last reply
199 replies
19.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
2010/2011

the new season of NFL is almost upon us ....

* Do you watch?
* Are you a huge Fan?
* Have you attended a TailGate Party?
* Who are you hoping (against hope) that will be heading into the SuperBowl of 2010/2011 season?

Tell us all about your devotion to watching the NFL ......

Van
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
1) No.
2) No.
3) Yes. They're better than the actual game
4) The Chicago Bears aren't going to the Super Bowl.

www.szadvntures.com

Latest story:

• TBD

• Bump in the Night-Microfiction

• Smoke Break-Interracial

Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by VanGogh
2010/2011

* Do you watch?
* Are you a huge Fan?
* Who are you hoping (against hope) that will be heading into the SuperBowl of 2010/2011 season?

Van

Yes, and sometimes I even watch the NFL network channel 154 (on my satellite system) even when the sport is not in season.

I purchased season tickets (two of them) when I could, in 1989...after I relocated back to this area of the world. Went to every home game and tailgated before and after the games, until after the 1995-96 season. Then I purchased a large screen tv set to watch the games on. In the NFL - home games are televised in a particular club's 'home city' and surrounding areas, if the game is sold out 72 hours in advance of the particular game's kickoff.

During the 1990s the club I follow, was involved in a consecutive sell-out streak. Just last year, the last home game was the first since 1990, to not be televised around the area. The sellout streak ended

Frankly I lost interest in going to the games as several friends were dropping out of their season ticket purchasing packages, some due to starting families, illness or other reasons and the camaraderie was not the same in 1995 as it was in the previous years.

Every year I hope this team makes the playoffs. The SB would be nice. My team's former owner coined the term. I haven't purchased any jerseys, jackets or associated fan bling in over a dozen years. But I used to.

I am rather excited that it is almost NFL time again. I might even attend a few games this fall. The games are not sold out (yet).
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
i want the team with the hottest men to win! woo hoo! *giggles* sorry, but that's about it - funny thing is, though, i watiress at a sports pub so i'm sure i'll be catching lots of games and keeping up with who is winning all season. oh, and i think we have a team in Seattle, but i could be wrong... smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Artistic Tart
0 likes
"The Greatness that is the Raidehs."

Yes, I'm an Oakland Raiders fan. It's the team of my hometown, and also my dad is a huge fan, so he rubbed off on me. They basically have sucked my whole life, except for one fluke year they went to the Super Bowl, but you still follow them and hope for good things, even though they probably won't happen. Al Davis, the owner, is just old and totally out of it these days even though he thinks he's still sharp, so the team really doesn't have a chance.

I've never been to a game or tailgate, I'd love to someday though.

It's still fun though, and I have a thing for ballers, and athletes of all kinds. Sports are sexy, baby!

Super Bowl this year: San Diego vs. Atlanta- San Diego wins (the bastards, hate them, but they're good)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I watched the first preseason game last between Dallas and Cincinnati. I'm glad football is almost back!!

I see 2 of the AFC West teams have been represented, so I'm going to throw in the Denver Broncos.. I'm a huge fan and went to one of their games last year when they played the Raiders. That was horrible.

Super Bowl - Dallas vs. NY Jets and I'm gonna have to go with the Jets on this one.
Go check out my new story - How Did This Happen? - John's Story
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Aww, I knew you'd be a Broncos fan! Grrr....

All we need is for the Chargers to represent, and we'll have an AFC West Thread in here!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by LadyX

All we need is for the Chargers to represent, and we'll have an AFC West Thread in here!

Oh how I hate the Chargers!! I don't like Oakland, but I hate San Diego even more.. For now, it's an AFC West thread! haha
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by LadyX

heheh, at the rate Rem's fave team keeps suffering season ending injuries to their vital team players in training camp, Denver could well be in the top 5 for next April's college draft day, before a single game is played this year.

