Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

How many ladies try to turn their husband or bf into their personal Ken doll?

last reply
56 replies
6.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
The Linebacker
0 likes
My wife tries hard to pick out, buy, replace clothes for me. She has pushed me to let my hair grow long (actually on my shoulders now.). She does not like my cargo pants and Wrangler jeans, pushing me to wear these very expensive designer jeans she bought for me. I have to admit she did a great job an talking me into getting several tailor made suits for work. I would have never spent that kind of money without her urging or badgering. ha I really do like the suits. But for after work I prefer my cargo pants (with all the pockets she so hates.) My hair I would buz off real short if it were totally up to me but she has unfair persuasive tactics that only women can do.

So is this a chic thing to try and change your man's style or what?
Constant Gardener
0 likes
No offense sir, but it sounds to me as if you might be slightly female-led.

Not that that's such a bad thing, in certain circumstances.

Does she now or has she ever in the past, attempted to dress you and herself in matching: sweaters, fleece pullover jackets, flannel logging shirts, or jogging wear...or do you own especially pretty/cute - embroidered pajamas? Do you regularly sport any warm, pink or white bunny motif house slippers?

These are also signs that yes...She is gently pushing you under her control.

If she has already morphed all the bathrooms in the household to overly feminine decor and has you sleeping on 600 count thread Egyptian cotton and will not allow you an enjoyable and masculine work bench area inside your two or three car garage - beware - She has cunning plans and she is slowly implementing them.

But again, as I mentioned previously...that may not be such a bad thing. Every situation is different. It may not be too late for you.

The below illustration signifies that all is lost.

The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Artistic Tart
0 likes
I'm finding out that I'm a little guilty of this sort of thing.

Before and without my insistence, ninety percent of his wardrobe was either gym-wear (shorts, tees, wifebeaters, tracksuits, sweatpants), sports gear and/or jerseys, and jeans in various conditions (new-ish to completely holey and ratty). His "nice" stuff was about three outfits total (nine, if you mixed and matched the "Cholo-on-Easter" shortsleeve button up shirts and cotton slacks).

I've taken him shopping and I must say I've massively upgraded his wardrobe, and thus his ability to look good in public, in just three quick shopping trips. Just imagine what I can do with a few more?

Even so, I know I can't totally "Ken Doll" him, even though he's mostly indifferent and I think amused that I fuss over these things so much. He is his own person and I have to resist the urge to try to make everything he wears mirror my preferences.

But still, he looks so much better now, believe me.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Buz

So is this a chic thing to try and change your man's style or what?

I probably wouldn't date a guy who's "style" wasn't similar to my own ... therefore, I have never had to nor needed to change his style.

Though, giving him a difficult time cuz he likes basketball instead of football .... sure!!
The Linebacker
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale
No offense sir, but it sounds to me as if you might be slightly female-led.

Not that that's such a bad thing, in certain circumstances.

Does she now or has she ever in the past, attempted to dress you and herself in matching: sweaters, fleece pullover jackets, flannel logging shirts, or jogging wear...or do you own especially pretty/cute - embroidered pajamas? Do you regularly sport any warm, pink or white bunny motif house slippers?

These are also signs that yes...She is gently pushing you under her control.

If she has already morphed all the bathrooms in the household to overly feminine decor and has you sleeping on 600 count thread Egyptian cotton and will not allow you an enjoyable and masculine work bench area inside your two or three car garage - beware - She has cunning plans and she is slowly implementing them.

But again, as I mentioned previously...that may not be such a bad thing. Every situation is different. It may not be too late for you.

The below illustration signifies that all is lost.

The apartment is very frilly, she stole all of my flannel shirts to wear as her pajamas and I now how a pink bunny suit! (I already had bunny slippers before I moved in.) But I don't do the matching outfits.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I for one do not do this. I buy my husband's clothes but always with his personal tastes in mind. If there is a style I would like him to try he will generally try it on, with some exceptions. If he likes it we get it, if not I drop it.

