The Worst Thing That Has Been Said To You

last reply
103 replies
12.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Seeing as there was an earlier topic for compliments, I thought that I would go the other way.

I have been chubby for most of my life and years ago a group of us at work were talking about beauty etc and I said that I had always looked after my skin, one girl turned round, looked me up and down and said "No good looking after your skin, if you don't look after your body".

I was mortified.

So what catty comments have you had said to you?
Lurker
0 likes
I have full lips and when I was a kid, I was always being teased about them. I used to get get called Mick Jagger a lot by certain people but I remember this boy in school I really liked called me it too one day. I was heartbroken and so upset by this that I cried when I got home from school.
Just no need for nastiness to others. If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by PussyGalour
I have full lips and when I was a kid, I was always being teased about them. I used to get get called Mick Jagger a lot by certain people but I remember this boy in school I really liked called me it too one day. I was heartbroken and so upset by this that I cried when I got home from school.
Just no need for nastiness to others. If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

What a sod, no need for that. We are what we are, trouble is now I have learned to foresee comments and now I sound critical of myself. No win situation!!!
Lurker
0 likes
Honestly i think i've had a lot of bad things said to me, I used to get bullied a lot.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've always been tall and skinny. I think Mommy Long Legs was the nicest name I was called. When I got older, they got meaner...
I was told by guys, fucking me would be like fucking a rake or a twig or a clothes hanger and I'd probably snap in half.
The girls were worse tho. They used to ask me, every day, how many times I barfed.
Anorexic, Bulemic, Barf Bag Princess, Chew and Spew, all kinds of mean things.
It got to the point the guidance counsellors and school nurse got involved and tried to send me off for counselling and therapy at a mental institution for my "eating disorder"

A person's weight should never matter - big or small - calling them fat OR skinny is hurtful
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by NaughtyAnn
What a sod, no need for that. We are what we are, trouble is now I have learned to foresee comments and now I sound critical of myself. No win situation!!!

This is exactly what I do.

I was bullied a lot, at all ages, so all the nasty and hurtful comments blurred together. Then there were the other comments and nicknames like Tit-tanic (I developed early), that weren't part of the bullying, but still hurt.

The worst instance I can think of was during an English lesson, a boy hurled abuse at me for about 15 minutes, 'fat', 'ugly', 'stupid', 'lazy', 'thick', and the worst thing was, no one did anything.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I came in for a lot of ignorant racist abuse when I was a kid growing up in an all white provincial town, I'm Indian by origin... there were good people there too but it took me a long time to realise that the ignorant ones knew no better!
Lurker
0 likes
There are a lot of cruel people in the world and I don't know whether it is because they think they are being superior, clever or what, but it just isn't funny.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by PussyGalour

got this, well i have a lil above average on lip size too, so yeah they're mean with calling it, and i was short too, (still actually, just not as short as i was, even a bit taller than some of them now) and was called with shorty kind of nickname. which was a bad naming. i grew up with lack of confidence til now. I know now that some guys adore me, and I shouldn't be ashamed of myself. And got a boyfriend that loves me, so I'm good. smile
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by sillyndelicious
Quote by PussyGalour

got this, well i have a lil above average on lip size too, so yeah they're mean with calling it, and i was short too, (still actually, just not as short as i was, even a bit taller than some of them now) and was called with shorty kind of nickname. which was a bad naming. i grew up with lack of confidence til now. I know now that some guys adore me, and I shouldn't be ashamed of myself. And got a boyfriend that loves me, so I'm good. smile

Glad that you have got over it now, I am now 66 and it is only recently that I have got over all of the nasty jibes and I am happy with life now.
Lurker
0 likes
I remember a lot of hurtful things... from a lot of people lol
But when I was in grade 6, I added on a lot of weight in grade 5 and 6 because of emotional problems... parents getting divorced etc.
All the guys called me names and I clearly remember being called Jigglypuff. For a while, I tried to ignore it and think.. "hey, it's because I can sing" or sumthing...
but then on my birthday, everyone in the beginning of the year draws a card and when it's your birthday you get one filled out by everyone...
when my birthdai came around, everyone signed it.. and when I looked at, I just broke down and cried because it was full of rude comments...
the teacher found out and gave them all detention... and I actually felt bad for them... oh well
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by CutiiePiie
I remember a lot of hurtful things... from a lot of people lol
But when I was in grade 6, I added on a lot of weight in grade 5 and 6 because of emotional problems... parents getting divorced etc.
All the guys called me names and I clearly remember being called Jigglypuff. For a while, I tried to ignore it and think.. "hey, it's because I can sing" or sumthing...
but then on my birthday, everyone in the beginning of the year draws a card and when it's your birthday you get one filled out by everyone...
when my birthdai came around, everyone signed it.. and when I looked at, I just broke down and cried because it was full of rude comments...
the teacher found out and gave them all detention... and I actually felt bad for them... oh well

That was really nasty of them, they were in the wrong not you.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I was told by a few people that "your a strong women and your sister is going to be just fine" when she was in the middle of dieing from stage 4 ovarian cancer which there is no cure for. People are fucking idiots and those people right after spouting those words of wisdom magically disappeared from sight go figure! That horrid episode in life showed me who my real friends are.
Bunny12

Bunny Rabbits cute and fuzzy they want to love you but they have razor sharp teeth - don't piss them off!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Bunny12
I was told by a few people that "your a strong women and your sister is going to be just fine" when she was in the middle of dieing from stage 4 ovarian cancer which there is no cure for. People are fucking idiots and those people right after spouting those words of wisdom magically disappeared from sight go figure! That horrid episode in life showed me who my real friends are.

