I feel like getting a bit racial.

last reply
124 replies
10.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Ladies, do you prefer to fuck a person of a specific race? Which and why?
NUMQUAM FIDES CATELLUS!!!
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
quite honestly, no. hotness is hotness to me - i grew up in a black neighborhood, dated blacks, mexicans, slept with asians, had crushes on indian girls, there's no preference for me, i love people of all color. smile

ps - if Jack is reading this, i just thought i'd toss this in: from my experience, Mexican men have small penises. The rest of you can ignore that remark :)

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by sprite
quite honestly, no. hotness is hotness to me - i grew up in a black neighborhood, dated blacks, mexicans, slept with asians, had crushes on indian girls, there's no preference for me, i love people of all color. smile

ps - if Jack is reading this, i just thought i'd toss this in: from my experience, Mexican men have small penises. The rest of you can ignore that remark :)

Kickass
NUMQUAM FIDES CATELLUS!!!
Lurker
0 likes
I mis-read the title. I thought it said "I feel like getting a bit radical".
Lurker
0 likes
no, because thats racist.
Clumeleon
0 likes
Quote by summa
no, because thats racist.

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by clum

pretty much everyone is racist, yes, but that doesnt make it ok, that means stop it, dummy
Clumeleon
0 likes
I was going to say something about racism but then my girlfriend just texted me from London saying, "This club is soooooo black!!!!!!!"

She has great comic timing.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
true story. while i was growing up, i wanted to be black. black girls were so beautiful and cool - white girls were kind of boring. now, well, i know a lot of cool, beautiful white girls, so that's changed a bit, but omg, i still love black girls *sighs* oh, and there's a certain korean girl at my bank who i am totally in lust with... i think she knows it too *blushes*

oh, i should mention that i feel the same way about black guys as i do girls - omg, there are some HOT black men out there *bites fingers to keep from embarrassing myself by moaning out loud*

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
to be honest i prefer whites, or Asians.
Lurker
0 likes
I am mexican american and have only had sex with white men, i dont think its racist or a preference. I've been attracted to hispanic, middle eastern and black men, but i just haven't had sex with any of them.
Lurker
0 likes
not having sex with someone you're attracted to because of their race is absolutely racist (though if there was another reason, another real reason, not just an excuse, then i guess its not)
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Quote by summa
not having sex with someone you're attracted to because of their race is absolutely racist.

Agreed, theoretically. But chances are if you're a racist, you're not attracted to the race you're bigoted against in the first place. I prefer certain races over others, and that tends to dictate who I'm attracted to (with some exceptions). Attraction isn't a matter of choice.
Lurker
0 likes
attraction isn't a matter of choice, but if you can categorically declare (for example) "I'm not attracted to black people", chances are you're racist. Someone who's not racist and just coincidentally never met or seen somebody of a given race that they're attracted to (let me stress how unlikely this is in this day and age, when we all get to see media images of people from almost all races pretty much constantly) wouldn't think to declare themself unattracted to the entire race, because that's a racist way to think.
Lurker
0 likes
I think it's fair to say that people are probably aware if their choice in sexual/romantic partners is down to racism.

I, to my knowledge, am not a racist...but I don't find black guys (amongst others) that attractive as a general rule. Most people have a 'type'... mine is tall, lightly tanned, soft brown eyed, that chiseled face.... basically, my 'type' is not 'black'. This said, I go to a land based college...and there are a lot of strapping, incredibly tall black guys on the sport course... my type could change. Just sayin'

Edit: please note the key phrase here is 'as a general rule'...there are exceptions, there have been exceptions, and there could well be more exceptions to come.

I don't consider myself at all racist because I am generally not attracted to black (etc) guys... in the same way that I don't consider myself 'hairist' because I don't go for blondes (this said my mister current is dark blonde...there's always exceptions to my rules).
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by LittleBambi
I think it's fair to say that people are probably aware if their choice in sexual/romantic partners is down to racism.