I have had boufriends that tried to dictate what I would where. I dumped every one of them.
Sex is not the answer. Sex is the question. "Yes" is the answer. ~Swami X

Lurker
0 likes
hell, what else are they good for? lol
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by Buz

The apartment is very frilly, she stole all of my flannel shirts to wear as her pajamas and I now how a pink bunny suit! (I already had bunny slippers before I moved in.) But I don't do the matching outfits.

Eh, it's apparently not an issue of emasculation then, Buz. Only a man truly comfortable with his own masculinity can comfortably wear bunny slippers around the house and yard.

The real question at this point is... Are you accessorizing properly? I mean, do they match your eyes, belt or cut of your torso?

No matter how on top of your game you may feel you are, do not step out in public dressed like this poor fellow:

At this point, there is not much hope for him.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Lurker
0 likes
Buz... I feel your pain and truely hate being amuzed by this, but damn this thread is funny. I'm married to a very prideful couch potato and once (just once mind you) I let her talk me into buying a bicycle I really didn't want, just because she could buy the ladies version in the same color. She thought it was 'cute'... arrrggg! Both times she rode with me I felt like such a dork. I was stuck with that bike for 4 years. 5,000 miles is a long time to remind yourself to never let that happen again!

Mrs Playsit loves to dress in expensive clothing... I love my jeans and tee shirts or sweaters. It's not unusual for us to go out to eat with her dressed up and myself comfortable. She's perfectly ok with it, although I do dress up for her when going somewhere nice. She does let me know when my favorite shirt become ratty though.
Lurker
0 likes
I think that there ought to be a compromise, let her pick your suits for work but you dress in casual clothes how you want to. I don't think I would like someone telling me what I could and couldn't wear, or what hairstyle to have. In fact, I would tell them exactly where to go.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Liz Hurley is guilty of this and after seeing what she has done to Shane Warne

Before Liz

Now

I say leave well enough alone.
0 likes
The way my husband looked appealed to me in the beginning (mostly) so I didn't really need/want to change how he dressed. I hated his hair though. It's blonde and he wore it down to his shoulders which made him look girlier than me. He ended up cutting it a couple of months after we started seeing each other and has worn it really short ever since. I didn't have to say anything, but I might have suggested it if he'd kept it long.
Matriarch
0 likes
I love Egyptian cotton, you can't replicate the quality.

You have to be comfortable in your own skin Buz, it sounds like you need to kick back a little.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I know this will get a flaming but have to state that it depends on the couple and their situation.

I agree with NaughtyAnn. However, if you've worked up the ladder in life and are now more successful and in more buisness and professional circles, then your wife is helping you to update your appearance and by getting you away from the cargo shorts, she is trying to make you more conscious of your appearances. Even away from work.

When going out to events or a night on the town, men love to tell us gals what they want us to wear! So why can't we help update your look so that we look great together?

There are limits to everything but maybe you should start talking to her and find out what is motivating this directions from her and take a more active role!

Kisses!

Steph
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Quote by 1Zratedgal
she is trying to make you more conscious of your appearances. Even away from work.

When going out to events or a night on the town, men love to tell us gals what they want us to wear! So why can't we help update your look so that we look great together?

Steph

Yay, I feel much less obsessive and controlling now.

After all, It's for his own good! LOL
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Mrs. Nudie likes to buy me things that she would like me to wear. For the most part, I don't mind. I'm the farthest from being a clothes horse that you can imagine. I still have the executive veto power, though. Anything she buys for me that I don't like, I have the right to return.
0 likes
I do have to say my woman has bought me a number of shirts / sweaters / ties. However she realizes that I am in the fashion business as well and I know how to put myself together. At times I do look for her consultation however it's not LAW.

I love the fact that we can consult each other in regards to how we dress and our wardrobes.
The night that changed my life, a four part series of a married man lusting after his co-worker

[URL=http://www.lushstories.com/stories/reluctance/the-night-that-changed-my-life-1.aspx][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/WPPsy.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
The Linebacker
0 likes
Its mainly that she has bought those expensive designer jeans for me and she is always asking me to wear them. I do appease her sometimes. But I have not abandoned my cargo pants and I still put a lot of things in the pockets even though she complains. And she really complains about my camouflage pants but I still wear them.

She has also bought several new polo style shirts for me, all are brand names. The ones I buy on my own are cheaper & almost never have a logo on them. The shirts she got me are fine, its just she cares a lot more about the logo on the shirt and I could care less.

