Great Film Scenes

last reply
446 replies
43.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Post a great film scene, or maybe just one that you like, for whatever reason.

This one's from Thank You For Smoking. One man, a lobbyist for 'big tobacco', is delivering a cash payoff to the former "Marlboro Man" spokesperson, who now is angry and is lashing out at the tobacco industry because he's contracted lung cancer after decades of smoking.

The is a masterful sales job...even if he's not selling anything. He's buying the guy's silence.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Notting Hill when she says "Im just a girl standing in front of a boy asking him to love her" what can i say im just a hopelessly romantic

Lurker
0 likes

I've posted this in zafia loads of times but I love this scene. It begins with the lead singer having a bad come down.The rest of the band is pissed off with him. Everyone feels awkward/angry/resentful etc you can tell from the looks on people's faces. In fact this is so bloody well acted because they don't have any dialogue. They get on the bus and tiny dancer comes on, one of the guy starts singing and the rest pitch in. They forget their worries and anger and just enjoy the music. I've always believed in the power of music and how it brings people together. I've been too loads of festivals and gigs where strangers of different race/creed/belief are bought together due to the love of music.It's in that moment when you turn and grin at them and they grin back. There is no politics,no anger,no agenda just pure camaraderie as you sing along to a song...
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I love this interplay between Julie Delpy and Ethan Hawke in Before Sunrise...

Lurker
0 likes
Someone shared this with me once. It's from Truly Madly Deeply...He died and is a ghost.She realises that he wasn't perfect. She wants to move on and stop clinging to the past..she has the realisation anyways.I love it because he quotes poetry to her. Plus I absolutely adore Alan Rickman in this.

Lurker
0 likes
No dialogue needed.

Flirtatiously Fluttering
0 likes
Only your real friends know how to make you laugh during an emotional breakdown...
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by eviotis

That clip was amazing. It made me tear up. I'm going to watch this.
Lurker
0 likes

I don't want to be like no Mexican!
Huh-uh. If you think for one minute
I want to spend all fucking day
pulling up weeds and mowing lawns,
you got another thing coming.
A la chingada con eso!
I don't want to be like Irene.
I don't want to be like Paco.
Most of all, I don't want to be like you!

They were from two different worlds.
To my father, there was dignity in work.
He crossed the bridges every morning
to work to support his family.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hating each other is never the answer

Lurker
0 likes

If you like being creeped out without quick edits, and lots of dumb dialogue, here 'ya go.

BTW, American History X, is an incredible movie.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
There are a lot of scenes I would have chosen from this film, however most of them aren't on youtube. This is from the very intense film Candy starring Heath Ledger and Abbie Cornish. The movie is about two people that are as addicted to each other as they are on their drug of choice (heroin), and the movie follows their relationship as it alternates between states of oblivion, self-destruction, and despair. This is one of the later scenes as Candy's spiral into madness is finally revealed to Dan in the form of a poem.

Constant Gardener
0 likes

Those fcking arseholes. You'd think they'd want to promote their stuff, when other people are doing all the work for 'em...for free.XWsr7cfthlbHHImB
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have never being in to hard drugs and after i saw this movie i was really not into hard drugs! This is the final scene of a great movie that leaves your heart beating fast and paranoid.

Constant Gardener
0 likes
Yeah, he's a moody SOB, but he's often a helluvanactor

Alright, I had to splice 'em together...is that cheating?
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Constant Gardener
0 likes
These are easier to find, when you can snip & clip and post your own choices to youtube.

Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale

Those fcking arseholes. You'd think they'd want to promote their stuff,
when other people are doing all the work for 'em...for free.BYXeTYiacqY60nGc

You gotta be logged into your youtube account to watch it, now...since I've made it private:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_MTAs1V6p4
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
This is just hilarious. Hey, real men can buy feminine products with confidence! LOL!

Check out my tumblr and follow me: indecentespresso
Lurker
0 likes

A laugh at hell and high water. A movie turned T.V. show that lasted 11 years. The song sung became the theme song. Just a scene about times when all around laugh and a few take serious, been there, and none had to do that. It's life, continue, no matter the subjective view.

BTW, the dude in the coffin get's schtupped by some hot nurses later, so he recovers as all men would do. thank you ladies.
Lurker
0 likes

BTW, the greasy bald guy, he wrote all the songs basically. Tim Curry, and Susan Sarandon are the bomb.

Boosh!!!
Lurker
0 likes

If you really want to learn story telling, read/view some Mike Nichols. Just my two cents.