I, to my knowledge, am not a racist...but I don't find black guys (amongst others) that attractive as a general rule. Most people have a 'type'... mine is tall, lightly tanned, soft brown eyed, that chiseled face.... basically, my 'type' is not 'black'. This said, I go to a land based college...and there are a lot of strapping, incredibly tall black guys on the sport course... my type could change. Just sayin'

Edit: please note the key phrase here is 'as a general rule'...there are exceptions, there have been exceptions, and there could well be more exceptions to come.

I don't consider myself at all racist because I am generally not attracted to black (etc) guys... in the same way that I don't consider myself 'hairist' because I don't go for blondes (this said my mister current is dark blonde...there's always exceptions to my rules).

actually one of the biggest problems with combatting racism in this day and age is that most people think that
a)racism is a conscious thing
b)racists are always aware that they are racists
c)i am not a racist (this kinda follows from a and b, since people who are unaware of their racism do not believe themselves to be racist. this is an expression of privilege, since they cannot see how their racism affects others, and because they are thus unaware of it, they do not believe it exists)

none of those statements are true (c is sometimes true, but almost never). so, basically, it is absolutely not fair to say that people are always aware if their preferences are "down to" racism.

ive said it before but if you can say "I am not attracted to black people" you are being racist. if you are in fact attracted to some black people, why do you say that you're not?

its also interesting that you bring up the blonde thing, because in the past century the criteria of what made someone "white" (im speaking primarily in the context of the usa, race relations are different in different places but im an american and thats what im familiar with the most so thats mostly where im getting my examples) has changed dramatically (admitting irish, southern europeans, etc.) the reason i bring this up is to point out the constructed nature of race, which further points out how absurd it is for someone who claims to be non-racist to also claim not to be attracted to people of a certain race.
Lurker
0 likes
First off...I wasn't actually replying to your post - I was just putting my own views forwards on this.

One is not 'racist' because they are not attracted to a certain look. Some people aren't attracted to tall people, to short people, to people with small boobs, to people with extremely large boobs, to those with boyish figures, to those with curvaceous figures... pray tell, what are these people? Boobist, boyishist, curcaceousist? Hell, some people aren't attracted to males...some aren't attracted to females. I don't think I'm sexist...am I? I'm beginning to double guess myself...I must be racist, sexist and hairist...or something.

See, that is why I pointed out the 'as a general rule' thing... it's not a statement, it's just when I walk into a room I'm not physically drawn to the 'black look'...

This is my 'type' in a nutshell...it's just not black :

That's just what I'm attracted to at first glance...as I said, I'm also not attracted to blonde guys at a first glance...but there's exceptions to everything.

To truly be racist you need a reason to be so.... I just don't have one. I was, admittedly, brought up in a white middle class area....however I had the advantage over most here... I have close family members that are black (there's quite a few adoptions in my family). I see this as an 'advantage' because most people around here didn't have that kind of 'insight' into the fact that there's no logic behind racism...and thus I don't believe myself to be naively racist as so many in my area are.

I have a close friend that fits the bill I'm talking about above... can't stop spouting out the racist comments...being disgusted with herself that she drunkenly kissed a black guy last night... etc etc. This said, if you confront her about why she has something against other races she has literally no reason. Is she racist? Yes and no. I see it more as being uninformed. That's not an excuse for a friend, that's me pitying someone.
Lurker
0 likes
Please note, a lot of the above comments are so flippant and jokey because I see it as pretty pointless to get all serious on the subject of racism....everyone could go round in circles with this for years. It's one of those topics; everyone has different views.

The above are mine on my lack of attraction as a general rule to those of other races vs whether or not I'm racist.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by LittleBambi
One is not 'racist' because they are not attracted to a certain look. Some people aren't attracted to tall people, to short people, to people with small boobs, to people with extremely large boobs, to those with boyish figures, to those with curvaceous figures... pray tell, what are these people? Boobist, boyishist, curcaceousist? Hell, some people aren't attracted to males...some aren't attracted to females. I don't think I'm sexist...am I? I'm beginning to double guess myself...I must be racist, sexist and hairist...or something.
you're very close here. now consider the difference between "race" and things like hair color (hint: there isnt any difference except that hair color in white people is no longer seen as a racial divider. in 1900 a dark haired white person was considered to be a different race from a light-haired one). gender is actually different from race in a lot of important ways, for more information on that i suggest reading "whipping girl" by julia serano (its available on amazon, or check your local library. if you absolutely cant find a copy pm me and ill help you out).

