Calling all men, Lush needs you...

last reply
39 replies
6.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Code Monkey
0 likes
I have had a number of requests for a male voice to read some of the stories in our audio section. To date we only have a single male voice in there, are there any volunteers to record some more?

Think of the fame, think of the women you will be turning on, maybe dont think, just do it!

`
Lollipop Girl
0 likes
OOO yes please...we want guy voicesbiggrin
"Haters make me FAMOUS!!!"

Sassy
Lurker
0 likes
I nominate Bikebum! OMG he has such a Sexy voice!!!!!!
Lurker
0 likes
Where's Mercianknight hiding? Come on, big boy, let's hear your sweet intonations; in standard English, if you please.

Hey! Mr. Nudie! You too! Grab a fig leaf, and step up to the microphone!

And Gav, dear, I'm sure there are a few stories that you yourself could grace with your dulcet tones!

Lollipop Girl
0 likes
yeah..Gav i think you should do an audiobiggrin
"Haters make me FAMOUS!!!"

Sassy
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
Matriarch
0 likes
I nominate Gav
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
Quote by nicola
I nominate Gav

I second that!
♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
Lurker
0 likes
*ducks* nothing to see here *runs*
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by nicola
I nominate Gav

Second. Motion carried. Get a move on Big Boy. Times a wastin.
Matriarch
0 likes
Let me see, DJ (must have a good voice), recording equipment....
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I would be happy to volunteer, let me know what I need to do...
There are times she is kneeling out of obedience, reverence and respect. Those are the times it is okay to stand above her. But when she is kneeling because the weight of the world is just too heavy to bear … that is when You should be kneeling beside her.

Daddy has a lovely family - Daddy’s Little Family … https://www.lushstories.com/stories/flash-erotica/-daddys-little-family-.aspx

He is behind the curtain - Someone’s Watching ... https://www.lushstories.com/stories/masturbation/-someones-watching-.aspx

Some childhood memories return - Memories of Daddy … https://www.lushstories.com/stories/microfiction/-memories-of-daddy-.aspx

Just a ride in the country - Afternoon Distraction …
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/microfiction/-afternoon-distraction-.aspx

She waits to keep a promise - Promises …
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/microfiction/-promises-.aspx
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
Quote by The_lunchbox
*ducks* nothing to see here *runs*

Hold it right there Mister! You are a *DJ*........and *DJ's* are supposed to have a good voice. I think Nic may be on to something here!
♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
Constant Gardener
0 likes
I can only do the readings if I am allowed to impersonate
Sean Connery, Harrison Ford, Jimmy Stewart, Clark Gable,
Pee Wee Herman, Adam Sandler, Sean Penn or Pierce Brosnan.

I can also impersonate Jim Carey impersonating Phil Hartman impersonating Mel Gibson in Lethal Weapon, but that will cost ya.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Divine Rapscallion
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale

Oh man, I was really hoping it would say "...and Pierce Brosnan — all in the same reading!" I'd pay to hear that.
Maggie R
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by magnificent1rascal
Quote by WellMadeMale

Oh man, I was really hoping it would say "...and Pierce Brosnan — all in the same reading!" I'd pay to hear that.

I could do all of them, but only if I was reading a Dirty Martini love poem. One voice per stanza.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale

I can also impersonate Jim Carey impersonating Phil Hartman impersonating Mel Gibson in Lethal Weapon, but that will cost ya.

Could you do one of mine in the Pee Wee Herman voice? I think I would make a donation for that.
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by GabrielSweet
I would be happy to volunteer, let me know what I need to do...

Thanks for volunteering. I think Gav will be in touch.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Pixie
Quote by nicola
I nominate Gav

I second that!

Glad you didn't pick me.
Either way, I don't have time nor the equipment to do it.
Insert typical super smart ass comment courtesy of thepainter here.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by thepainter
Quote by Pixie
Quote by nicola
I nominate Gav

I second that!

Glad you didn't pick me.

And all the noise from that shower you're in would make hearing the story difficult, too.

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by nicola
Let me see, DJ (must have a good voice), recording equipment....

skaterpro64 has a dj think (literaly dj mixer haha) i vote for gav! and lunchbox! but i'd like to hear gav! and allan too!
Code Monkey
0 likes
I would love to volunteer, however the sound of children in the background is not fitting with the site. As soon as you have children, privacy is a thing you give up.

Now if anyone would like a one-on-one, my rate card is available
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by gypsymoth
And all the noise from that shower you're in would make hearing the story difficult, too.

Imagine the sounds and special effects though...
Insert typical super smart ass comment courtesy of thepainter here.
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
Quote by thepainter
Quote by Pixie
Quote by nicola
I nominate Gav

I second that!

Glad you didn't pick me.

Now that you mention it.....

He WOULD be a good choice, folks!
Lurker
0 likes
I, for one, am going to be watching the audio section with bated breath to hear what comes out next.
Lurker
0 likes
I would do it, but I sound in English as Rafa Nadal, people would laff instead of get honry.
Code Monkey
0 likes
Quote by javier
I would do it, but I sound in English as Rafa Nadal, people would laff instead of get honry.

Maybe you want to go and ask Mara:

http://www.historiaslush.com/reynalush

She is always looking for the Rafa Nadal types for her audio work.
Lurker
0 likes
I would gladly do it, but I am Cornish (with a bit of the rest of the country thrown in) - and if ever there was an accent that ISN'T sexy - it's Cornish lol
If, however, we have a contingent of Cornish-loving women who want to hear stories read in their own tongue - then maybe I am an option? ahh, a rare breed indeed lol
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
You know, I'd gladly do some recording and I've been told I have a sexy voice... but the thing is I think there's already too much of the same voices over and over in the audio stories section.

No offense to whomever the woman is who does most of the reading of the stories I've heard, but as something of an audiophile when it comes to female voices, I'd like to hear a VARIETY of sexy female voices, not the same one over and over again.... And I know there are lots more audiophiles out there with an appreciation for a VARIETY of sexy voices of both genders.

Look, I mean, the effort is appreciated... but the same voice just gets... boring. I'm sorry to say.

And the thing is, I think the ladies would get bored too, hearing MY voice, or ANY one guy's voice, over and over again. Even if it is a nice, sexy voice (they'd have to be the judges of that)... Not only that, but I think the readers themselves get bored with it. Again, I hate to be critical and hurt anyone's feelings, but the readings of some of these stories has seemed pretty rote, the style pretty monotone - especially at first. I'd hate to reach the point were I was bored with reading the stories....

Plus, you know, my voice is a mature man's voice. I sounded a lot different in my 20's than I do now. There are some vocal parts that my voice just doesn't fit... Take, for example the woman reading the majority of the stories I've heard. Again, I really don't mean to hurt her feelings, but being realistic and honest, her voice is a mature voice. A sexy mature voice, but a mature one all the same. So when she reads the part of a much younger gal in first person, well, it just breaks the spell. And if I'm supposed to be reading the story of some college boy, well, that might not work out quite right for the listener...

Now, one more gripe... Why aren't more AUTHORS recording their OWN stories? I mean, at first I often clicked on a story from a new author I haven't heard before excited to see what she sounds like, only to be disappointed to hear that same old voice AGAIN. Now, I don't get my hopes up... In the case of an author reading their own stories I don't care if their voice doesn't fit the protagonist's part... It's just cool to hear the author read their own story.... The site needs much more of that.

That's my 2 cents....
I'm a wild and Krrraaazzzy Guy!