Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Which published author can you not get enough of at the moment?

last reply
36 replies
3.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Matriarch
0 likes
I'm reading another of Haruki Murakami's novels at the moment, I love his outlook on life and the way he writes.

Which author is doing it for you right now?
Lurker
0 likes
I love his outlook on life and the way he writes, too, and he has brilliant English translators, as well. His work isn't translated nearly as beautfully into French.

Which one are you reading now? I'd still be feasting on his writing, but I've run out of copies of his work. I haven't read all of them, but close to it, I think. I guess it's time to place an order with Amazon again...

Have you read "What I Talk About When I Talk About Running"? He talks about writing, how he became a writer, and how he writes almost as much as he talks about running.

I reread "Dance, Dance, Dance" a couple of weeks ago.

Did you know that a movie has been made of "Norwegian Wood"?
Matriarch
0 likes
Funny you should mentioned that Gypsy, I'm a few chapters away from finishing the running book. I've read 3/4 of it in 2 sittings so far, will finish the rest this evening.

I didn't know about the movie, I might pass on that, I'm invariably disappointed with movies based on novels.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Most of my favourite authors are dead but of the living ones I love Dean Koonzt the best. I have not heard of Haruki Murakami so will have to check him out, which would you recommend to read first? Also I agree with Nicola about the movie versions of books, never as good.
"Hey, don't knock masturbation! It's sex with someone I love." Woody Allen

"I am willing to admit that I may not always be right, but I am never wrong." Samuel Goldwyn
Matriarch
0 likes
I loved Kafka on the shore. It's a remarkable book.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thank you Nicola, I'll check my local library for it.
"Hey, don't knock masturbation! It's sex with someone I love." Woody Allen

"I am willing to admit that I may not always be right, but I am never wrong." Samuel Goldwyn
Lurker
0 likes
Oscar Wilde...and recently, Christoper Moore; Lamb, the Gospel according to Biff, Christ's childhood pal, and You suck.
Lurker
0 likes
At the moment I can't get enough of Ruby Jean Jensen. While I was on vacation a couple of weeks ago I bought a copy of a book named Bad Girls Don't Die by Katie Alender because the cover conjoured up the cover art of books Jensen published under the now defunct Zebra Books imprint. I was somewhat disappointed because although simular the book was a bit more kiddie than an Jensen book, so I went to the storage shed after returning home and dug around to find a catche of Jensen books I had never read. Somewhere between divorce and remarriage I had lost all the books I had read, so I ordered one to replace one I had read before as I have been full of ideas for horror stories since vacation, and wanted to reread it as I was having a character read the book. In the past two weeks I have read Mama, Best Friends and am about to finish the one I ordered, Chain Letter. I still have several more that I brought out of storage, and also recieved another novel I had never heard of she had written from amazon titled Jump Rope.

-MV
Lurker
0 likes
At the moment it's Daniel Silva & Janet Evanovich.

I will drop anything else I'm reading if I manage to get my hands on a book either of them have written that I haven't read yet
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I tend toward heavier reading when I buy a book. Things like the poems of Emily Dickinson, Shakespeare's tragedies, and works in foreign languages. However, I like Adriana Trigianni both because she writes great romances and because she knows Appalachia and Tuscany.
I have worked in one place and traveled to the other a lot.
The Right Rev of Lush
0 likes
Alan Furst - spy novels set in pre-WW II Europe - like reading 'Casablanca'
Lindsey Davis - the 'Falco' lovers, the married couple investigate crime in historical mysteries set in the first century Roman Empire
Terry Prachett - his 'Discworld' books are gems - however (and in my VERY humble opinion) his last two books reflect the onset of his Alzheimers
To the Christopher Moore books listed above, I'd add 'Fool' a bawdy homage' to English humor in the form of a send-up of 'King Lear' (note: I've been bugging nic for months to give it a try - someday she will and then fuss at me for not getting her to read it sooner).