See, that is why I pointed out the 'as a general rule' thing... it's not a statement, it's just when I walk into a room I'm not physically drawn to the 'black look'...

This is my 'type' in a nutshell...it's just not black :

[img][/img]

That's just what I'm attracted to at first glance...as I said, I'm also not attracted to blonde guys at a first glance...but there's exceptions to everything.
this is a lot of words to say "im not racist but im not attracted to black people", and the qualifier you tack onto the end really makes me question why you bothered. see my earlier post for thoughts on this, since its basically the exact same thing you did in your last post.

To truly be racist you need a reason to be so.... I just don't have one.
I may be interpreting "reason" differently from the way you meant it, but you absolutely do have a reason, and it's given in the very next sentence of your post:
I was, admittedly, brought up in a white middle class area....

moving on.
however I had the advantage over most here... I have close family members that are black (there's quite a few adoptions in my family). I see this as an 'advantage' because most people around here didn't have that kind of 'insight' into the fact that there's no logic behind racism...and thus I don't believe myself to be naively racist as so many in my area are.
this is fundamentally the same argument as "but some of my best friends are black!" but taken to a new level.

I have a close friend that fits the bill I'm talking about above... can't stop spouting out the racist comments...being disgusted with herself that she drunkenly kissed a black guy last night... etc etc. This said, if you confront her about why she has something against other races she has literally no reason. Is she racist? Yes and no. I see it more as being uninformed. That's not an excuse for a friend, that's me pitying someone.
your friend is absolutely racist. the fact that she is uninformed does not make her less racist, and if you are anti-racist you should educate her about this.

Please note, a lot of the above comments are so flippant and jokey because I see it as pretty pointless to get all serious on the subject of racism....everyone could go round in circles with this for years. It's one of those topics; everyone has different views.

The above are mine on my lack of attraction as a general rule to those of other races vs whether or not I'm racist.
actually racism is a very serious issue and it deserves serious attention. the fact that the discussion is difficult to have and many people do not want to admit that they are being racist (consciously or no) and that people will cling to their privilege (and thus that the conversation can and will "go around in circles") make it more important to go into these things, not less. everyone does have different views, but different does not necessarily mean "valid" or "not racist".

tl;dr - i have to question how not-racist someone is when they will write all of these Words to defend their right to make blanket judgements based on race.
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
I know this is a ladies question but I don't believe sexual attraction is a racial issue per se'. I happen to be attracted to woman with long dark hair with a slimmer lithe build. I also love some accents whether they be Europeon or from the Caribian.
If I were going set examples of what excites me in a woman I'd chose to use some TV characters.
Fiona in Burn Notice ( Gabrielle Anwar) has a beautiful body and the intelligence and confidence to really get me going.
Grace Park in Maimi 5-0 just makes me crazy!
MIchelle Rodriguez in Avatar was amazingly sexy.
Calleigh Duquesne in CSI Miami is another strong woman on TV. Her accent has turned me on for years and Marsha Thomson in White Coller is doing the same. All of these women look very different but they have physical characteristics I find attractive. More importantly they have the confidence to allow their sexiness to fully bloom.
As it happens there are some racial types that fit these molds and women of those races are more likely to catch my eye but in reality what matters most to me is her intelligence and confidence in her own self worth.
Lurker
0 likes
From the tone of your original comment on this thread an attacking response like this was inevitable...

Writing a couple of paragraphs on one's opinion does not condemn them, I'm afraid. There is no 'argument' with regards to bringing up a valid point in your own life re the topic you are discussing (or, apparently, the claim I am defending myself against?!).

One is racist for not always being attracted to other races....and one is also racist for having black family members that one has no issues with re race or anything else? Man, I am just lost

Not wishing to get into a serious, heavy debate on a subject does not mean that a person is guilty of any offences around said subject. Subjects like racism bring out very strong opinions and many people, as you have just shown by launching snide (etc) comments at someone you have no experience with...and thus no knowledge of them or their experiences/values/views/beliefs, are unable to breathe, take a step back and talk in a calm manner about it.

