Words you dislike...

last reply
379 replies
19.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
What word do you not like, could be any word for a particular reason, or for no reason at all. For some reason I really don't like the word moist. I don't know why, but I just don't lol Just like I also dislike the word stoked. What words do you not like?
Lurker
0 likes
whatever - Reminds me of Nuremburg Trials where it was: "I was following orders"
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
yep ..will have to agree with SG ..tho i use the word myself lol hugglesmmwah

nothing ..as an answer to a question when they have a lot to say

'..May the Lord watch between you and me when we are absent from one another..' Gen31:49 😇

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Any racial slur or stereotype
Sex is not the answer. Sex is the question. "Yes" is the answer. ~Swami X

Lurker
0 likes
because I can - again Reminds me of Nuremburg Trials where it was: "I was following orders"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Head Nurse
0 likes
stupid. i can handle ignorant (you can change that). stupid is a different kind of insult.
Lurker
0 likes
the words don't matter it is the context. say i got to shit, ok, call me a shit bad. say i love cunt good, call me a cunt bad, say let's fuck good say fuck you bad and so on
Lurker
0 likes
ha there are a few words I don't like...

Episiotomy

Flattus

discharge
Head Nurse
0 likes
apreciate - i can never spell it right!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i dislike homophones. lol
"When it comes down to it, I let them think what they want. If they care enough to bother with what I do, then I'm already better than them." -Marilyn Monroe
Head Nurse
0 likes
i dislike hearin 'explosive diarrhea" or "positive for c-diff" lol!
Weaver of Words
0 likes
Quote by slutpuppy
the words don't matter it is the context. say i got to shit, ok, call me a shit bad. say i love cunt good, call me a cunt bad, say let's fuck good say fuck you bad and so on

I agree with ginger. many times it is not the actual word, but the context. however the actual words i hate the most right now are
"Are you sitting down? I have something to tell you."
that was what was said to me just before being informed my SO had passed away.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by adele
Quote by slutpuppy

I agree with ginger. many times it is not the actual word, but the context. however the actual words i hate the most right now are

I totally agree. Its how it is being used. Nothing more offensive then being called a cunt. Actually dont really like the word in any context, pussy sounds so much more "inviting"!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Nikki703
Quote by adele
Quote by slutpuppy

I totally agree. Its how it is being used. Nothing more offensive then being called a cunt. Actually dont really like the word in any context, pussy sounds so much more "inviting"!!

Very much agree! Using the word "cunt" to tell a story is fine by me, but calling a woman that makes me questions someones true feeling for a woman, its truly the most degrading thing to call a woman in my opinion. I also absolutely despise the "N"word (the word used to describe black people) another degrading word to use no matter what race you are!

There is a thin line between bravery & stupidity.......Don't cross it!
Take time to live, love and dream!!
You have been a naughty boy.........Now go to my room!!!
Lurker
0 likes
I don't like the word "Dear" as in "yes, dear" and "How are you, Dear." Always seems very condescending to me for some reason. I find it particularly irksome on Lush.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Pathetic, hate, and the phrase "my bad."
Lurker
0 likes
cacophonous. i don't know why, it just annoys me. same with thus. to me, thus makes the speaker sound like a pompous ass.67wslYclP7VmDqDG
Lurker
0 likes
Comfortable
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by ToXiCFuN84
Quote by Nikki703
Quote by adele
Quote by slutpuppy

Very much agree! Using the word "cunt" to tell a story is fine by me, but calling a woman that makes me questions someones true feeling for a woman, its truly the most degrading thing to call a woman in my opinion. I also absolutely despise the "N"word (the word used to describe black people) another degrading word to use no matter what race you are!

Strawberry is absolutely correct
Lurker
0 likes
3 or 4 syllable words when unneccessary...like erudition...just say training..and agree with bright women above..
Lurker
0 likes
ignorant
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Supercallifragilisticexpiallidocious

Ok joking. I hate, absolutely HATE the word Bubba, it is what people where I live call at least half of the male population. I'm starting to wonder why people down here even name their sons! Oh then there's chitlins, nothing appetizing about that one.
Really, sex and laughter do go very well together, and I wondered - and I still do - which is more important.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I hate any word that is used in a way that is not making remotest sense at all...... and used again... and yet again...(.no point in giving examples as a retard will stay a retard come what may)
Weaver of Words
0 likes
i don't really care for any words that are used to cause hurt to another person, regardless of how innocent they are on there own.
Lurker
0 likes
scratch

I just always think of a chalkboard and cringe!!
Lurker
0 likes
Hun or honey, especially when used by a clerk, waitress or someone I don't know
Lurker
0 likes
Hate, especially when used against a person directly. It is a word that implies total disdain towards another human being and suggests no chance of redemption. You may hate a particular act or event, but in most cases, I find it unnecessary to hate the person themselves.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i hate to hear G.D. anytime
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Dwin
Hun or honey, especially when used by a clerk, waitress or someone I don't know

I agree with this one too. It's a pet peeve of mine.

Another word for me is "whilst".

A phrase would be "having said that". Sounds to me like they want to agree and disagree at the same time. Can't make up their mind or form an opinion of their own.