Mixed race relationships...but not black/white

last reply
54 replies
7.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
When you think of a mixed race relationship, i personally think a black person with a white person. Do people think it's OK for white people (like me) to date a Chinese or Indian or some other coloured person? Because you don't see much of that around. I knew these two people who dated and they split up because the girls family didn't like the fact she was with a white guy. I know that's wrong, but what do you guys think???
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Not sure what things are like in England but in the United States mixed race relationships are extremely common. They are common to the point that I don't even notice it. I hardly ever look at a couple and think about how one is darker than the other or anything like that. Pretty much all of my relationships have been of mixed race. I've never really noticed a difference in how Asian, White, Hispanic parents treat me. The moms always like me and I always have a 'hey, I'm fucking your daughter' relationship with the dad and he has a 'hey, you're fucking my daughter' relationship with me.

Now that I think about it... Every single one of my stories is interracial but I forget to put that they are every time.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I agree. I'm Indian myself, and a lot of my cousins are marrying white women.
Friends of ours have daughters marrying white guys.

So the one thing about dating is that unless the families are really progressive, the Indian girl or the Indian guy will likely not take bf or gf home to 'meet the family'.

It's likely to be illicit. I dated American and Chinese girls during college. I never told my parents.

So, question if you're asking about being accepted by your girlfriend/boyfriend's family, then don't date Asian or Indian girls.

If you find them attractive, then I can tell you that Indian women date white guys very often. Actually that's not gender biased. Indian guys date white women a lot as well, and even marry them.

TD
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Im with Felix on this one, i dont really pay attention to race, well Venezuelans are all a very mixed race to beging with so wouldnt make a diference to anyone.

Here you would find more people caring about Religion than race. Like i had a few years ago a Jewish Boyfriend and im Catholic my mom wasnt that happy about it and his mom hated me and told him he could fool around with me all he wanted, but she would have to be dead for him and i to ever get married lol.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
There is only one race the human race as for ethnic groups my daughter in law is of Chinese extraction and my sister in law is a Philipino my father was Polish and my mother's nationality sort of hard to define. So I feel my antecedents reflect my attitude - to hell with flags and lines on maps etc
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I am Mexican and my wife is Filipina, which makes my daughter Mexipina... But no one in America seems to care or notice much, at least that I am aware of. It is very common in America.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Agree with Felix. Lots of my friends and co-workers are mixed race/nation marriage. Chinese-American, India-American, Japanese-Canada, Korean-Japanese...You got to admit it's not that easy to find the right one you want to get marries and spend life with, so if you're lucky enough to find one, you will stay together regardless of races and flags.
Welcome to visit my tumblr page at http://HK4167.tumblr.com for erotic arts. Or http://slice-of-moment.tumblr.com for non-erotic arts.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I personally have no problem, I have dated men that were a different race from me.

I did date an Indian guy for a couple of years, and he would never introduce me to his family or other Indian friends because he thought they would never understand him dating a white girl. I think that can be pretty common over here in England. I notice far less mixed-relationships here then in the US.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
It surprises me to hear that England has fewer mixed race couples than we do in the US, but I'll take your word for it. I purposely chose to live in a town where people are very tolerant of variations in ethnicity, so I thought my experience was more unique, but from what other Americans have been posting, I guess a lot of us have progressed. I should mention though, that it's pretty clear that rural communities tend to be less accepting of people different from themselves than those of us that live in urban or suburban environments. And first generation immigrants seem to frown upon losing ties with one's homeland more than parents who were born here do.

My family's ancestors were pale Europeans, but my last two relationships were with a (light skinned) Latina and a (dark skinned) Thai. Both were raised mostly outside US borders, but not separate from its influences. In fact, one parent from each had attended university here and both my SOs did too. However, their own acceptance of my ethnicity couldn't have been farther apart. The former introduced me to her family soon after we started dating and I was welcomed as a new son with very loving, open arms. The latter refused to even tell her parents that she was involved with another Caucasian (she had been married to one previously). Her excuse was that she didn't want her family to worry that she'd end up with a white guy again.

