Why?

last reply
35 replies
3.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I was wondering why guys only seem to pay attention to the skinny pretty girls, and pretty much ignore thicker girls?

Thoughts? Opinions? Stories?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
That sure doesn't describe me. While not a 'fatty chaser' I definitely enjoy women with a bit of feminine padding.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
While that's not a universal truth - it is inescapable.

The basic answer is that pretty and slim is almost always associated with youth - lose 10lbs and people will say it's knocked years off you (the reverse is true if someone loses too much weight)

Men and women are constantly bombarded with images of beautiful slim girls: they're on magazine covers, reading the news, selling us life insurance - why? because women want to be them and men want to be with them - and the more of it we have surrounding us the more that belief is entrenched
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Lurker
0 likes
Think it depends who u r I prefer women who have some size and shape and not skinny stick insects
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by SexyBunny92
I was wondering why guys only seem to pay attention to the skinny pretty girls, and pretty much ignore thicker girls?

Thoughts? Opinions? Stories?

Let's turn this around and look at it from the other side of the table.

For every man who prefers the slender (skinny?) woman, there's a man who prefers the thicker pretty woman. You may not like his physique though. If that's the case, what's the matter with you?

Wouldn't it be boring as hell if you caught the eye of every man (or woman) on this planet?

I'm a tall skinny bastard and I have never expected to turn the head of every woman I might have found to be visually attractive to my taste buds. I also have never given it much thought beyond that.

It ain't nothing but a thang.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I can assure you that not all guys go for just the skinny girls. There are lots of men who are attracted to thicker women. There is a market out there for all sizes and shapes. There are even guys who want to try them all. And you get enough alcohol in most guys and they will try any shape, size and appearance available. Just sayin'
You are invited to read Passionate Danger, Part II, a story collaboration by Kim and ArtMan.
http://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/passionate-danger-part-ii.aspx

Lurker
0 likes
I know it's ask the guys but thought I'd add my opinion anyway...

I'm not skinny and I'm not all that pretty either - in fact I'm rather average, but I've never been short of attention from the opposite sex. I think it's more to do with personality. I mean, sure, first looks will draw the eye, but after that there has to be more to it...

If I guy isn't interested in me because I'm not skinny and gorgeous, then he's saving me the job of getting to know him in the first place, only to find out how superficial he is. That's good.

Regarding losing weight and it taking years off, actually, as one gets that little bit older, what I have seen is that losing weight can actually age you, especially if the weight goes around the face - it can leave a person looking a bit haggard - you need a wee bit of fat under the skin!! LOL (well, that's my excuse anyway!!)
Clumeleon
0 likes
I think the original assertion is bullshit - guys don't only pay attention to "skinny pretty girls". There's way too much inaccurate gender stereotyping goes on in these forums.

Yes, a slender lady with an nice figure will catch the eye, but so will someone with very striking features or a cute face or a nice round ass. And very few guys are superficial enough to not give a chunky bird the time of day. It's rarely a factor when developing feelings for someone. And for some guys, any hole's a goal.

I think the reason "thicker" girls think this is the case is because of their own insecurities. In truth, people are barely paying attention to anything or anyone most of the time. I don't even remember if my bus driver was male or female this morning.

Eesh.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by mazza

I'm not skinny and I'm not all that pretty either - in fact I'm rather average, but I've never been short of attention from the opposite sex. I think it's more to do with personality. I mean, sure, first looks will draw the eye, but after that there has to be more to it...

If I guy isn't interested in me because I'm not skinny and gorgeous, then he's saving me the job of getting to know him in the first place, only to find out how superficial he is. That's good.

Regarding losing weight and it taking years off, actually, as one gets that little bit older, what I have seen is that losing weight can actually age you, especially if the weight goes around the face - it can leave a person looking a bit haggard - you need a wee bit of fat under the skin!! LOL (well, that's my excuse anyway!!)

Also butting in here... I think you're right with all the above points, I just wanted to add that in my experience when I've questioned guys as to why they've found me attractive (being average and curvy myself) and they've mostly said to me that it has alot to do with proportion.

So yeah, I'm a UK size 12/14 but I'm pretty in proportion, boobs match my figure etc etc. I may not be the one everyone has got their eye on in a gathering, but at least I know I'm getting a guy who's more than just superficial.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I personally think all women have something about them that all men can find attractive. It could be body type, eyes, lips,legs,breast or personality so it doesnt really matter as long as the man finds you attractive. My wife and I share a pretty open relationship and I personally do not care for a walking skeleton of a woman but some do I do however love a woman who is confident and feels sexy in her own way. So quite paying so much attention too how others say you should look or feel and be yourself.......
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by LittleBambi
Quote by mazza

Also butting in here... I think you're right with all the above points, I just wanted to add that in my experience when I've questioned guys as to why they've found me attractive (being average and curvy myself) and they've mostly said to me that it has alot to do with proportion.

