Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

If you could speak any language which would it be? And nice phrases in that language?

last reply
105 replies
9.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I want to a learn a language or at least dabble. I like the sound of french and italien but i dont think they are the most useful in the current world.

I was just wondering what language you guys would like to speak and why? Or maybe you already do?

Got any nice phrases in that language? I only know a few ive picked up from TV n stuff.
Its not who i am, but what i do that defines me.
Clumeleon
0 likes
I used to know a reasonable amount of German, but I let it slip. I'd love to be able to speak fluently and then I would have the option of living in Germany, which I have often though about.

EDIT: Incidentally, I have a German-English dictionary of swear words ('Pardon My German').

I would also like to learn Gàidhlig, just because I love everything Scottish. Probably one of the least useful languages still alive today.

I did a little Italian in school, it's quite easy to pick up (in my opinion) but I was too busy then to put any real effort into learning it. It's the kind of language that makes a lot of sense, grammatically and stuff.

Best of luck with whatever you decide to learn.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Jingle
I'd love to learn Gaelic too, even if it only helps to keep it alive. smile

Me to part cause I'm Irish myself but as said keeping it alive.
“I'm not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I'm not looking for the secret to life.... I just go on from day to day, taking what comes.”~Frank Sinatra~
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Greek I know some words. Mostly swear words giggles. Anyway most people learning a new language will always remember the swear words. Here's a few Greek words.

Malaka,,,, masturbation.

sugamisutamatin,,,, FCK you eyes. To me this one makes no sense.

Agamisu,,,, Fck off

Pusti,,,, Gay. Not a swear word

Tizmanastocolos,,, Your mom ass. Ooops sorry you ask.

I have more but I think I will stop here for now
Head Nurse
0 likes
I know some french. 4 yrs in high school. For a long time i figured it wasnt very applicable irl. However, now that I live in fl I encounter fairly regulary people who speak some form of french.(haitian, creole, ect) while i am not fluent, i know enough to communicate smile

I would like to also have a functional knowledge of spainish to be able to communicate the same way with those of my patients who are do not communicate well in English.
Lurker
0 likes
Hindi

i love you baby मैं तुम्हें प्यार बच्चा
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've always wanted to learn Russian, or Gaelic. One of my uncles speaks Gaelic and I have to admit, the language is hot!!

Russian phrase - You turn me on - Вы включаете меня
Really, sex and laughter do go very well together, and I wondered - and I still do - which is more important.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
How I would love to finally learn english!

Seriously, I speak French and English almost flawlessly, then some italian, spanish and german. I want to work on my german and italian. German to talk to a pretty girl, and italian to communicate better with my second family!

And russian, because of my spy mission in Moscow to retrieve sensitive documents that were stolen from my bedroom.
The Linebacker
0 likes
Outer space alien. Maybe German, but not for the nice phrases...
Lurker
0 likes
I speak:
- German (perfectly - but then again I live in Germany)
- French (It's rusty but I can convey what I want to say.)
- English (okish for a 3rd language)
- Latin (Ok, speak may not be the right word here... more like being able to understand and translate it. But I am great at that!)
- Spanish (Just the basics, really. Hi, my name is.../How are you?/What time is it?/blah blah blah)

I want to learn:
- Portuguese
- Cantonese (dialect of Chinese - to impress one of my best friends)

Quote by rudyP34
I want to work on my german and italian. German to talk to a pretty girl, and italian to communicate better with my second family!

You're such a kid. Let the pretty girl (you knew I'd read this... blushes) improve her French and you won't have to learn German?
Seriously, German grammar is a bitch and you know I'll make fun of you for every mistake you're going to make silly

I'd love to teach anyone except for rudyP34 though... should be fun.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Mandarin and or Vietnamese would be useful because I'd like to visit that part of the world some day, and to be able to at least understand a little of the language of the land would be very useful. But for now, I'd like to polish both my Spanish and French to the point where I'm as fluent in both as I am in English.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by LeFabuleuxDestin
Quote by rudyP34
I want to work on my german and italian. German to talk to a pretty girl, and italian to communicate better with my second family!

You're such a kid. Let the pretty girl (you knew I'd read this... blushes) improve her French and you won't have to learn German?
Seriously, German grammar is a bitch and you know I'll make fun of you for very mistake you're going to make silly

I'd love to teach anyone except for rudyP34 though... should be fun.

Why am I not allowed to improve my german while you improve your french? German grammar may be a bitch, but I'm kinda smart, you know. Just admit it, you want to save german for when you're speaking behind my back, right? It won't work. I won't allow it!
Lurker
0 likes

I'll make fun of you for very mistake you're going to make silly

I believe you mean't to say: for (e)very mistake you going to make.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Garza

I'll make fun of you for very mistake you're going to make silly

I believe you mean't to say: for (e)very mistake you going to make.

