What's your personality type?

last reply
59 replies
7.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
When I ask this,I refer to the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) ,which is apparently the best personality indicator. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers-Briggs_Type_Indicator

You can determine your personality test by taking any of the following online tests.Well actually its fun determining the scientific term for your personality and then comparing yourself with the theoretical analysis.You can then go on to meet new people of your personality types.Nothing srious.Its all fun.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Myers-Briggs-Personality-Test-MBTI/17070709100?v=info
http://webspace.ship.edu/cgboer/jungiant…
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp
http://similarminds.com/jung.html
http://www.personalitypathways.com/type_…
http://www.personalitypathways.com/type_inventory.html

Check It and tell what's your personality type.Apparantely mine is INTP (introversion, intuition, thinking, perception).

Cheers!!!
Let's put a smile on that face.
Lurker
0 likes
I'm an INTJ "The Mastermind"

All Rationals are good at planning operations, but Masterminds are head and shoulders above all the rest in contingency planning. Complex operations involve many steps or stages, one following another in a necessary progression, and Masterminds are naturally able to grasp how each one leads to the next, and to prepare alternatives for difficulties that are likely to arise any step of the way. Trying to anticipate every contingency, Masterminds never set off on their current project without a Plan A firmly in mind, but they are always prepared to switch to Plan B or C or D if need be.

Masterminds are rare, comprising no more than, say, one percent of the population, and they are rarely encountered outside their office, factory, school, or laboratory. Although they are highly capable leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead. Once they take charge, however, they are thoroughgoing pragmatists. Masterminds are certain that efficiency is indispensable in a well-run organization, and if they encounter inefficiency-any waste of human and material resources-they are quick to realign operations and reassign personnel. Masterminds do not feel bound by established rules and procedures, and traditional authority does not impress them, nor do slogans or catchwords. Only ideas that make sense to them are adopted; those that don't, aren't, no matter who thought of them. Remember, their aim is always maximum efficiency.

In their careers, Masterminds usually rise to positions of responsibility, for they work long and hard and are dedicated in their pursuit of goals, sparing neither their own time and effort nor that of their colleagues and employees. Problem-solving is highly stimulating to Masterminds, who love responding to tangled systems that require careful sorting out. Ordinarily, they verbalize the positive and avoid comments of a negative nature; they are more interested in moving an organization forward than dwelling on mistakes of the past.

Masterminds tend to be much more definite and self-confident than other Rationals, having usually developed a very strong will. Decisions come easily to them; in fact, they can hardly rest until they have things settled and decided. But before they decide anything, they must do the research. Masterminds are highly theoretical, but they insist on looking at all available data before they embrace an idea, and they are suspicious of any statement that is based on shoddy research, or that is not checked against reality.

I think I can agree with that.... From now on, you can all call me "The Rational Mastermind!"
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
That was fun! ... here I am...

----

ENFP - Idealist - Portrait of a Champion

Like the other Idealists, Champions are rather rare, say two or three percent of the population, but even more than the others they consider intense emotional experiences as being vital to a full life. Champions have a wide range and variety of emotions, and a great passion for novelty. They see life as an exciting drama, pregnant with possibilities for both good and evil, and they want to experience all the meaningful events and fascinating people in the world. The most outgoing of the Idealists, Champions often can't wait to tell others of their extraordinary experiences. Champions can be tireless in talking with others, like fountains that bubble and splash, spilling over their own words to get it all out. And usually this is not simple storytelling; Champions often speak (or write) in the hope of revealing some truth about human experience, or of motivating others with their powerful convictions. Their strong drive to speak out on issues and events, along with their boundless enthusiasm and natural talent with language, makes them the most vivacious and inspiring of all the types.

Fiercely individualistic, Champions strive toward a kind of personal authenticity, and this intention always to be themselves is usually quite attractive to others. At the same time, Champions have outstanding intuitive powers and can tell what is going on inside of others, reading hidden emotions and giving special significance to words or actions. In fact, Champions are constantly scanning the social environment, and no intriguing character or silent motive is likely to escape their attention. Far more than the other Idealists, Champions are keen and probing observers of the people around them, and are capable of intense concentration on another individual. Their attention is rarely passive or casual. On the contrary, Champions tend to be extra sensitive and alert, always ready for emergencies, always on the lookout for what's possible.
Lurker
0 likes
ENFJ The Teacher

Even more than the other Idealists, Teachers have a natural talent for leading students or trainees toward learning, or as Idealists like to think of it, they are capable of calling forth each learner's potentials. Teachers (around two percent of the population) are able - effortlessly, it seems, and almost endlessly-to dream up fascinating learning activities for their students to engage in. In some Teachers, this ability to fire the imagination can amount to a kind of genius which other types find hard to emulate. But perhaps their greatest strength lies in their belief in their students. Teachers look for the best in their students, and communicate clearly that each one has untold potential, and this confidence can inspire their students to grow and develop more than they ever thought possible.