So yeah, I'm a UK size 12/14 but I'm pretty in proportion, boobs match my figure etc etc. I may not be the one everyone has got their eye on in a gathering, but at least I know I'm getting a guy who's more than just superficial.

Meh...neither one of you know for certain that you're not getting a man who is not superficial. What if you were to find out a few years down the road that the only reason your fellow was initially attracted to you was because of your 'average looks'. Isn't that being superficial just the same? You don't think there are men out there who prefer to target UK size 10-16 women, as that is what turns them on to the max?

I think Clum nailed it. And I think the OP tossed out a passive aggressive/derogatory bomb in her opening statement. Skinny, pretty...instead of say...slender, toned, fit. I suppose she's to be given credit for not typing: emaciated, boney or starved, along with some variation of the adjective (pretty).

Geeze Louise (that's what some of us Yanks say, Clum)
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
It's because men also think with their wallets not just their penises. I mean like when we take the skinny girl out for a meal.

Waiter: and for you miss?

Skinny girl: I'll just have a house salad with Italian dressing and some ice water. Thanks!

Me: Nice!

Waiter: and for you miss?

Bigger gal: I'll have the jalapeño poppers to start. Hmmm... A clam chowder and the steak for two for one please.

Waiter: would you like to add a lobster tail for only 19.99?

Bigger gal: Yeah, I think I'll add a lobster tail to that. Great idea.

Me: fuuuuuck....
Artistic Tart
0 likes
You'll be loving those jalapeno poppers come anal-time, Jack.

I don't necessarily eat light...but I often eat expensive.CIqzWrCIm3yfedcV
Lurker
0 likes
i'm not gonna lie i simply don't find obese girls attractive. on the contrary i don;t find anorexic girls attractive either i prefer a girl with a good shape. she can't have to much padding but i also don;t want to see ribs when we're fucking
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by LadyX

I don't necessarily eat light...but I often eat expensive.q21dP1ZDsTVKRyEI

If she's lucky.

And it's cool X, you can get the full salad bar upgrade at sizzler. I know you're a giver so it's worth it.
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix
Quote by LadyX

I don't necessarily eat light...but I often eat expensive.edgIs4BMPRGmddjZ

If she's lucky.

And it's cool X, you can get the full salad bar upgrade at sizzler. I know you're a giver so it's worth it.

Thanks, Vato. I give a lot of myself, but don't believe those DRD rumors, that was cleared up *months* ago.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale
Quote by LittleBambi
Quote by mazza

Meh...neither one of you know for certain that you're not getting a man who is not superficial. What if you were to find out a few years down the road that the only reason your fellow was initially attracted to you was because of your 'average looks'. Isn't that being superficial just the same? You don't think there are men out there who prefer to target UK size 10-16 women, as that is what turns them on to the max?

I think Clum nailed it. And I think the OP tossed out a passive aggressive/derogatory bomb in her opening statement. Skinny, pretty...instead of say...slender, toned, fit. I suppose she's to be given credit for not typing: emaciated, boney or starved, along with some variation of the adjective (pretty).

Geeze Louise (that's what some of us Yanks say, Clum)

No you're quite right, you don't know anything. I suppose what I was really trying to get at was that I'm getting a guy who thinks slightly more outside the box..... Everything is superficial down to a level anyway - I wouldn't want to be with someone who wasn't initially attracted to me by my looks alone! Even if it was my personality that sealed the deal...or maybe it was my falling drunkenly into his lap and my top slipping and uhh..
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by LadyX
Quote by Magical_felix
Quote by LadyX

I don't necessarily eat light...but I often eat expensive.w4Sz86iIoKs5JTDI

If she's lucky.

Thanks, Vato. I give a lot of myself, but don't believe those DRD rumors, that was cleared up *months* ago.

So does this mean you're immune right now? Like I can't give you mine...er I mean cool!

Like, lets just say it's not all clear though, it's cool. One less stop on the way home. No need to grab the KY jelly. I can just use some of the puss in the general area. Like how you were telling me that one time ;) I'm all worked up now.

I went there... Gross I know.
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Quote by clum
I think the original assertion is bullshit - guys don't only pay attention to "skinny pretty girls". There's way too much inaccurate gender stereotyping goes on in these forums.