The KC Griefs are gonna open up a can of whoopass on the Faders and Donkeys this year.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale

The KC Griefs

LOL. Funny, we call them the Kansas City Queefs
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale
Quote by LadyX

heheh, at the rate Rem's fave team keeps suffering season ending injuries to their vital team players in training camp, Denver could well be in the top 5 for next April's college draft day, before a single game is played this year.

The KC Griefs are gonna open up a can of whoopass on the Faders and Donkeys this year.

Haha I don't have any high hopes for this season because of the mentioned injuries. I still see Denver sitting in 2nd place in their league this year though. Another 8-8 season seems to be in the making and preseason just got started. We'll see though.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by LadyX
Quote by WellMadeMale

The KC Griefs

LOL. Funny, we call them the Kansas City Queefs

Heh, we call you fuckers other things too, but this being a family-friendly website and all, I figured I'd stick with Faders, something they have pretty much perfected since they got ganked by TampaBay in the SB, what...8 years ago?
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Jokeland Faders is pretty damn good- though being a fan of this damn team in the first place is usually insulting enough. Plus they got dudes in pirate gear and spiked shoulder pads at the games- that makes the fans scarier than the team, LOL.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by VanGogh
2010/2011

* Do you watch?
* Are you a huge Fan?

Van

* I like to watch a good game. I really don't care who's playing, if both teams want the victory and fight like hell, I think it's great!
* I'm a Dolphins bandwagon jumper. I'd love it if I could be a real fan, and be proud of them and shit, but in all honesty, the last time I was a real fan of any team was the Vikings, back in the early seventies.
* I have NOT attended a tailgate party, mostly because none of my friends are big enough fans either! (LOL)
* I couldn't care less who wins. I just hope the season is full of hard-played games and everybody kicks everybody else's ass...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I am more of a CFL fan than an NFL fan. I started following the NFL when my favourite player, Doug Flutie moved from Toronto to Buffalo, and ever since, I've followed Buffalo although I'm not an intense fan, and still like to follow other teams or story lines when they excite me.

It's CFL not NFL, but here is an incredible touchdown celebration by Dave Stala of the Hamilton TigerCats. In general touchdown celebrations are not penalized in the CFL, so the players do get creative.

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by VanGogh
2010/2011

* Do you watch?
* Are you a huge Fan?

Van

Do you watch?
Hell yeah I watch. I will watch American Football 11 months out of the year. NFL,College,CFL and Hell I even watch Arena Football when there is not another football game on. (Ok, I'll admit it, I have taped Arena Football)

Are you a huge fan?
No.Tf92xjfYODKfvAxs GO!!!! Pittsburgh Steelers
Don't see them doing much this season; at worst 8-8, at best 10-6 and not make the playoffs.
Most hated team Cincinnati Bungles, Cleveland Brownies, Baltimore Colts (Ravens) and the Jacksonville Jagasses

Have you attended a Tailgate Party?
Well I live metro St Louis so I have been to just a few tailgates here, Been to a Pittsburgh,Kansas City and Indianapolis tailgate. Have to say had more fun in KC.

Who are you hoping (against hope) that will be heading into the SuperBowl of 2010/2011 season?
Right now I see a team from the AFC East Jets or Patriots going against Vikings or Saints

To sprite: Yep you do have a so-called NFL team Seahawks (Seahacks)
To Jebru: Saw that celebration, Hell he kicked the ball better than the French World Cup National Team.
Lurker
0 likes
Cardinal fan myself
Lurker
0 likes
Go Eagles Go (especially now that McNabb has gone!! wooohooo!)

Lurker
0 likes
1. yes
2. yes
3. yes
4. I hope the Bears don't even win a game.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by VanGogh

* Do you watch?
* Are you a huge Fan?

---I sure do watch. Every Sunday & Monday (also Thursdays & Saturdays later in the season), you'll see my fat ass cozily parked in front of my TV watching the games. Can't really be bothered to watch a full preseason game until Week 4 when the starters play almost the full game. I also watch college & CFL, and actually miss NFL Europa.

