29 replies
3.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
What is it that you consider "Cheating"
Is sexting cheating?
How about kissing, flirting, sex chat rooms, or maybe even this website if your partner doesn't know about it?
where do you draw the line and say, "You're Cheating!"

Just curious.
"Do you want to live to work or work to live"

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

"Always hold you head up high, never come off weak"

Michael
Lurker
0 likes
If you don't want your partner or spouse to know about it, it's probably cheating.SZj58O59UHQOEUNf
Lurker
0 likes
I agree, there's hundreds of threads about this and i always say that if you know your other half would be unhappy about it, its cheating, or if you're unsure just think.... would YOU be unhappy if your other half did/was doing what you're doing??
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by MMonroe
.... would YOU be unhappy if your other half did/was doing what you're doing??

Just because you wouldnt be unhappy if your other half did it, doesnt mean it is NOT cheating. If you do it behind your SO's back, it's cheating, plain and simple!!

As for being on this site, or fantasizing, that is a very gray area. To me it isnt.
Lurker
0 likes
My husband knows I'm on this site, however he does not know about ShyVixen. That's being dishonest, it's not cheating. With that said developing emotional connections, sexting, cybering are all cheating in my opinion. It was not until I developed an emotional connection with someone online that eventually turned into daily phone calls and chats that I knew it was cheating. Maybe not in the physical sense, but sometimes emotional cheating is worse.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by ShyVixen
My husband knows I'm on this site, however he does not know about ShyVixen. That's being dishonest, it's not cheating. With that said developing emotional connections, sexting, cybering are all cheating in my opinion. It was not until I developed an emotional connection with someone online that eventually turned into daily phone calls and chats that I knew it was cheating. Maybe not in the physical sense, but sometimes emotional cheating is worse.

Like I said, very gray area. It really depends on what you do on Lush and what your SO knows if anything. My SO knows all about Lush, my friends and basically everything I do here. And is very cool with it. To us, it is part of fantasizing.

But If I kept it all hidden, would be very different Im sure.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Guest
If you don't want your partner or spouse to know about it, it's probably cheating.ljEfLyqitselhmFh

In a nutshell.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
If you have an explicitly confirmed commitment to monogamy and you know the expectations up front of what they would or would not want you doing, and then decide to play in secret (with hookups, sexting or whatever), then I guess... technically... that is cheating. But the level of cheating is all shades of grey... just like most people's expectations of relationships.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Copying your neighbors answers while taking exams.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Lurker
0 likes
Anything that she doesn't know about.
The Linebacker
0 likes
My wife and I had a long on-again-off-again relationship and went through some hard times and after we got back together the last time we did some swapping out and/or threesomes. But before we got married we both decided that our relationship would work best if we were monogamous and talk things out real good. So I believe we both have the same concept of cheating — just don't fuck other people.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Rule of thumb: Sucking ain't fucking and eating ain't cheating
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
sext is..period

hello if you could.. you soooo would

do that guy/girl

but hey that is just....my thoughts
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I totally agree, if you don't want your spouse or partner to know..its CHEATING!
Lurker
0 likes
If you are hiding certain things from other hallf ie being on chat sites then to me that is cheating.
Lurker
0 likes
I don't.
Lurker
0 likes
I'LL GO WITH THE CONVENTIONAL- IF YOU'RE NOT BEING HONEST WITH YOUR PARTNER, IT'S CHEATING OBVIOUSLY. BUT DON'T WE KNOW THAT HAVING AN AFFAIR WITH ANOTHER (THOUGH YOU'VE CONFESSED IT TO YOUR PARTNER), IS CHEATING,TOO, DUE TO THE FACT THAT YOU BECAME UNLOYAL. IT WILL ALWAYS BE CHEATING EITHERWAY AROUND.

TRUST IS EASY TO DESTROY, BUT IS VERY HARD TO EARN.
Lurker
0 likes
Well coming from a few point of having seen this happen to someone.....i agree that yes if you are not being honest with your partner, it's cheating.....but not exactly. It's hard when your looking at different view points of a situation. For me personally i would never even come close to this line...but for those that have i don't exactly find it CHEATING. Like being on here....people on here are states and countries away from each other...and honestly the talk that goes on around here is more like a fucking high school....just with adults and a bigger sex life lol. It's drama...gossip....and flirting.

But if it is in real life....and not on this site and you are flirting...a little more than u should, yes that is going towards an area you shouldn't be going towards...but i don't believe it is full on cheating until you actually at least make a move on another person...or go out more than friends...and u know what i mean more than friends.
Site administrator
0 likes
Well when playing Snap and someone puts a card down that doesnt match the previous one !! I just hate that !!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The difficult part is when partners don't have the same opinion of what does and doesn't "count."

I went to a strip club once when I had an afternoon to kill. I told my wife - because I didn't think it was a problem - and she freaked out. I haven't gone back since, because now I know that for her, that "counts," and it's not important enough to me to go there to make it an issue.

She doesn't know I'm here. I don't "cyber" here in the chat rooms. I just write stories and talk about them.

What kills me is that I'm fairly sure she would not approve. I'm going to tell her at some point, because not telling her is indeed dishonest. I'm not sure what comes of that conversation if she objects to my writing erotica and discussing it with others (particularly other ladies - regardless of how innocuous those conversations are).
My novel, The Society, is available now in the Kindle Store: http://www.amazon.com/The-Society-ebook/dp/B00BPF9U2I
Lurker
0 likes
If you dont want your partner to know.........it definately CHEATING
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i plead the fifth
Lurker
0 likes
i consider cheating to be anything you do/say that you wouldnt willingly tell your partner. Lush isnt cheating unless you dont share that you visit the site
Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado
0 likes
Cheating isn't just the physical. It's also the emotional entanglement that happens.

There are plenty of people in "open relationships" .... and that usually means that there is no problem with fucking/sucking another person outside their relationship. BUT .... when there are emotions developing/established and it's not just lust of the physical kind .... it's cheating.

For me, personally, it's the emotional entanglement that constitutes cheating. If I am in a relationship, the killer would be finding out they are in love with someone else, even if they had never done anything physical.

I am VERY monogamous when I am in a committed relationship.

PS - I think there was another thread around here about what constitutes cheating for members, but after the last fiasco, I won't suggest how to find it ....
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Some of the responses I've seen on this topic have been quite interesting.

One earlier response might be paraphrased as "anything you wouldn't tell your partner about is cheating" and that made me think for a second or two.

I haven't directly told my wife that I visit Lush but I'm sure she's aware that I'm visiting sites of this nature. I haven't told her because she can be prudish and often refuses to discuss sexual topics with me though we've known each other (in the biblical sense, too) more than half of our lives. This is even true right before and right after sex. I think it's a little odd to be that uptight about it, but hey... whatever works (and she works quite well for me).

I don't consider Lush cheating because I'm not trying to hook up with anyone else (physical or cyber), I'm not attaching myself emotionally to another person, and I'm not inspired to leave my lovely and loving wife. The fact that I'm having a fleeting fantasy while reading a story doesn't feel out of bounds to me.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
if your partner doesn't know or you wouldn't want it to be done to you it's cheating
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
ok people give your head a shake cheating is cheating no matter how you look at it.