It turns out though, that after we broke up, the Asian did wed herself to another American of European descent. The difference between me and that guy was one of economics. He was rich, I am not. So you might want to be aware of other factors besides ethnicity as the reason your lover's family is rejecting your relationship. They may see you as inferior in status, superior culturally or just as someone too different from what they're used to. Or they may just not want anybody fucking their daughter :P
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Earthlyoblivion
I am Mexican and my wife is Filipina, which makes my daughter Mexipina... But no one in America seems to care or notice much, at least that I am aware of. It is very common in America.

An excellent observation and point. In the USA mixed race relationships is extremely common and very accepted as it should be. In fact there are so many people of mixed race ancestry that it is driving the US Census Bureau crazy as to how they will categorize people. I love that. Maybe they should just quit categorizing us. That in itself seems rather old fashioned and racist.
You are invited to read Passionate Danger, Part II, a story collaboration by Kim and ArtMan.
http://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/passionate-danger-part-ii.aspx

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by SITTING
When you think of a mixed race relationship, i personally think a black person with a white person. Do people think it's OK for white people (like me) to date a Chinese or Indian or some other coloured person? Because you don't see much of that around. I knew these two people who dated and they split up because the girls family didn't like the fact she was with a white guy. I know that's wrong, but what do you guys think???

You can't fix others, only yourself. Asking the question means it kinda bugs you. Not a negative on you personally, just something you inherited by the world around you.

Love who you want, and don't question if it's true, as long as it is, and no matter who it is.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
To me, it doesn't matter your heritage or your history, each person is so wonderfully amazing, and is so worth getting to know and enjoy!
0 likes
Having dated Black, White, Asian, Hispanic and Native American I still find the attraction is the person, not the race. Their families would often treat me different, as one would welcome a "Newbie", but I have never felt unwanted.
Accepting others is the first step in being accepted by others.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It's in the eye of the beholder. I don't believe I take more notice of a person sexually because of their race or ethnicity! But I do feel that there are some people that have some physical attributes related to their race that is sexy.

With that being said, I love the mix of our girlfriend who lives with us. She is half Asian and half South African and 100% Gorgeous! A bit exotic but completely dripping sexyness even if she tried to dress down and not wear any make up!

I do get aroused watching Hubby with her and also when he is with other women of color! But I just love people and have enjoyed seeing and being with many great people of different ethnic origins!

Kisses!

Steph
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
THERE IS ONLY ONE RACE....THE HUMAN RACE!!! I really hate this issue with a passion. Let's call this what it is: skin color and why people are so hung up about it is beyond me. I have dated people of all skin tones because it is a non-issue for me. My mother once asked me why I found black guys attractive. My answere to her was why do you find white men attractive. She said she just did. EXACTLY!!! Why does skin color matter in our society? In my family alone we have black, Asian, Pacific Islander, Latino, European, Native American, etc....

And a note to Lush, would be lovely if "interracial" wasn't a specific catagory like it is soooooo different and strange!!
Sex is not the answer. Sex is the question. "Yes" is the answer. ~Swami X

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by poizenivy
THERE IS ONLY ONE RACE....THE HUMAN RACE!!! I really hate this issue with a passion. Let's call this what it is: skin color and why people are so hung up about it is beyond me. I have dated people of all skin tones because it is a non-issue for me. My mother once asked me why I found black guys attractive. My answere to her was why do you find white men attractive. She said she just did. EXACTLY!!! Why does skin color matter in our society? In my family alone we have black, Asian, Pacific Islander, Latino, European, Native American, etc....

And a note to Lush, would be lovely if "interracial" wasn't a specific catagory like it is soooooo different and strange!!

I agree. I'm mixed myself, with two asian cultures (filipino and korean) and two european cultures (spaniard and irish).
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Race/Skin color doesn't matter to me because pussy is pussy and ass is ass to me
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by nastynate69
Race/Skin color doesn't matter to me because pussy is pussy and ass is ass to me

I lol-ed at this.

But yeah, Race/Skin is nothing to me.

I'm an Indian+Chinese+Irish dating a British+German , theres no problem at all. =)
Lurker
0 likes
I dont care about a woman race. I think most people make to much of a big deal about it. As long as two people love each other nothing else should matter.
Classified
0 likes
The colour is red! The whole black, white ..... issue is simply a red hearing.
(A red herring is a clue or piece of information which is intended to be misleading, or distracting from the actual issue.)
A relationship is about two people and their make up, what is inside.
More relevant is culture. Different beliefs, traditions etc. Not how we look, rather how we can live together.
Denouncing beauty or possibility of any sort of relationship on the non-objective basis of superficial prejudice is absurd.
There is too much hypocrisy, intolerance, bigotry and repression of ones self.
As with religion there are so many shared cores to share.
Let us work positively not negatively. Learn, share, listen.
Hear is a terrible thought, one might discover something new to both celebrate and embrace.

