last reply
22 replies
2.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Matriarch
0 likes
Which book would it be?

Let's assume they don't make a total hash of it...
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Sh*t My Dad Says
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Lurker
0 likes
The Stephanie Plum series I just loved. Awesome if you're looking for a fun read..would make great movies.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by LittleMissBitch
The Stephanie Plum series I just loved. Awesome if you're looking for a fun read..would make great movies.

Actually, they are working on a film right now - Starring Katherine Heigl.

http://www.movieinsider.com/m1037/one-for-the-money/

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by sprite
Quote by LittleMissBitch

ohhh yayyyyy!!! but i was hoping for Sandra Bullock! oh well. such a great series!

p.s..i watched Tangled yesterday for the first time and totally thought of you!! smile
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by LittleMissBitch
Quote by sprite
Quote by LittleMissBitch

ohhh yayyyyy!!! but i was hoping for Sandra Bullock! oh well. such a great series!

p.s..i watched Tangled yesterday for the first time and totally thought of you!! smile

lol - hopefully, not for the last time - i intend to get EVERYONE here hooked on it :)

ok, so... first off, i want to see a series, ala Harry potter - the Wonderland books - all of them - there's like a million (ok, more like 15) but i'd love to see them all in movie form, and perhaps a little bit more adult and darker? i just love the stories - sometimes i wish i'd been a film maker, i think i'd be a good one - sort of a Tim Burtony-Terry Gilliamy-David Lynchian type!

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by sprite
Quote by LittleMissBitch
Quote by sprite
Quote by LittleMissBitch

lol - hopefully, not for the last time - i intend to get EVERYONE here hooked on it :)

ok, so... first off, i want to see a series, ala Harry potter - the Wonderland books - all of them - there's like a million (ok, more like 15) but i'd love to see them all in movie form, and perhaps a little bit more adult and darker? i just love the stories - sometimes i wish i'd been a film maker, i think i'd be a good one - sort of a Tim Burtony-Terry Gilliamy-David Lynchian type!

ooo yesss...i love the dark side of fairy tales. mmmm would love to see the dark side of you up on a big screen ;)
Lurker
0 likes
Pastoralia by George Saunders.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Anything by Thea Devine. They're so raunchy and dirty but still have a good plot... I think they would make great films. smile
Right there. Oh yeah baby. Right there.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale
Sh*t My Dad Says

There is an american sitcom based on that called the same. It has ermm the dude from star trek who played Kirk in the sixties
Lurker
0 likes
It was, Anne Rice; Queen of the Damned. It was turned into a movie, and then Hollywood got a hold of it. The proposed history in that book, the lineage, the parts of the book that shows the true diversity in those that are damned and how they came to be and what they did with that experience.

Unfortunately, the female lead died in a plane crash, the sound track was overproduced, and the characters were severally under developed.

Such a great piece of writing, in my view, and it was .

I vote for a re-do.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I would have asked that the George R.R. Martin "Fire and Ice" series be turned into movies.

But HBO made it into a TV series! Great so far (Game of Thrones.)
An old favorite story of mine: The Chaise Lounge
Lurker
0 likes
1984- George Orwell
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by Dolpha732
1984- George Orwell

They made one! It was okay, not great.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The Day After Tomorrow, by Allan Folsom. This book has nothing to do with the 2004 movie.
Lurker
0 likes
Birdsong = Sebastian Faulkes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The Hollow Chocolate Bunnies of the Apocalypse by Robert Rankin
Lurker
0 likes
The Stand by Stephan King

That crap they made and put on TV sucked.

The War of the Worlds by H.G.Wells

Not the Tom Cruise mess or the 1960s one. But a better one that follows the book/books with all the high tech CGI stuff we have, it could be interesting.

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
I loved the old black & white version. As long as they don't get people like Jolie/Pitt to do it. I'd like some unknowns that can Really act.
Lurker
0 likes
Yup, it funny, any time King is actually part of the production, the movie of his book sucks. But when he has nothing to do with it, it totally rocks. I can't explain it, it just happens.
Lurker
0 likes
I'm looking forward to seeing how King's, The Dark Tower movies turn out. With Ron Howard directing I am hopeful also I've had a lot of fun 'casting' the movie with my friends...
They seem to have run into some problems, but hopefully it will happen...
Lurker
0 likes
Grift Sense by James Swain
0 likes
"Uhuru" which is the Swahili word for 'freedom by Robert Ruark in 1962 would be my choice.

He earlier wrote "Something of Value" which became a movie in 1957 with Rock Hudson, Dana Wynter and Sidney Poitier.

Both of these books had a profound effect on my life and my values.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Does TV series count? I could totally see Chelsea Handler's two books 'Chelsea Chelsea bang bang' and 'Hi Voldka it's me Chealsea' turn into TV series. It will be kind of like 'Two and Half men', the main character is an alcohol/drug/sex addict, except she's a sexy blonde.
Welcome to visit my tumblr page at http://HK4167.tumblr.com for erotic arts. Or http://slice-of-moment.tumblr.com for non-erotic arts.