Yes, in situations like that you definitely know who your friends are. I know this is different, but when I split up from my husband it was amazing the friends that disappeared. At least I have good ones now and hope you have as well.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My ex said my youngest son is contemptuous of me and my eldest is indifferent.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
OOps didn't realise it was a question for females only.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Jack_42
OOps didn't realise it was a question for females only.

LOL - no problem, I do things like that at times, usually because I am not concentrating.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by freakycactus
Quote by NaughtyAnn

The worst instance I can think of was during an English lesson, a boy hurled abuse at me for about 15 minutes, 'fat', 'ugly', 'stupid', 'lazy', 'thick', and the worst thing was, no one did anything.

I used to get bullied quite a lot at school and like cactus, once got about 15 minutes worth of abuse thrown at me, during which NO ONE said anything to this guy. I had quite low self esteem for a while after that and thinking about it brings it back sometimes.

The funny this is, me n my friend weren't the 'popular' girls at school although we had enough proper friends in our group. Now we've grown up, we've filled out well etc and some of the more popular ones.... well theyve gained weight and had kids biggrin Now, guys we knew from school will try it on when they see us but really.... after being ignored and/or bullied at school? Dont think so somehow
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I can relate to everyone of you here, with the name calling, the rudeness. As a child in school I used to get called all kinds so funky things because of my last name, it was Barnes so you can guess the names I was called due to that. Then I was an early developer by the time I was 9 I had to wear a bra and so then I got the hey falsie names. As my self confidence went out the window my weight went up the cruelest thing that was ever said to me was a little chant the kids in school used to sing at me.
Fatty fatty 2x4 couldnt get through the kitchen door, so her momma kept her in the Barn with
the rest of the cows.
My mother moved me from that school but it still hurt.
I'm still heavy and it took me years to realize that people only say and do nasty things to make themselves look and feel better.
It has been scientifically proven that any woman can be satisfied with only 3 1/2 inches --- and it doesn't matter if it is Visa or Mastercard
Lurker
0 likes
Damn, people/kids can be so horrible! sad

I wasn't necessarily bullied in school; however, in 4th or 5th grade we studied Greek mythology and some ass-head boy decided it would be a great idea to call me...wait for it...wait for it...Medusa because of my hair!! Grrrrrrr So, this fabulous nickname stuck around for the whole year. :( I did the only thing I could, which was ignore it and it eventually stopped. I can laugh at myself about it now, and I've gone as Medusa for a Halloween costume for a few years. That year really sucked. Funny enough, I've forgotten the names of most of the kids I went to school with during that year, but I haven't forgotten that shit's name!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
When a young man at a department store said, "Ma'am I am sorry we don't have that shoe in your size." AAARRRRGGGGHHHHH.
Lurker
0 likes
im still answering this even tho it say ask the gals (didnt notice that part till after i posted )

easy it happened to me near the end of last month. some guy threatened my by saying "I'm going to kill you"
Lurker
0 likes
Thinking back to my school days I did get teased a lot, but it has continued through my adult life and it is only since I have retired and no longer have to be in a work environment that I can now be amongst the people I choose to be with.
Lurker
0 likes
When I was 15 I had an acne problem. I tried to ignore it but I was out with friends when one of the lads from school came over to us and chatted. He turned to me and asked me if anyone had ever told me I had skin like a peach. Being naive at the time I blushed and said no. He turned to his pals and said:

"Have you ever seen the skin on a 15 year old peach?"

He walked off with his friends laughing, I went outside and cried for what felt like forever.

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Wholelottarosie
When I was 15 I had an acne problem. I tried to ignore it but I was out with friends when one of the lads from school came over to us and chatted. He turned to me and asked me if anyone had ever told me I had skin like a peach. Being naive at the time I blushed and said no. He turned to his pals and said:

"Have you ever seen the skin on a 15 year old peach?"

He walked off with his friends laughing, I went outside and cried for what felt like forever.

Little sods, hope someone was just as cruel to him one day.
Lurker
0 likes
I am sure it's not the worst thing that has been said to me but it's one of the harshest things
that has been said to me. I was in the admitting nurses station being prepped for surgery (DNC had
just found out my 3 child had died and I was 4 mo pregnant) I of course
was crying my eyes out and the nurse that was helping me get my paperwork and other
things together told me ...oh there there you're young and will have more kids you people
always have more....... I quickly stopped crying and demanded another nurse!!!
Lurker
0 likes
I have a very long list of stuff like this but ones that have stuck are: "You are the biggest disappointment. You can never do anything right. Life would be better if you werent around. No one would notice If you never showed up again. You are worthless. No matter who you are with you will always be the ugly one in the group. You are not a part of this family"
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by HunterNoel
I have a very long list of stuff like this but ones that have stuck are: "You are the biggest disappointment. You can never do anything right. Life would be better if you werent around. No one would notice If you never showed up again. You are worthless. No matter who you are with you will always be the ugly one in the group. You are not a part of this family"

Is the person who said so an idiot or what?
When the shoe is fit the feet are forgoten :Osho
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by HunterNoel

That sounds like a quote from a parent - don't get me started on that subject.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by NaughtyAnn

That sounds like a quote from a parent - don't get me started on that subject.

That sounds like a terrible parent