---Huge fan of my hometown New England Patriots (OK. I grew up 20 minutes away from Foxboro) & my beloved New York Giants (Since I'm in Albany, I've gone to training camp every day since it started).

---Attended more than I can remember....and thrown just as many.

---I'm hoping Big Blue can turn things around from last season. I'd love to see a repeat of SB42 (Giants/Patriouts).....but as long as none of the other NFC East or AFC East teams or Oakland Raiders (this won't happen any time soon) make the SB, I'll be a happy man.

Quote by VanGogh
Go Eagles Go (especially now that McNabb has gone!! wooohooo!)

BOO HISS!
"Nos laetus epulor qui would domito nos. (We gladly feast on those who would subdue us.)"
"Nil satis nisi optimum. (Nothing but the best will do.)"
"I hate it when things don't go my way. It makes me so...horny." - Sarah Michelle Gellar (Kathryn, Cruel Intentions)
"Sex is just alone time with someone else there." - Taint on The Lex And Terry Show, 11/11/09
"Stupidity isn't a crime, so you're free to go."
"I am The Devil, too. There can only be one devil. One of us must go." - Ozzy Osbourne at the end of his cover of "Sympathy For The Devil"
"Your ego is not your amigo." - Nikki Sixx, The Heroin Diaries
"It's my world. I'm just letting you live here." - Mandy, The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by VanGogh
2010/2011

Van

I can imagine a moment in the not too distant future, when we may need to request a mod to shift this thread into the think tank.

I enjoy good natured smack amongst friendly participants.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I grew up watching a Bears offense that consisted of "Payton right, Payton left, Payton up the middle," interspersed with "incomplete pass by whomever the Bears trotted out at QB that week."
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale
Heh, we call you fuckers other things too, but this being a family-friendly website and all, I figured I'd stick with Faders, something they have pretty much perfected since they got ganked by TampaBay in the SB, what...8 years ago?

Lush is family-friendly? Since when?
"Nos laetus epulor qui would domito nos. (We gladly feast on those who would subdue us.)"
"I hate it when things don't go my way. It makes me so...horny." - Sarah Michelle Gellar (Kathryn, Cruel Intentions)
"Sex is just alone time with someone else there." - Taint on The Lex And Terry Show, 11/11/09
"I am The Devil, too. There can only be one devil. One of us must go." - Ozzy Osbourne at the end of his cover of "Sympathy For The Devil"
"It's my world. I'm just letting you live here." - Mandy, The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Insert typical super smart ass comment courtesy of thepainter here.
Lurker
0 likes
yes
yes
yes
go colts .......
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by INNOCENTMISERY
Quote by WellMadeMale
but this being a family-friendly website and all,

http://www.lushstories.com/incest.aspx/11 (easily the most popular category on the entire website, IM)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale
Quote by INNOCENTMISERY
Quote by WellMadeMale
but this being a family-friendly website and all,

http://www.lushstories.com/incest.aspx/11 (easily the most popular category on the entire website, IM)

Didn't think of it that way until you mentioned it....LOL
Lurker
0 likes
I follow the standings

Not really - the college game has more excitment, more meaning to each game, better rivalries, fewer prima donna, and less hype. Money tarnishes everything, and I keep wishing college ball would get back to traditional conferences and meaningful bowls. A championship playoff series is more for fat men watching at home and the money haulers.

Never been to a tailgate party. Can't imagine what I am missing.

While always a Vikings' fan, with a 0-4 record, and no appearances since 1977, I am not an overly optimistic cheerleader. Recent gaffe of $25m blown on an attention-whore who can't even figure out how his name is pronounced was ridiculous when the money could have been used to draft a long-term prospect/player, and is proof of how desperate the organization is....

So, Go Vikings....I will read about the games in the paper.
Lurker
0 likes
Yes, Yes, Yes, I am in New Orleans and now I can die happy. But I dont tink last year was a fluke and I think that while they prolly won't repeat I tink tey will definitely be in the hunt. GO! SAINTS!!!