Yes, a slender lady with an nice figure will catch the eye, but so will someone with very striking features or a cute face or a nice round ass. And very few guys are superficial enough to not give a chunky bird the time of day. It's rarely a factor when developing feelings for someone. And for some guys, any hole's a goal.

I think the reason "thicker" girls think this is the case is because of their own insecurities. In truth, people are barely paying attention to anything or anyone most of the time. I don't even remember if my bus driver was male or female this morning.

Eesh.

That's awesome.
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix
Quote by LadyX
Quote by Magical_felix
Quote by LadyX

I don't necessarily eat light...but I often eat expensive.abG2dmjSAmi4XdW1

If she's lucky.

So does this mean you're immune right now? Like I can't give you mine...er I mean cool!

Like, lets just say it's not all clear though, it's cool. One less stop on the way home. No need to grab the KY jelly. I can just use some of the puss in the general area. Like how you were telling me that one time ;) I'm all worked up now.

I went there... Gross I know.

you pig. Oh well, let's go.
Lurker
0 likes
I am a curvy girl and I have never had issues with men not being attracted to me. In fact I have had many men tell me that they like my curves. Not every man is going to be attracted to ever woman. I am not attracted to men with long hair or facial hair that is my preference and I don't think it makes me a bad person. To each their own.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by LittleBambi
Quote by mazza

I think LittleBambi is right on with her proportion point, and this is coming from a guy who is on record has having a skinny girls fetish (like Keira Knightley)... I have been attracted to all kinds of girls, even up to small BBW body type. It's about proportion and the total package in the end.

Of course my liking all kinds of women could be cuz I am a man whore...

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Slow_Curves_Ahead
I am a curvy girl and I have never had issues with men not being attracted to me. In fact I have had many men tell me that they like my curves. Not every man is going to be attracted to ever woman. I am not attracted to men with long hair or facial hair that is my preference and I don't think it makes me a bad person. To each their own.

What about short, fat, bald guys? I'm not fussy when it comes to sizes though the anorexic type don't really turn me on.
"Hey, don't knock masturbation! It's sex with someone I love." Woody Allen

"I am willing to admit that I may not always be right, but I am never wrong." Samuel Goldwyn
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by tubby1961
Quote by Slow_Curves_Ahead

What about short, fat, bald guys? I'm not fussy when it comes to sizes though the anorexic type don't really turn me on.

Short, fat, and bald wouldn't bother me in the least. I find the mind and personality the most attractive features of a man. What attracted me to the bf was his laugh. He ran into me knocked me flat on my bum. Spilt my tea all over me. I scolded him and he started laughing. As soon as he laughed and smiled it was all over I couldn't think straight. He went with me while I changed my shirt and then bought me a cup of tea.
Lurker
0 likes
Is that not what happens when guys are younger...they want the model look alikes??? and then as they get older other factors become more important?
The Linebacker
0 likes
Most people have their personal preference, some people will take anything that has a pulse.

Personally I do have a certain look that really gets me going the most that includes body shape, height, legs, and facial structure. I guess my wife fits that bill the best of anyone I have ever seen so maybe that's why she is my wife! Who the hell knows why she chose me? haha

(it does not mean that other women that don't fit that look perfectly even that close and all are not attractive to me, its just that I have a favorite 'turn me on the most' look.)

My newest story, "College Sexscapades" is now posted.

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/group-sex/college-sexscapades.aspx
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by SexyBunny92

I could turn this around and ask why girls why the girls only pay attention to the rich, blonde, football player types with shiny new Camaros, and pretty much ignore the rest; and yes, this was pretty much the way it seemed when I was in high school ....

The simple answer is that some do, but not all.

Some guys like the tall skinny girls, just like some women like the body builders, but I much prefer more the Jane Russel type over the Twiggy type

The sexiest woman I have ever met was 5'1" and 140 pounds. Looks-wise, she was fairly average for a 40-something housewife, but she had soft curves in all the right places and an inner sparkle that blew me away.
Lurker
0 likes
For me personally, I hate petite girls. If it feels like I'll break her in half, then that is a turn off. I love a thick girl, but BBWs turn me off as well. I love a girl with curves, not rolls.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
For me its not if your thin or thick its your curves.
Lurker
0 likes
I'm from florida so i always looked at thicker women its like this saying i have she needs to have some meat on her bones i need something to hold on to cuddle up on a nice ass to squeeze but hey dont get me wrong smaller women also are just as attractive i guess i could say could be the location your in that they just fancy smaller over thicker