It is true, this area is very white middle class... my aunt has not-so-fond memories of what it was like for her and my uncle, in particular, growing up here just some 30 odd years ago. Unfortunately for you, such scenarios are not (pardon the pun) so 'black and white'.....if your parents, siblings, others you know/live with are smokers this does not automatically mean you will be a smoker. It makes you more likely to be one, sure, but it does not mean you will be one. To say it is not so is just ridiculous.

Now, going back a few paces, there are other things that can determine what you are or are not attracted to both physically and personality wise. For instance, the first guy that made me feel 'special' (in every sense...yes, I am talking sexually here also) looked similar to the actor who's photo I posted above; this would be a pretty good indication as to why I am specifically attracted to those who look similar. Because I associate it with a good friend, a good relationship, a good set of sexual experiences and so on... with the few people of other races I have been with I simply haven't had such a good set of experiences... nothing to leave me wanting more. That, again, is a pretty good indication of why I may be attracted to the look that I am as opposed to the look that I am not. We do live in a kind of world, unfortunately, where things are pushed in our faces...take the skinny media hype thing... this doesn't mean that all men that are attracted to this physique are so because of the media or because their friends told them to be...and so on. Unfortunately, there is never a way to know for sure what it is that will have had some impact on a person's subconscious and, because of this, it is completely out of line for a person to accuse anyone of anything.

I have said all I wish to on the subject...I have no intention of going around for years on this. Please, rest assured, that I am not backing out of this because I fear I may have racist tendencies that are about to be exposed to the world of Lush. You are, of course, entitled to your opinion of me or anyone else based on what we say in these forums....but that doesn't mean that it is acceptable to accuse people of anything you cannot be sure about. Or perhaps it's just my book in which that isn't acceptable..
Lurker
0 likes
i understand that youre feeling attacked but please be aware that a personal attack is not my intention here.

that said i want to respond to your last post because i think that i may not have made myself clear.

Quote by LittleBambi
Writing a couple of paragraphs on one's opinion does not condemn them, I'm afraid. There is no 'argument' with regards to bringing up a valid point in your own life re the topic you are discussing (or, apparently, the claim I am defending myself against?!).
Fair enough. I think my points with regards to what you said being racist still stand. If you want to just post your opinions and leave, you are perfectly welcome to do so, but personally I would rather this thread be a discussion than a poll.

One is racist for not always being attracted to other races....
you're mistaking my point. I am not claiming that anyone must always be attracted to everyone of any particular race (to do so would be ludicrous). My claim is that to say that one is never attracted to an individual of a certain race is a racist statement, because there can be no criteria for disqualifying everyone of a given race other than the fact of their race.

and one is also racist for having black family members that one has no issues with re race or anything else? Man, I am just lost
you are not racist for having black family members (or friends or whatever). you made and are now defending a racist statement, and having black family members (or friends) does not excuse that.

Not wishing to get into a serious, heavy debate on a subject does not mean that a person is guilty of any offences around said subject.
that is true. however i did want to defend my reasons for wanting to discuss this here and now, and your post made me feel like you were dismissing any discussion of racism as pointless, which it is not.

Subjects like racism bring out very strong opinions and many people, as you have just shown by launching snide (etc) comments at someone you have no experience with...and thus no knowledge of them or their experiences/values/views/beliefs, are unable to breathe, take a step back and talk in a calm manner about it.
you are correct that i have no experience with you, and that my statements are based solely on your posts in this thread. i do try to assume the best of people, which is why i am continuing to discuss with you in good faith. i make no claims to be calm about this subject, but i do not believe that being calm is necessary or even desirable in discussions of such emotionally charged issues as racism. i do, however, object to any attempts to silence me (or anyone else) who cares about this (or any) issue simply because they care.