I don't mind deferring to her on my business attire. She grew up in that world and knows a lot about moving up, etc. The suits she got me to get are very nice and I can tell they look a lot better and portray a much better image for business. She really hated those old corduroy blazers I had from Target and other discount stores.

She originally asked me to grow my hair out for our wedding. After I was going to cut it (I had been cutting my own hair with electric clippers.) But she kept bugging me to let it keep growing. The longer hair has has taken some getting used to, but she does love it and I am finding that all the ladies seem to. Women are always mentioning my hair and how they like it.

When it comes to fashion/appearance the only thing I have asked of her is to not cut her hair. She wanted to get a new style for herself that was a lot shorter and I asked her not to. I love it long like it is. It is more than half way down her back. It is very sexy to me. And she has kept it that way because I asked her.

My wife hasn't really tried to completely revamp my style but she'd be happy if I wore all those more expensive brand name clothes. I don't care about that.

LadyX, I bet he doesn't mind too much, sometimes its actually flattering when our lady picks out something for us that looks good on us.

And what is it with pink. She has bought me a few pink shirts in the past and does all these unfair tricks like blow in my ear and lick on me until I wear the damn thing. And when I do all the girls we know have to compliment the shirt and actually touch it.

Why do women love pink shirts on men?

And I really don't go in for that Tim Tebow look. I do however still have shirt that says, "TEABAG TEBOW!" It has a Georgia "G" logo with a Georgia Bulldog teabagging a florida gay-tor on the front and on the back in huge bold letters says TEABAG TEBOW. I bought that when I was a senior in 2007 when the Dawgs whipped the gay-tors and sacked Tebow several times, knocked him dizzy and limping off the field. (Not knocking him personally, he is a great football player.)
Lurker
0 likes
THE ANSWER IS RUN LIKE HELL BEFORE SHE TAKE YOUR MAN CARD!!! NO ONE SHOULD TRY TO CHANGE THE PERSON YOUR WITH. I HAD A GIRL THAT TRY THAT AND I TOLD HERE I NO RICH PERSON AND IF HATS HOW YOU WANT TO DRESS I AM OUT OF HERE
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I dont see any problem with a woman "making suggestions" on how her man dresses but I really dont think she should be that pushy about it. Its one thing if a woman has to attend a job related function with her husband and he wants to go very casual to get him to step the wardrobe choices up a little. But when in a casual situation, I think he should wear what he likes as long as it isnt something really bad like a dirty, ratty stained T- shirt or god for bid an Eagles or Cowboys jersey!!! LOL.

All women want their guy to dress special for them just like all men would love to have their woman do the same. But there are limits as to how hard you push it too.

A guy in jeans and a football jersey or jeans, t-shirt and leather jacket, or a tailor made suit are all very hot depending on the situation!! But I hate seeing guys in cargo pants/shorts no matter what the situation is!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I choose 90% of my Hub's gear. Afterall, the minute we get in a shop - he stands near the doorway, hands on hips, looking bored ! What's a woman to do in that case ? He's just not into fashion - and I like that trait in him. I find his nonchalant approach to his appearance very sexy. So, he trusts my taste, and pretty much wears what I chose for him. We've been married a long time, and I think I generally make the right choices. He's a casual, cool looking guy - sometimes likened to Josh Holloway - I can't really go wrong, can I !!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I know it can be upsetting when your partner takes the 'raw essence of you' (which they love) and then try to remodel it to their own tastes.

Sometimes it can be very 'matchy-matchy'. Nobody wants to see couples wandering around wearing colour coordinated outfits and matching burberry scarves. Nor do they want to walk into a house where it's clear that has been designed only according to one person's taste. The look and image you project to the world should be a compromise, always.

Now both sexes are given to making suggestions and demands of their partners when it comes to their "look". As Buz pointed out, men love long hair on women. Sometimes men will buy lingerie that they like on their woman or be taken shopping to give advice on a sexy party dress or what bikini they like most. The thing is that when a guy does any of these things, he is seen as taking an interest in his woman and being masculine. A woman asking for her husband's opinion in the dressing room of a store is pretty much a staple scenario we've seen countless times before.

