Open relationships?

last reply
13 replies
1.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Many men I talk to and meet say they like the idea of an open relationship in where you are both free to have sex and play with whomever you want but always come back to your gf/wife afterwards and keep sex outside the relationship as recreational fun. But really are most men that liberated? Is it more one sided, and they love the idea of going off and fucking somebody else, but get jealous with the thought of your lady doing so? What is your opinion on recreational sex when attached and open relationships?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
There's a lot of variables. I was in one for a while. My ex and I went open as part of heading in different directions. We still care for each other, and we slept and fucked together when we were both around but we both had other sexual interests so that's probably not the kind of relationship you're talking about.

Sexual jealousy is not a big thing with me, I'm more concerned with emotional loyalty. I'm not terribly concerned if she chooses to play as long as it's only play.
Clumeleon
0 likes
I couldn't be in an open relationship.

"I'm a one-woman guy, a home-loving type; all complete with slippers and pipe."
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've never been in one but I think it would be very tricky to be truly open and truly without jealousy and angst. I think if I really loved a woman deeply enough to want her to be my partner I would feel afraid of losing her to a "better man". An open relationship with a "fuckbuddy" - not a deep emotional relationship - would be a different matter.
Lurker
0 likes
I am the odd one, I love the idea of my woman fucking other men
I will do women in a threesome if she wants
Lurker
0 likes
For me, and I am sure with a lot of other guys out there too, the sound of an Open Relationship sounds very very appealing until you think of your girl getting railed by another guy. Then it doesn't sound very appealing anymore!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I personally don't like the idea of an open relationship. I think for some men it's knowing that more than just one woman wants to have sex with you is a huge ego boost and that's what they are going for, whereas with their wife or girlfriend, the idea of them sleeping around starts to make them think "Hey, she's going to another man for sex, does that mean that I am not any good? Is he bigger than me? Does he know how to satisfy her in a way that I don't?" Then, say for instance both partners agree to an open relationship, it is inevitable that if it goes on for long enough, weeks, months, even years, they WILL start to develope feelings for the person(s) they're fucking on the side, which will lead to a serious road bump in the relationship if it doesn't destroy it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I totally believe in open relationships as long as both parties agree
The Linebacker
0 likes
We once talked about and actually tried some swapping but we have decided monogamous will be much healthier. We are both much happier about that decision.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The idea is intriguing much more than the actual act I'm sure, but am very curious
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by PersephoneMills
Many men I talk to and meet say they like the idea of an open relationship in where you are both free to have sex and play with whomever you want but always come back to your gf/wife afterwards and keep sex outside the relationship as recreational fun. But really are most men that liberated? Is it more one sided, and they love the idea of going off and fucking somebody else, but get jealous with the thought of your lady doing so?

Damn...you seem to know me so well.....have we met before?
Lurker
0 likes
It wasn't until the past year that I even considered an open relationship. This one play partner I had was in an open relationship, and it worked so well for them. When I first met him, I thought there was no way she would be cool with this, she was just insecure and didn't want to loose her husband. But I met her quite a few times, and she was so happy. You could tell they trusted each other completely. Just as he had his play partners she had hers. It was amazing how open they were to each other. I had even found out that she had picked me out for him to play with.

I am very up in the air if this could really work for me. My most recent relationship, I went into it letting him know I wanted an open relationship. He was all for it. I had all ready developed a circle of play partners, and he did not have any. I felt bad as I would go out and get fucked by someone else while he was home watching TV and getting stoned. We tried to find play partners for him and I even tried to involve him in my rendez vous as he was bi, but declined. He and I had amazing sex, but then within only 2 months of the relationship, he no longer wanted to have sex with me. He said he went through phases like that, but deep down I was pretty sure it was because I was with other people. I asked him if it was the open relationship, and he said it wasn't, I believed him at first but then he would go days without contacting me. We did eventually break up but still remain good friends. And to this day he says he was not jealous and he liked having an open relationship, but I don't think I believe him.

Maybe the best thing to do when entering an open relationship is to be monogamous in the beginning, then start to play together as a couple with other people and then branch off out on our own, and not just jump into an open relationship. The idea excites me, and I love the idea that my man is going out and having sex with someone else, and I know he will always come back to me, that these other girls or guys, are just playthings. But I know in real life that there can be so many mixed emotions, and there is a chance of one of us falling in love with someone else. But the way I see it is that if you are just having sex with someone then there is no chance to fall in love, you have to be friends with someone to fall in love with them, but if you just are having sex with someone and nothing more, there should not be an opportunity to get to know someone outside of the bedroom. Ok now I am just rambling on.

I must say,I was expecting more responses to this question from the men, and I expected more men for open relationships. Interesting.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by PersephoneMills
It wasn't until the past year that I even considered an open relationship. This one play partner I had was in an open relationship, and it worked so well for them. When I first met him, I thought there was no way she would be cool with this, she was just insecure and didn't want to loose her husband. But I met her quite a few times, and she was so happy. You could tell they trusted each other completely. Just as he had his play partners she had hers. It was amazing how open they were to each other. I had even found out that she had picked me out for him to play with.

Personally I feel the key to any relationship is complete trust.

I don't think I would like to be in a relationship that was not open. That being said.
Sexually open and each going out and have play partners of their own, does not appeal to me.
Sexually open and being involved together and sharing play mates, is very appealing.
Lurker
0 likes
In our marriage, an open relationship was probably the only way. My wife is bi and usually has a girlfriend. Sometimes, that leads to a hot threesome, but many times she goes over to her place and they have sex alone. And it's usually a sleepover. So the deal was that if she's having sex, I should be free to have sex. This was particularly pleasing to both of us as I have some fetishes for types of women that she does not want to be involved with. It always seemed that Wednesday evenings would be "ladies night". I flirted and made fuckdates for those nights, usually a sleepover in a hotel. I usually hooked up with women from my place of work. There were many that made me grow...