Login

So, I'm watching Total Recall from 1990

last reply
4 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Constant Gardener
0 likes
And in every scene, I am thinking...this movie is holding up pretty well, 22 years later. Verhoeven was about 10-15 yrs ahead of the curve when he shot this flick (and Dick was years ahead when he wrote it)...and twenty two years later - it is still quite entertaining from a sci-fi pov. What other flicks can you think of, which were shot as future movies, which were visualized well?

BladeRunner?

Minority Report?

Any others...? Is it coincidence how these three are all from Philip K Dick's brain?
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Lurker
0 likes
Back to the Future is a huge one. As time goes on, the fuel for the Dolorian becomes more and more commonly found. I would feel weird if I ended up in the past and ran into my teenage mother, while I myself was a teenager.

I personally liked the part where Marty changes the past so his mom and dad meet in an honorable fashion. Biff gets slugged at prom and it actually works out to Marty's favor
Lurker
0 likes
Is anyone else mildly offended that they feel the need to remake these classics?
Lurker
0 likes
I am always offended when they remake a movie. Almost every single time, in my opinion, the remake sucks. They're already hyping the new Total Recall.
Lurker
0 likes
just finish watching it this moment, great film, some great one liners