most important event in your life

last reply
46 replies
4.1k views
0 watchers
9 likes
Lurker
0 likes
This question can be so similar with "What is the most important "life lesson" you have learned?" asked by Dudealicious, but I wanted to ask...

What is the most important event (or moment) in your life and how did it change your life? in bad way or good way?
Lurker
0 likes
I have a few... a broken heart helped me write poetry, an invitation to another country spawned a new life and a new me...a certain song invoked within me a lifelong love of music...there were so many.
Lurker
1 like
It will be this Saturday when I graduate from Central Mich. Univ at 5pm and receive my Bachelor's of Science in Biomedical Sciences. It's been 4.5 years of hard work and I'm so happy that I finally did it!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
1. birth
2. 1st Little League home run
3. 1st kiss
4. loss of virginity
5. high school graduation
6. college graduation
7. marry college sweetheart
8. divorce college sweetheart
9. career change
10. 2nd marriage
11. 2nd divorce
12. return to 1st career
13. discover that happiness is not found in career or relationships.

I apologize that's 13. Maybe #13 is the most important. #2 & #3 are the most treasured.
You are invited to read Passionate Danger, Part II, a story collaboration by Kim and ArtMan.
http://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/passionate-danger-part-ii.aspx

Lurker
1 like
Earning my Bachelor of Arts degree, it changed my life in a good way because I achieved one of my short-term goals.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by lakelife07
It will be this Saturday when I graduate from Central Mich. Univ at 5pm and receive my Bachelor's of Science in Biomedical Sciences. It's been 4.5 years of hard work and I'm so happy that I finally did it!

A very hearty congratulations to you! Well done.Bk1um96ZRFYoFc9H
Lurker
0 likes
Tomorrow and where I take it.
Lurker
0 likes
I know it cliche but the birth of my son. That little man and his momma are all I've ever really wanted in life.
Lurker
0 likes
The sudden death of one of my best friends taught me to always value every second you have with loved ones because you never know when life will be taken away from you.
Still miss my friend terribly at times.
Lurker
0 likes
The life and death of My angel
Lurker
0 likes
the day i lost my virginity and realized what life was really all about.
Lurker
0 likes
it was this fire. every day i look out from my new house onto my burned out wreck and i say thank you. my whole life and identity was wrapped up in that house...trying to make it a home for a marriage that is beyond failed. an impossible task i guess. but i was bullheaded and determined until the universe decided to take it away. in just a few hours i lost every possession i owned. yet i have my kids and even my husband and i feel like i have more than i ever have in my life. the out pouring of support that came to hold my family up was overwhelming (three truck loads of clothes and almost 9 thousand dollars in cash and gift cards) has made me learn to receive and learn to feel profound gratitude. and while it may be cliche i have found every silver lining this cloud has had to offer.

mostly though, im going to take this as a sign. my home is gone, my identity is gone and now its time to do something else...on my own. and this time...im not even scared (well maybe a little...lol)
The Linebacker
0 likes
There are a lot of very important days with incredible events such as whatever team I was on winning a championship, graduations, signing a huge account at work, even one day that was such a huge disappointment and had a great impact, really lots of days that are important but after serious contemplation I will have to say my wedding day.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
When I was 14 I stood up to the thing that was affecting my life in the most negative way. I was very scared but I stood my ground. It flipped a switch in my brain that day. After that I felt nearly invincible. The way I talked, walked and felt had completely changed. It reminds me of when a team that has been losing a game makes a sudden comeback and the momentum completely changes. All of a sudden everything that team does is golden. I think that if the events that lead up to that day and what I did that day hadn't of happened than I would not be the man I am today. I would be more complacent with my lot in life, a follower, just another Joe.
Lurker
0 likes
The day my youngest sister died at 32. She made me promise to always live life to the full, as if each day was my last. She lived on borrowed time for twelve months before she gave up. She believed in heaven, so each day I blow a kiss up to her. She taught me to value so many little things I had previously taken for granted.
Active Ink Slinger
1 like
It is difficult to pick just one - so many htings shaped my life, and made me who I am today, so, in no particular order, here they are:
The day Miss Zurstadt asked me to sing notes she played on the piano, and I said, "They are too high, but I can whistle them," and afterward she agreed to take me on as a piano student, even though I was only four.
The day President Kennedy was shot, and they cancelled all leave and liberty at The Navy School of Music.
The day my best friend, Bobby Reidel, drowned. I was five, and I didn't make any close friends after that until I was in my twenties.
The day my high school band director told me I didn't have the drive to excel, and needed to learn to double on saxophone.
The day I earned my Professional Engineer's license.
The day my last wife left me, so I could pursue music without guilt.
The day my father said to me, "You are not in love; you are in love with the idea of being in love." (I was thirty six at the time)
The day April Henson and I almost got beat up, because she was black, and we were trying to get served in an (unbeknownst to us) all-white restaurant.
The day I played Roast Beef of Olde England on fife instead of piccolo for Admiral Morrer at the Marine Corps Birthday Dinner. (He called the bandroom the next day, and on speaker phone, thanked me, and said, "Tell your dad I said Hi."
"There's only three tempos: slow, medium and fast. When you get between in the cracks, ain't nuthin' happenin'." Ben Webster
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Piquet
The most important event in my life happens every day when I wake up to see my son smiling at me from his cot.

Oh honey. I just KNEW that you'd say your son!
Fantasy: imagination unrestrained by reality; fulfilling a need not gratified in the real world
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The day I became a father...
The day I held my best friend as he died in my arms...I miss his ability to make me laugh without effort.
The day I graduated from college because dropping out of high school in grade 9 was not the smartest move of my life...
The day my father died without answering all the questions I had for him...now I'll never know...

Every day I've had after being hospitalized with blood pressure so high, my Doctor was surprised I didn't stroke out...I've recaptured my life...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Getting on the Aeroplane 3 months ago...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The birth of my son and also being blessed with 2 wonderful grandsons
Lurker
1 like
Hard to say, there are probably two. The first was when my daughter was born -- she has always been the joy of my life. The other was when my now ex-husband left me. We had spent years trying to hold our marriage together and now after utterly coming apart it was necessary for me, despite being in my mid-forties, to grow up and becoming an independent woman.
Lurker
0 likes
Some years ago, getting my broadcasting license. It has opened many doors for me.
Senior Analyst
0 likes
I stopped drinking on September 11, 1989 and I've been continuously sober since then, 25 years and 10 days.
Getting sober has given me everything that's good in my life.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Other than being born, and discovering my clit, I would have to say it was meeting my best friend, who has literally saved my life more than once.
Lurker
0 likes
Establishing a relationship with my biological father.. it continues to be a life altering experience.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Watching 4 children being born :d/
My Stories

No Ordinary Gal

Fucked and Taken

That Special Evening
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Being given a second chance at life when i know i should not be here right now!
Believe in yourself and all things are possible
Lurker
0 likes
When my son was born smile the pregnancy was really tough and me and his father broke up, but as soon as he was born and I held him in my arms for the first time I knew life would be great from that day on.