Love thy neighbour as thyself
Of all our inventions for mass communication,
pictures still speak the most universally understood language.

Walt Disney
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
There is only one race. My sister-in-law is a Philippino and my daughter-in-law is Chinese but from Maurtius, my mother was born in South Africa from Danish/Canadian/Spanish stock and my father was Polish. Any ethnic problems are childish - everyone should just enjoy the differences and grow up about this crap.
Classified
0 likes
There is only one race, that against time! Enjoy as much variety as you can, it is the spice of life!
Of all our inventions for mass communication,
pictures still speak the most universally understood language.

Walt Disney
Lurker
0 likes
i think its the heart and the love they feel for eachother that matters..skin color is merely for identification..we all bleed red don't we..
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think you should date/marry anyone you like. Color/Race/Religion/Sex should not be a factor, just LOVE!!

But to play devils advocate, if say a black girl marries a white guy and they have children, sometimes the kids must deal with a lot of bullshit in school, especially in some parts of the world. It is the same when a gay or lesbian couple has/adopts a child. It should not be the case, but unfortunately it is the case. So this is something you msut be ready to deal with.

Hopefully this will no longer be true someday in my lifetime!! At least it has improved somewhat.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Why should one limit themselves by race? When someone finds the most compatible person possible, everything clicks, and love arises then race of all things should not matter at all. It is time for all people to eliminate such stupid racist ideas from their thoughts. And in reality racially mixed relationships are widely accepted within American culture, so why should anyone have a problem unless they are bringing in racist ideas that arise out of their old world culture.
You are invited to read Passionate Danger, Part II, a story collaboration by Kim and ArtMan.
http://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/passionate-danger-part-ii.aspx

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
To a certain degree people of certain races do tend to stick to their own when it comes to marriage. Having said that, though, if the people do marry outside their race
they would normally be doing it of their own free will and there is nothing wrong with that. I myself am a product of a white/brown union and I didn't see or feel any
odium as a result of my parents marriage. I have been told though, that when they got married, in 1947, they did get letters pointing out the fact that Dad was a Maori.
Thankfully the world has moved on since then
Lurker
0 likes
I remember a chinese lad in primary school and I fancied him, he had the opposite to my pasty porcelain skin, I think the chinese race I fancy a lot they have very attractive faces. But knowing how I can be fussy with food, I think how your brought up as a child with food and music and language can make you be attracted to a race who you have more in common with on a long term basis. That doesn't stop me from thiking wow your so gorgeous; but not for me!
I still want a guy who I can chat to amount stuff that I know about and can have a shared common knowledge with!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't think there is anything wrong. I have been to different shopping centres in the city and I see a lot of Asian girls with Caucasian guys. It doesn't bother me what race a person is. As long as they are respectful of each other it shouldn't matter.

An old friend of mine went to China and married a lovely Chinese girl. I know of a chick who is of mixed race (father white, mother black) and she is in a relationship with a guy whose father is of British ancestory and the mother is of Jewish background.

They are happy. Plus they have cute children.
"Sexual pleasure in woman is a kind of magic spell; it demands complete abandon; if words or movements oppose the magic of caresses, the spell is broken."

Simone de Beauvoir
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Earthlyoblivion

It is very common. And thankfully people are less likely to notice. People don't notice as much when it's two people of similar skin shade. Mexican/Filipina, Asian/White, Jewish/Christian etc... i wonder if people more commonly notice when the couple is black/white? It shouldn't matter, but I bet it does in the eyes of many.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
The Linebacker
0 likes
Mixed race relationships are a piece of cake. What is tough and hard to stomach is mixed rival college relationships. I could never and would never have even considered a female that went to Georgia Tech! No fucking way! And maybe not even Auburn, Florida, Clemson, Tennessee, USC (the Cocks, not those Trojans out west), and especially Emory (aka Emeroids.)

Go Dawgs! Sic 'em! Woof! Woof! Glory to Ole Georgia! And to hell with Georgia Tech!