It is true, this area is very white middle class... my aunt has not-so-fond memories of what it was like for her and my uncle, in particular, growing up here just some 30 odd years ago. Unfortunately for you, such scenarios are not (pardon the pun) so 'black and white'.....if your parents, siblings, others you know/live with are smokers this does not automatically mean you will be a smoker. It makes you more likely to be one, sure, but it does not mean you will be one. To say it is not so is just ridiculous.
nevertheless, growing up white and middle class in the anglophone first world does predispose one to be racist. this is due to the culture and society in which we live. i would like to stress again that it is not the fault of the individual for being the product of such a system, it only becomes an issue when one is made aware of the racist culture and assumptions with which they have been raised. at that point we are presented with a choice: we may begin the (incredibly difficult and long-lasting) task of working to shed our ingrown racism and assumptions and work to become better people, or we may double down and work to reinforce and deny the existence of the structures of privilege that we exist within. i invite and encourage you to join me in the former.

Now, going back a few paces, there are other things that can determine what you are or are not attracted to both physically and personality wise. For instance, the first guy that made me feel 'special' (in every sense...yes, I am talking sexually here also) looked similar to the actor who's photo I posted above; this would be a pretty good indication as to why I am specifically attracted to those who look similar. Because I associate it with a good friend, a good relationship, a good set of sexual experiences and so on... with the few people of other races I have been with I simply haven't had such a good set of experiences... nothing to leave me wanting more. That, again, is a pretty good indication of why I may be attracted to the look that I am as opposed to the look that I am not. We do live in a kind of world, unfortunately, where things are pushed in our faces...take the skinny media hype thing... this doesn't mean that all men that are attracted to this physique are so because of the media or because their friends told them to be...and so on.
why not? what other factor do you posit outside of socialization (i.e. the sum total of our experiences) to explain our preferences?

Unfortunately, there is never a way to know for sure what it is that will have had some impact on a person's subconscious and, because of this, it is completely out of line for a person to accuse anyone of anything.
i fail to see how your conclusion here follows from your premise. the accusations of racism that i have leveled in this thread are not based on the state of peoples subconscious, but rather on the words that they have posted.

I have said all I wish to on the subject...I have no intention of going around for years on this. Please, rest assured, that I am not backing out of this because I fear I may have racist tendencies that are about to be exposed to the world of Lush.
the thought never crossed my mind. you have been quite open about your racism in this thread.

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion of me or anyone else based on what we say in these forums....but that doesn't mean that it is acceptable to accuse people of anything you cannot be sure about.
i am confused as to why you think im not sure about this. i believe that i have explained quite clearly why the statements that i called racist are, in fact, racist in this thread, where did you get the idea that i lacked certainty in this area?

i want to end my post by reiterating a post i made earlier in this thread:
Quote by summa
pretty much everyone is racist, yes, but that doesnt make it ok, that means stop it, dummy

my point here is that i do not wish to condemn people for having previously unexamined racist attitudes or opinions. it is inevitable when one lives in our society (i certainly have problematic attitudes and opinions that remain unexamined). the only thing i wish to call out in this thread is the refusal to examine, re-evaluate, and work to become less racist.

in short: when you realize you're being racist, stop it, dummy!
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Yes I do. I have always preferred white men. Ended up being engaged to one. Love to see the contrast during sex. But just like them in general to be honest.
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Summa, I agree with much of what you have to say, including that too much of racism is insidious and under-identified. However, I think you might be making a straw-man argument when it comes to non-attraction to certain races. I agree that anybody who makes a categorical dismissal of even the possibility of attraction to a specific race is, at least on some level, being racist. However, not one person here has done that. They've indicated preferences and you took it and ran a bit from there.*

And even if they did, maybe you feel you've done your part by calling them out, but that doesn't change who and what they're sexually attracted to. Making someone aware of their own possible prejudices doesn't change their sexual preferences.

This is a touchy subject and we're not going to host an internet war, but suffice it to say that many have a visual 'type' that excites them more than others. Let's stick closer to that if we can.

*not that I'm never guilty of the same, but nevertheless.
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Quote by ThunderQueen79
Love to see the contrast during sex.

