who are your soul - mates. The JOB is finding them!! I thought I had found one on here - turns out the
baggage was too heavy, even with both of us trying to lift it. It just proves that there are people for you, you' (or they) just have to find the right
person. Sometime, somewhere.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes, I believe there is someone for everyone, though you may never meet them!! LOL
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I also believe that there is someone out there for everyone, and I believe in soul mates. People just have to keep searching! smile
Lurker
0 likes
I hope there's someone out there for me, and i hope i get a chance to meet him!
Clumeleon
0 likes
I don't think that some people are "meant to be single" necessarily but nor do I think there's someone for everyone. Human relationships are infinitely more complex than the idea of soul mates. Anyone can find love but that doesn't mean that that person is meant for you; that's just the way things panned out.
Lurker
0 likes
I don't think anyone is "meant" to be single, I think it's human nature to love and be loved.
As to whether there's someone for everyone?
I doubt it, I find it hard to believe that there is one specific person in the world for me - a 'soul mate'.
I think we can be suited to any number of people, especially as who we are develops and changes through our lives.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
No. My one person could be someone in Cambodia. The perfect man was looking for the perfect woman, and when he found her she shunned him because she was looking for the perfect man. Think about it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I thought I had the one person for me and so I did until life played its hand and now I have the opportunity to find the next one for me... all I can say is that nothing is predictable and we need to keep an open mind and be willing to adapt to the unpredictability of life...
Lurker
0 likes
I think so.
Lurker
0 likes
Well... I'd like to believe the romantic idea that theres someone for everyone but no, harsh reality is not everyone is meant to have someone.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I believe it is as Suezq said. There is probably someone for everyone, but they have to meet each other at teh right time in each of their lives. All of that is mostly a matter of chance. Also, because the one constant in life is change, sometimes that perfect someone becomes less thnperfect as you both change. I believe the human animal, while tending to monogamy, is probably not meant to select and stay with one partner for life. I believe serial monogamy is more likely the biological tendency.
"There's only three tempos: slow, medium and fast. When you get between in the cracks, ain't nuthin' happenin'." Ben Webster
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
One is lucky indeed if he/she can find that really special someone. It happens to people... has happened to people around me. Its also great to have some close friends who are all really really special!!
Sig removed by admin: Too awesome.

(500px x 150px max)
Lurker
0 likes
I used to believe there was someone for everyone. But that thought has just gone out the window for me.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If you think about it, almost everyone finds somebody at some stage in their life. If people were like jigsaw pieces with only a certain few "right" people to join with out of the billions on the planet, then the odds would be very much against this.

So I conclude that there are many possible "right" partners for each of us.
News of ALL my novels (and where to get free copies) via charmbrights@yahoo.co.uk
Empress of the Moon
0 likes
I used to think that there was someone for everyone, but then I met someone for whom there couldn't possibly be someone for. It would be unrealistic for me to believe that I met the only person on earth like that, so there must be others.
[url]http://[/url]
The Linebacker
0 likes
I believe your soul-mate is available somewhere.
Lurker
0 likes
I hope that there is a soul mate for everyone. I think most of us would meet our soul mate at some point in our lives.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It is a very romantic notion that there is someone just waiting for you out there. I do beleive in soul mates, though not everyone will find his or her soul mate. But I do not believe that there is only one someone out there for you. There are many people that you could be "your someone." Fewer that could be your soulmate. And while I don't think that anyone is destined to be single, it is a sad reality that some never find that special someone. Nevertheless, it is hard to resist that romantic Hollywood movie where the two distant souls stumble across each other in an unlikely way and in doing so, find their soul mate. A toast to you finding your soulmate.
Lurker
0 likes
Short answer, No, there's no such thing
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by menarealwaysignorged
Short answer, No, there's no such thing

I'm going to hazard a guess that you're single.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think there are many someones who are suitably compatible for any one person. Like so many other things, compatibility with a particular person is a scale from -100% to +100%. The negative numbers are where the relationship would be worse than none. If you can find someone who remains in the high positives, they would be indistinguishable from a destined soulmate.
My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i think there are lots of someones for everyone. i also think if a person stays single for a lifetime its by their own choice...whether they know that or not.
littlemissbitch ~ professional face ripper offer, at your service..
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think there is someone for everyone. In fact, I believe in soul mates as well.

However, I do believe that there are people who unfortunately don't know themselves well enough to know when that right one is a part of their lives sometimes and they never get the chance they should.

Others, it just hits and happens.

Either way the one true thing is know yourself. If you do, then that someone for you will be easier to spot.
If you have read 50 Shades of Gray and think that you are ready to be a dom or a sub. Then you have a lot to learn.

Follow my slave's blog slave skye's real life blog if we can get 100 followers she is going to start posting pictures!!! I know there are at least 100 of you that want to see that click the link enter your email and follow. We hit 100 then she has said she will post a picture of herself.