What did you have for lunch?

last reply
476 replies
31.2k views
1 watcher
6 likes
The Linebacker
0 likes
I just got back from lunch. I had a delicious greasy large hamburger "all the way" which down here in Atlanta means with sweet southern cole slaw, onions, ketchup, mustard and pickles on it. That along with a large order of hand cut (skin still on them) french fries and a large sweet tea. It was GREAT!
Matriarch
0 likes
Bento box, it looked something like this:

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
pumpkin bisque, salad and a homemade buttermilk biscuit - with some blueberry green tea
Lurker
0 likes
although it was a breakfast meal, I had it for lunch .... scrambled eggs (with cheese and herbs) and some left over potatoes fried up and sourdough toast with orange pekoe tea!

yummmmmm
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Beef stew and lima beans.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Lurker
0 likes
I had a slice of pizza with sausage for lunch.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Homemade chili nachos with queso cheese sauce and sour cream (making creative use of leftovers in the frig lol)
Bunny12

Bunny Rabbits cute and fuzzy they want to love you but they have razor sharp teeth - don't piss them off!
Lurker
0 likes
I never ate anything today until dinner time - I had chinese takeout - fillet of beef satay with noodles - it was DELICIOUS!!

(ate way too much though lol)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Gluten free, dairy free pizza - was awesome!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by nicola
Bento box, it looked something like this:

I don't know what a Bento box is but I want one, any chance of sending one to the UK for me, PLEASE !!!!!!!
Lurker
0 likes
chicken quesadillas ( I do well making them, not so sure about spelling them)
Lurker
0 likes
Haven't eaten yet... but after reading a few posts..I'm ravenous..can I have one of everything?
Lurker
0 likes
i forgot to eat lunch today
Lurker
0 likes
Chicken Flautas and a Best Maid Dill Pickle smile
Lurker
0 likes
it not lunch time here yet
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Today I had a turkey sandwich on wheat with swiss cheese and pickles and some Lay's Baked Potato Chips.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Today it was chicken breast, baba ghanooush and salad
The Linebacker
0 likes
Today I met several buddies at The Varsity in Atlanta. I had 2 chili cheese dogs, a hamburger, onion rings, a fried apple pie, and a Coca-Cola.

Divine Rapscallion
0 likes
Quote by Buz
Today I met several buddies at The Varsity in Atlanta. I had 2 chili cheese dogs, a hamburger, onion rings, a fried apple pie, and a Coca-Cola.

I think I gained five pounds just reading your message, lol.

How much do you have to exercise to make up for it when you indulge in such culinary indiscretion?
Maggie R
The Linebacker
0 likes
Quote by magnificent1rascal

I think I gained five pounds just reading your message, lol.

How much do you have to exercise to make up for it when you indulge in such culinary indiscretion?

I am an exercise freak, so I really do burn a lot of calories. But I may have to offset this meal with just a salad for supper and also I need to burn all that grease out of my arteries! But it sure was fun at the time.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hot damn a you folks down "south" have the best greasy, junky foods EVER! Seriously!!!

I made do with a plate of meatballs and fries at the local Ikea while waiting for my car's oil change... (no, my car is not getting serviced at Ikea, just so happens its the closest place that serves food and coffee)

-M
Lurker
0 likes
I hate you Buz. I've heard about The Varsity for years. Haven't been...YET! Gawd that looked good. I love a good chili dog and onion rings.
All things in moderation. Except wine. I heard wine is exempt in that.
Lurker
0 likes
Grilled fillets and fries
Lurker
0 likes
A Mars bar college life sucks
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Not one, but two juicy oranges.
Flat bread with turkey, havarti cheese, lettuce, tomato and pepper sandwich.
Chased down with some iced tea of course
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Red lentil and vegetable soup.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Buz just cracks me up!!!! Buz I'm going to tell on you. Buz and I email back & forth and he sometimes sends me emails about what he has eaten! Buz you better keep up all that exercise because the way you love food you'd get really fat if you ever slow down.

My lunch was a spinach salad and vegetable soup. I wish it had been a big plate of crawfish!!!!