RUMPLATIONS: AwesomeHonky Tonk and Cyber Bar
Home of the Lush "IN" crowd: indecent, intoxicated, and insolvent
a place to gossip, share news, talk sports, pimp a story, piss & moan, or just grab a drink. Check it out.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords. -- ROBERT HEINLEIN
0 likes
Quote by RumpleForeskin
Alan Furst - spy novels set in pre-WW II Europe - like reading 'Casablanca'

I need to give him another go. Loved Spies of the Balkans when I read on a vacation a couple years ago. I find that era more interesting than the post-Cold War wave of spy-fi, much of which is uncomfortably Islamophobic in my experience. Did you know "Spies of Warsaw" was filmed starring David Tennant (of Dr. Who fame)? I only know because Netflix has it.

I don't read enough to have an author I "can't get enough of" because I just have to settle for what little reading I do being "enough". Can't get enough of "The Gun Seller" by Hugh Laurie but I think that's his only published novel to date so once I'm finished it, I finished him (as a writer, I can always watch House or one of his classic British comedy series if I need a Laurie fix).
Lurker
0 likes
Lindsey after I love her stories
Head Nurse
0 likes
George RR Martin. If only he would oblige me
Lurker
0 likes
John Green. I think his books are meant to be for teens, but my little sister keeps lending them to me and I'm hooked! He's witty and gets to grips with important themes. I just enjoy him a lot.
Lurker
0 likes
John Irving
Ian Fleming
Poe
Kurt Vonnegut
Shakespeare
Oscar Wilde
0 likes
Quote by naughtynurse
George RR Martin. If only he would oblige me

I wish he would finish that damn thing and move on to something else. I loved his early stuff but A Song of Ice and Fire hasn't done much for me.
Lurker
0 likes
Rainbow Rowell. She only has one adult contemporary novel, Attatchments, out right now. Landline will be out soon. But her young adult stuff isn't bad either. She's a fun author.
Lurker
0 likes
Rainbow Rowell. She only has one adult contemporary novel, Attachments, out right now. Landline will be out soon. But her young adult stuff isn't bad either. She's a fun author.
Lurker
0 likes
Navokov and Charlotte Stein - my favorites in Russian Classics and Contemporary Erotica
Head Nurse
0 likes
Quote by seeker4

I wish he would finish that damn thing and move on to something else. I loved his early stuff but A Song of Ice and Fire hasn't done much for me.

his early stuff is good too. smile

Robin Hobb: really good fantasy work
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by naughtynurse

Robin Hobb: really good fantasy work

I'm a total scifi/fantasy nut.

Robin Hobb is pretty fantastic. Try her other works under the name of Megan Lindholm.

I'm a sucker for anything Simon R. Green writes.
I just love his stuff. It's got the 3 F's. Funny, Fast-paced and Freaky.

I wish Spider Robinson would come out with another Callahan's but I think he's managed to completely finish it off and wrapped it up with a nice neat bow. Which blows.

And then there's David Eddings. If they ever find a bunch of his lost manuscripts and publish them, I'll be the first in line to buy.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
It seems I go through several authors and genres.

Right now, I truly like Patrick McManus and his Bo Tully Mysteries
"Them ain't no militia, that's the Army of the Potomac!"
Head Nurse
0 likes
Quote by TheDevilsWeakness

I'm a total scifi/fantasy nut.

Robin Hobb is pretty fantastic. Try her other works under the name of Megan Lindholm.

I'm a sucker for anything Simon R. Green writes.
I just love his stuff. It's got the 3 F's. Funny, Fast-paced and Freaky.

I wish Spider Robinson would come out with another Callahan's but I think he's managed to completely finish it off and wrapped it up with a nice neat bow. Which blows.

And then there's David Eddings. If they ever find a bunch of his lost manuscripts and publish them, I'll be the first in line to buy.

I'll have to look; I really loved the Liveship series best.

Ken Follett, either his WWII novels or the Pillars of the Earth
Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
Chris Wooding.

Brandon Sanderson.

Joe R. Lansdale.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
P.G. Wodehouse.
Lurker
0 likes
Vanna B and Cairo Black. . .love their books so much.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Clive Cussler
John Steinbeck
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Dancing Doll.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.