last reply
11 replies
2.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Hi,

I'm a newbie to Lush and found a request for men to record audio stories here in the forum. I thought it would be fun to give it a try and have my first attempt out there now.

The story I recorded is by MahlerSymphony. It's in the Straight category, and is titled "Lightning Reveals All."

[I tried to post the link here, but I guess since I'm new I can't - sorry]

Since I've never done anything like this before, and I knew absolutely nothing about sound recording until about a week ago, I would love to get some constructive criticism. As with many people, hearing my own voice sounds weird to me, so I'm not really able to make an objective assessment.

I'd like to know (from women especially) if my voice is a fit for erotic stories, or doesn't work at all. I'm not much of an actor, so any suggestions or reactions to my attempt that will help me improve if I do another one would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Jack (IdleHands)
Lurker
0 likes
May I know who do I have to thank for such request? :P
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Loved the sound effects of the lightning. Great voice. I was going to say at the beginning to slow down the reading-speed a little but you totally settled into it as you got into the story and it was really well done.

Definite encore is warranted!
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Great job, IdleHands. I am very flattered that you chose my little story for your first recording.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Oh, and the link is here:

Oops, the link isn't appearing for me, either. Well, you can go to my profile and find it there.
Lurker
0 likes
I copy pasted the title and used the Search Stories thingy biggrin
Internet Sensation
0 likes
Voice approved.
Recording, very good. Though you could try and up the recording volume a bit. I had my volume turned up to max and wouldn't have been able to make out what you said if I was a bit further away from the computer.

I hope that more people will come along and make recordings. it's nice to hear different voices out there.
Keep it up! I want to hear more.

If you get an offer to co-read with someone, would you be interested?
I'm sure there are many stories out there that would do good with both a male and female voice in them.
Lurker
0 likes
Just want to say thanks to everyone who was willing to give it a listen and provide feedback. I appreciate you taking the time and I will take your comments into consideration for my next try at it.

If anyone knows of a reletively short, male POV story that might make a good audio, let me know.

Cheers!
-Jack
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Catnip
Voice approved.

If you get an offer to co-read with someone, would you be interested?
I'm sure there are many stories out there that would do good with both a male and female voice in them.

When I was traveling all the time, I listened to audio books. The ones with both male/female readers were great...even when there were multiple characters. Being able to distinguish characters by voice sure eliminated a lot of xxx said and yyy replied etc.

The recording logistics might be difficult, but the stories would be enhanced.
Internet Sensation
0 likes
@asleep

A bit like radio theatre.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by IdleHands
Hi,

I'm a newbie to Lush and found a request for men to record audio stories here in the forum. I thought it would be fun to give it a try and have my first attempt out there now.

The story I recorded is by MahlerSymphony. It's in the Straight category, and is titled "Lightning Reveals All."

[I tried to post the link here, but I guess since I'm new I can't - sorry]

Since I've never done anything like this before, and I knew absolutely nothing about sound recording until about a week ago, I would love to get some constructive criticism. As with many people, hearing my own voice sounds weird to me, so I'm not really able to make an objective assessment.

I'd like to know (from women especially) if my voice is a fit for erotic stories, or doesn't work at all. I'm not much of an actor, so any suggestions or reactions to my attempt that will help me improve if I do another one would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Jack (IdleHands)

You sounded a little nervous to start but quickly got into it. Very nice! Love the voice. The only thing that could make it better would be a British accent. Do more please!