Skin contrast has always been a huge turn-on for me. smile
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
ok, wow. this has gotten interesting. i think Bambi's point is valid. most of us have a certain type of guy or girl that excites us visually. come one, look at all the sites or even threads here for hot redheads, blondes, black girls, latino girls, asian girls... so, if someone has a fetish for asian girls/guys, that means they are racist? sorry, that doesn't cut it. now, if someones says i won't date black dudes, that's one thing, but if someone says, i find indian men HOT and if i'm out scoping out guys, and there's a hot looking indian dude next to a hot looking black dude, i'm going to be undressing the indian dude with my eyes, not the black guy. nothing wrong with that.

we are attracted to who we are attracted to - that doesn't mean Bambi might not find a black man who just sweeps her off her feet and end up falling in love with him, it just means that's not the guy she's fantasizing about when she turns off the lights - nothing wrong with that.

for the record, i am very sensitive about racism, but Bambi's post didn't even registrar as such. sometimes we are looking way too hard fo things to get upset about, you know? smile

just my opinion.

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by LadyX
Summa, I agree with much of what you have to say, including that too much of racism is insidious and under-identified. However, I think you might be making a straw-man argument when it comes to non-attraction to certain races. I agree that anybody who makes a categorical dismissal of even the possibility of attraction to a specific race is, at least on some level, being racist. However, not one person here has done that.

I'm going to use your own words to respond to this one:
Quote by LadyX
I prefer certain races over others.

And even if they did, maybe you feel you've done your part by calling them out, but that doesn't change who and what they're sexually attracted to.

My goal is not to tell people who they must be attracted to. I want people to keep an open mind and to begin to recognize racist thinking when they do it.

Quote by sprite
ok, wow. this has gotten interesting. i think Bambi's point is valid. most of us have a certain type of guy or girl that excites us visually. come one, look at all the sites or even threads here for hot redheads, blondes, black girls, latino girls, asian girls... so, if someone has a fetish for asian girls/guys, that means they are racist? sorry, that doesn't cut it.
actually, yes it does, and saying "i have a fetish for asians" absolutely makes you racist. Not to mention that asian fetishism (at least when I've seen it, which is mostly in white middle-class american men) is often associated with other racist attitudes (typically that asian women are more submissive, docile, controllable than women of other races).

now, if someones says i won't date black dudes, that's one thing, but if someone says, i find indian men HOT and if i'm out scoping out guys, and there's a hot looking indian dude next to a hot looking black dude, i'm going to be undressing the indian dude with my eyes, not the black guy. nothing wrong with that.
do you understand the difference between saying "i find this man hotter than that one" and "i find this man hot because he is an indian, and i like indian men, and he is therefore hotter than this black man"?

we are attracted to who we are attracted to - that doesn't mean Bambi might not find a black man who just sweeps her off her feet and end up falling in love with him, it just means that's not the guy she's fantasizing about when she turns off the lights - nothing wrong with that.

absolutely. she even (iirc) brought up this possibility in her own posts. nevertheless, the possibility does mean that bambi should stop saying things like this:
Quote by LittleBambi
I don't find black guys (amongst others) that attractive as a general rule.

for the record, i am very sensitive about racism, but Bambi's post didn't even registrar as such. sometimes we are looking way too hard fo things to get upset about, you know? smile
i did not come into this thread looking for things to get upset about. if you did not notice the racism in the posts in this thread, i suggest that you are not nearly as sensitive as you think you are, and i would like to remind you (and everyone) that being aware of racism to some degree does not mean that we are always the ultimate arbiter of what is or isnt racist. everyone has blind spots, everyone is going to miss things, and at some point in their life, everyone will be confronted by someone who recognizes racist behavior where they dont. it is how we respond to these situations that define whether or not we are committed to anti-racism, and i invite all of you to learn and grow, as i try to do in my own life.
Lurker
0 likes
for the record, as of this post, the guys' forum version of this thread (while a bit boys-clubby and objectifying in some ways) is remarkably free of racist posting (with the exception of the op).
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Summa, you drew the racism line at categorical rejection of a certain race. I indicated preference. Are you changing your position?