what is your favorite band of all time?

last reply
86 replies
8.0k views
0 watchers
2 likes
Lurker
0 likes
im just wondering who your favorite band of all time is? and why?

mine is:

rascal flatts- because they are amazing and they relax me so muchsmile and happy
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Sorry Justine but AC/DC is my fav band of all time and I've been following them since soon after they formed. The have a great sound, best to be played loud, real head banging stuff. Unfortunately my fav lead singer is no longer with us, may Bonnie rest in peace, but Brian puts in a good effort.
"Hey, don't knock masturbation! It's sex with someone I love." Woody Allen

"I am willing to admit that I may not always be right, but I am never wrong." Samuel Goldwyn
Lurker
0 likes
Pink Floyd
Lurker
0 likes
There's only one answer and that is Kiss. I love The Doors and Genesis, but Kiss and its offshoots rank in the favorites of all time, especially the first line up. Not that the post Ace and Peter years weren't good, but back in the early days the first four members had a definate variation of styles and the band in general embraced a wider variety of sounds then the band has in the post Unmasked era.

-MV

Lurker
0 likes
OOOOOpppppppssss. Should have previewed that image, but I suppose it shows I am a huge kiss fan. LOL

-MV
Lurker
0 likes
TOOL for me...they have the greatest drummer of all time and one of the best singer/lyricists too...just the perfect combination of musicians...and they can't be categorized, which is a very good thing...their guitarist does all of their official videos, which are crazy claymation/live action stuff...this isn't an official video, but check it out...it's one of their most epic songs...they start with some Bill Hicks samples with Danny Carey playing drums behind them and turn it into a 13 minute jam...just a taste of their creativity...
Lurker
0 likes
...for the record though...if it wasn't for TOOL's drummer, i'd give the nod to Tori Amos...she and Maynard from Tool have actually collaborated on this one...it's like a wet dream to me
Lurker
0 likes
Mine would have to be MUSE! They are awesome... :-)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Silverchair- they always chill me out and make me remember why life is good. If I've got them, I've got everything! xx
Lurker
0 likes
It's a tie between The Cure and Radiohead ♥ em both!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Pink Floyd! Love the music and the memories it brings back to me, at least the ones I can remember, lol. But there are so many tied for second.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by tubby1961
Sorry Justine but AC/DC is my fav band of all time and I've been following them since soon after they formed. The have a great sound, best to be played loud, real head banging stuff. Unfortunately my fav lead singer is no longer with us, may Bonnie rest in peace, but Brian puts in a good effort.

Long Live Bon Scott!!! Not My All Time Favorite But Maybe One Of My Seconds. An Amazing Singer!!

Lurker
0 likes
if i have to choose only one it would be LED ZEPPLIN because stairway to heaven is best song ever
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Steely Dan
Lurker
0 likes
G & R (The Original)....followed closely by AC/DC....and then of course you must leave room for Aerosmith, Van Halen, Rush, Kiss....don't forget Boston...favotite though would be G&R.
Lurker
0 likes
I'm so old and have heard so many but I will go with...........Three Dog Night.......
Lurker
0 likes
Jodeci is my favorite band of all time. They dominated the 1990s with their unique style.
Lurker
0 likes
Very hard choice for me...Joe Satriani as the front man; he's most always a solo bill, but with incredible backup guys: Stu Hamm is a bass virtuoso, and Jeff Camptelli as a drummer, also a virtuoso. Satch with ChickenFoot now is amazing...
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Rolling Stones. They were popular when I was a teenager and they still are great
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Just one is too hard... i have a list of top 10 artists and i ended up leaving out too many as it was... i think, though, i might have to choose Tori Amos, who was mentioned by SousChef earlier. That said, it could very well change tomorrow. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I have a three-way tie for first place (and three-ways are allowed at Lush... I checked in the rulebook!)

1. U2
2. Hole (Courtney Love)
3. Radiohead
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll
I have a three-way tie for first place (and three-ways are allowed at Lush... I checked in the rulebook!)

1. U2
2. Hole (Courtney Love)
3. Radiohead

oh? well, then, now that i know that, i can add BT and Emelie Autumn to my list! YES!

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
mumford and sonsheart
Flirtatiously Fluttering
0 likes
Led Zeppelin

followed closely by The Beatles, Rush and Rolling Stones...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Excellent choices, CB! smile

It is hard to go with just one though, man...hmmm. Alright, as far as my tastes go, one that I'd never tire of listening to would be Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble:

"Lenny" is one of my favorites as well as "Riviera Paradise". I love instrumentals, and ones by Stevie are just great :).

right up there with SRV would be Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Rush, The Who, and some more...yeah, like I said, hard to pick ONE fav, lol.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Such a great collection of bands above. Wow.. even heard Three Dog Night.. who some say really are The Beatles. I'm going with the Fab Four... there are many many great bands. Some of my faves are listed above.. but it all begins and ends with Paul, John, George, and Ringo.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates