Ideas?

last reply
9 replies
3.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Where does everyone get their story ideas from?

I read so many along similar lines, and want to do something a bit different. I guess expanding my imagination would be a start
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I get many of mine from everyday experiences, and fantasies about how they might develop.

Also, reading a lot of books, as well as other people's erotic work, it helps develop my own creative consciousness.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Quote by CaptainPants
Where does everyone get their story ideas from?

I once read that the most important thing to make a story memorable is a unique setting. Everyone loves to go someplace they've never been before.

One idea is to pick a city you know really well, drop your characters off somewhere, and get them screwing.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Use real life experiences and only write what you actually know about. Set your stories and characters from places and people you know looking for some unusal aspects about both that would make a story interesting.

Write without correction and editing until your story is finished and then walk away from it for 24- 48 hours. Then go back and start the editing process by running a spell check, correcting the grammar and ensuring your story has a smooth flow. Leave the story one more time... do a final check and if you're happy with the result, publish it.

Attempting correction and edititing while you're writing obstructs your train of thought and creativity. In writing stories you have the luxury of time, use it to your advantage.

Zorro
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Write without correction and editing until your story is finished and then walk away from it for 24- 48 hours. Then go back and start the editing process by running a spell check, correcting the grammar and ensuring your story has a smooth flow. Leave the story one more time... do a final check and if you're happy with the result, publish it.

Attempting correction and edititing while you're writing obstructs your train of thought and creativity. In writing stories you have the luxury of time, use it to your advantage.

Zorro
Well said zorroscamp...i sometimes fall prey to editing in between writing.....i see the folly of it now....hope to not do it again..
Lurker
0 likes
Most of my ideas come from my life. I've evidently been one of 'those' people who other's trust to tell their problems too. I guess having a sympathetic ear has helped too. Anyway, over the years I've witnessed, seen, been told, or heard about umpteenth hand different stories and I managed to keep them in mind.

I also catch the news of the day when it's a human interest story, and a little from other places as well.

In reality, there is nothing new under the sun when it comes to humans and relationships. Well, not to date at any rate. Perhaps, someday when man is traveling the stars triumphant they will come across alien life forms and learn more yet. Until then...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Curious2c
Most of my ideas come from my life. I've evidently been one of 'those' people who other's trust to tell their problems too. I guess having a sympathetic ear has helped too. Anyway, over the years I've witnessed, seen, been told, or heard about umpteenth hand different stories and I managed to keep them in mind.

I also catch the news of the day when it's a human interest story, and a little from other places as well.

In reality, there is nothing new under the sun when it comes to humans and relationships. Well, not to date at any rate. Perhaps, someday when man is traveling the stars triumphant they will come across alien life forms and learn more yet. Until then...

I am in total agreement. In everybody's real life there are several hidden ideas. I have lot of experiences but don't have the skill to post everything as stories.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
All my stories form a complete set, which trace the sexual awakening and development of an innocent. I've an interest in psychology, with a particular fascination for the mechanisms by which fetishes and sexual preferences become established. As of right now, I already have the outline of my next six stories formed - I know exactly where I'll be going with them. So that's the broad basis for my stories.

For specific stories, I take from experience and from reading authors such as Nin, Miller and Reage. Plus, of course, there's a wealth of great material here on Lush to inspire you. Key to a good story, I think, is character development and plausibility. After all, there are only a finite number of sexual acts to be describe (and most are decribed in a similar fashion), so it's the characters and situations that make the difference.

Recently, I've even been finding inspiration in song lyrics.

My advice is: Read lots, imagine lots, and write what excites you.