Now if a woman does these very same things, she is seen as 'emasculating' her man or being too demanding to say she prefers long hair on him, or thinks a certain shirt or pair of jeans will look really hot on him.

These are all just superficial changes for the most part, designed to spark the interest/libido of your partner, whether it's the guy gelling his hair up and putting on the trendy threads his girlfriend thinks looks hot on him or a woman growing her hair long and wearing the tight little black dress and stilettos her husband told her looks way sexier than the floral print mumu-dress and flats when she was trying them on at the store.

If you have a partner that's trying to literally change everything about you and not giving you a chance to be your own person with your own style, then I'd have a problem with it. But as long as your partner isn't being overbearing about it, I don't have a problem with this scenario.

We, as a society, just have to get over calling guys 'pussy-whipped' the minute a woman takes the reigns. Men do these things all the time. A healthy relationship should involve some give and pull between both people and lots of compromise.

Think of it as an extension of your partner saying "it would really turn me on if you did XYZ". If this was a sexual request or demand, most people wouldn't think twice. The visual foreplay of seeing your partner dressing in a way that gets your interest and libido going is all it is.

Having said that, Olivia gives full permission to say no to "bunny slippers", "pink wallpaper" and "cute" bicycles with matching white baskets in front.

If you can't veto certain things without causing the other person to explode, then there are definite underlying problems with control which can lead to a host of other problems if it's not put into check.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I bet she is not trying to change your style Buz, rather then just tweak it some. She probably thinks those jeans show off your butt a little better. And face it when it comes to matching colors most guys are clueless. And as for as your hair I am thinking it must look very sexy on you. Personally I love long hair on guys. I am trying to get my boyfriend to grow his a little longer.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm guilty of trying to guide Mr. Naughty into something other than sports wear and the same old oversized cargo pants that alot of men seem to gravitate to.
He is a goodlooking man with a fantastic body, so shoot me that I want him to look his best when we go out.

After 18 years together I have never bought him anything that I thought he would dislike but I have pushed the boundries of t-shirt and jeans to a nice shirt and lol after 18 years of trying, this past month I got him into a nice tailored pair of shorts.
And if I do say so myself YUM. His arse just looks amazing
You know the best thing of all he wears them all the time now ;)
I think the trick is to refine and not change.
I offer suggestions rather than telling, and yes, if whispering in his ear......... that I if he was to wear that shirt with those pants he wouldnt be wearing them for long because i want to rip them off him with my bare hands ....works, then I'm not above a little teasing to get what I want
Whats wrong with wanting the person we love to look amazing ?
The Linebacker
0 likes
Its time for a REVOLUTION!!!! Guys lets change our ladies styles!!! Demand ultra short mini skirts, crotchless panties, stiletto heels, fishnet stockings, see through tops and colors that don't match!!!! And that would be business & church attire! How about get them to wear camouflage spandex? Or crotchless jeans!!!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Buz
Its time for a REVOLUTION!!!! Guys lets change our ladies styles!!! Demand ultra short mini skirts, crotchless panties, stiletto heels, fishnet stockings, see through tops and colors that don't match!!!! And that would be business & church attire! How about get them to wear camouflage spandex? Or crotchless jeans!!!

[img]img]

Geeze Buz! Where the hell you been the last 40-50 years? You guys have been trying to do that to us gals forever!!!

Kisses!

Steph
The Linebacker
0 likes
Quote by 1Zratedgal

Geeze Buz! Where the hell you been the last 40-50 years? You guys have been trying to do that to us gals forever!!!

Kisses!

Steph

Truthfully Steph, my wife dresses sexy as hell without me having to ask!!!! And I am very grateful for that and I often show her my gratefulness!!!!
Lurker
0 likes
Im no Ken doll, i am a country boy who loves being outside, fishing, and all that good stuff, that boy toy crap is not for me
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Never turned any guy into a Ken doll but have a few that wouldn't mind being turned into Barbie! hehehe I love wearing slutty lingerie and sexy clothes always have since a teenager.
Bunny12

Bunny Rabbits cute and fuzzy they want to love you but they have razor sharp teeth - don't piss them off!