Oh wow, this is extremely embarrassing. I need to start rereading what I write before I hit send.
I swear the "very" was just a typo, though. And it still is "you're".
Also, there is an unnecessary apostrophe in your post - can you spot it? :p
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by rudyP34
Why am I not allowed to improve my german while you improve your french? German grammar may be a bitch, but I'm kinda smart, you know. Just admit it, you want to save german for when you're speaking behind my back, right? It won't work. I won't allow it!

If I want to talk bad about you behind your back, me and my friends can still resort to Latin and/or German slang.
I know you're a genius - you don't have to try to prove that by talking to me in 3 languages. In fact, that would be sort of confusing.
Lurker
0 likes
If I could, I would want to speak french.

Je veux passer la reste de ma vie avec vous

Clumeleon
0 likes
German grammar is a bitch

The grammar was my favourite thing about learning German. So regimented.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
latin because it's the basis of most of today's modern languages... and i don't know much sad
Wild at Heart
0 likes
It's a toss up between Japanese and French. They are both very interesting languages and culture to me. Would love to go to these places knowing the language. Plus how cool would it be to pick up your phone in the middle of a conversation with someone and start talking in Japanese then just shrug it off like it's an everyday thing while your friend sat there with a 'WTF' look on their face.
Lurker
0 likes
I would love to speak Spanish, Italian, and Chinese because I hear those languages all the time in New York.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by rudyP34

If I want to talk bad about you behind your back, me and my friends can still resort to Latin and/or German slang.
I know you're a genius - you don't have to try to prove that by talking to me in 3 languages. In fact, that would be sort of confusing.

I don't necessarily want to talk to you in 3 languages. I want to understand you in your native language, that's all. I know most, if not all, of your relatives speak the other languages I speak, but I consider it simple courtesy to be able to communicate in german. Especially when you take me on a tour of germany. I will need it. I realized when I was in Switzerland that my german sucks. But, of course, back then, I had no idea they actually spoke portuguese, so...
0 likes
Based on this...Most spoken languages in the world 2011

It would have to be Chinese and Spanish.

Besides there are a few similar languages to Spanish. Italian, Portugese, and French to name a few have similar words and grammar. I have been told once you are fluent in one, you can pick the others up quite rapidly.
The night that changed my life, a four part series of a married man lusting after his co-worker

[URL=http://www.lushstories.com/stories/reluctance/the-night-that-changed-my-life-1.aspx][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/WPPsy.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Clumeleon
0 likes
Quote by Dudealicious
I have been told once you are fluent in one, you can pick the others up quite rapidly.

A teacher at my high school (fluent in four languages and learning another) told me there was an art to language learning. Once you've fully mastered one (besides from your native language) then others become much more easily accessible, and not necessarily just if the languages are similar. This is probably why many people are multi-lingual rather than just bilingual.

The romance languages that you mentioned are all deeply rooted in Latin so yes, learning one makes learning another much easier (or better yet, learn Latin). The same can be said of Germanic languages (English, German, Dutch, Scandinavian languages, etc.).

I think learning a language with a whole different alphabet, like Russian or Arabic, is extremely admirable. More impressive yet is when 'Westerners' learn an oriental language, because of the fundamental differences from our own, rather than just different words to mean the same thing.

Language is fascinating.
0 likes
Quote by clum
The romance languages that you mentioned are all deeply rooted in Latin so yes, learning one makes learning another much easier (or better yet, learn Latin). The same can be said of Germanic languages (English, German, Dutch, Scandinavian languages, etc.).

Thanks Clum, I would find no need to learn a language that is rarely used anymore but I appreciate the advice.
The night that changed my life, a four part series of a married man lusting after his co-worker

[URL=http://www.lushstories.com/stories/reluctance/the-night-that-changed-my-life-1.aspx][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/WPPsy.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Clumeleon
0 likes
Quote by Dudealicious
Thanks Clum, I would find no need to learn a language that is rarely used anymore but I appreciate the advice.

I agree, to an extent. One of my friends studies Classics at university and we're always ripping on her for wasting her time on dead languages. I just meant that, from the point of view of learning new languages, a good grounding in Latin would probably stand you in good stead.

I wouldn't go out of my way to learn Latin now, but I sometimes wish it had been compulsory at school, as it was once upon a time.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well my English is okay, my Cantonese spoken is not too bad. I'd want to learn Putonghua ("peeyow leng" means "very beautiful" in Putonghua, so Amelie applies....in Cantonese--which is much harder to learn than Putonghua we say "ho leng". Cantonese has 9 tones (if we include the two "clipped" tones) where Putonghua only has 4 tones. Several of my favorite pop singers sing in Putonghua, including Jay Chou and some of my favorite films are in Putonghua, especially those by Zhang Yimou such as "Not One Less", "The Road Home" and "Raise the Red Lantern".
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Dudealicious

you're calling me extinct...? that is not what you said the other night...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I would absolutely love to learn Gaelic. Partly because I come from an Irish background, and partly because I'm absolutely intrigued and fascinated by the sound of it. It sounds beautiful and it's not something you hear often anymore. I'm also quite in love with the Italian language and would put that as my close second.
Any fellow Lushers feel like giving me a lesson?