In whatever field they choose, Teachers consider people their highest priority, and they instinctively communicate personal concern and a willingness to become involved. Warmly outgoing, and perhaps the most expressive of all the types, Teachers are remarkably good with language, especially when communicating in speech, face to face. And they do not hesitate to speak out and let their feelings be known. Bubbling with enthusiasm, Teachers will voice their passions with dramatic flourish, and can, with practice, become charismatic public speakers. This verbal ability gives Teachers a good deal of influence in groups, and they are often asked to take a leadership role.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
ESTJ - The Rules Enforcer

Extraverted Sensing Thinking Judging

For ESTJs the driving force in their lives is their need to analyze and bring into logical order the outer world of events, people, and things. ESTJs like to organize anything that comes into their domain, and they will work energetically to complete tasks so they can quickly move from one to the next. Sensing orients their thinking to current facts and realities, and thus gives their thinking a pragmatic quality. ESTJs take their responsibilities seriously and believe others should do so as well.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Famous INTPs:

* Abraham Lincoln - American President (possibly any NF, though)
* Albert Einstein - German physicist
* André-Marie Ampère – French physicist
* Aristotle – Greek philosopher (possibly ENTP)
* Ashley Olsen - actress (Full House)
* Blaise Pascal - French mathematician
* Bobby Fischer – grandmaster, chess expert (perhaps ISTP?)
* Brent Spiner - actor ("Data" on Star Trek)
* Carl Jung - Swiss psychiatrist(the man behind jungian theory was himself an INTP)
* Charles Darwin - English naturalist
* Galileo – Italian astronomer
* Gerald Ford - American President
* Gottfried Leibniz – German mathematician, ‘natural philosopher,’ and polymath
* Henry Cavendish – British scientist
* Isaac Newton – astrophysicist, ‘natural philosopher’, and alchemist
* Jack Kevorkian – notorious pathologist
* James Madison - American President
* John Quincy Adams - American President
* John Tyler - American President
* Marie Curie – Polish/French physicist, chemist
* Meryl Streep - actress
* Nicolaus Copernicus – Polish mathematician and astronomer
* Socrates - Greek philosopher
* Steve Allen – comedian, writer, musician

Fictional:

* Brian Griffin - Family Guy
* Dexter – Dexter’s Laboratory
* Klaus and Violet Baudelaire – A Series of Unfortunate Events
* Linus van Pelt – Peanuts
* Luna Lovegood – Harry Potter
* Mycroft Holmes (and less likely his more famous brother Sherlock) (INTJ?)
* Peter Parker/Spiderman – Marvel Comics
* Phileas Fogg – Around the World in Eighty Days (both the novel and the film)
* Professor Calculus – Tintin
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
INFP: "Questor". These people are idealistic, self-sacrificing, and somewhat cool or reserved. They are very family and home oriented, but don't relax well. High capacity for caring. High sense of honor derived from internal values. 1% of the total population.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Like littleMissBitch I am an ENFJ.

ENFJ The Teacher

Even more than the other Idealists, Teachers have a natural talent for leading students or trainees toward learning, or as Idealists like to think of it, they are capable of calling forth each learner's potentials. Teachers (around two percent of the population) are able - effortlessly, it seems, and almost endlessly-to dream up fascinating learning activities for their students to engage in. In some Teachers, this ability to fire the imagination can amount to a kind of genius which other types find hard to emulate. But perhaps their greatest strength lies in their belief in their students. Teachers look for the best in their students, and communicate clearly that each one has untold potential, and this confidence can inspire their students to grow and develop more than they ever thought possible.

In whatever field they choose, Teachers consider people their highest priority, and they instinctively communicate personal concern and a willingness to become involved. Warmly outgoing, and perhaps the most expressive of all the types, Teachers are remarkably good with language, especially when communicating in speech, face to face. And they do not hesitate to speak out and let their feelings be known. Bubbling with enthusiasm, Teachers will voice their passions with dramatic flourish, and can, with practice, become charismatic public speakers. This verbal ability gives Teachers a good deal of influence in groups, and they are often asked to take a leadership role.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
How accurate to you feel this description of your personality type is?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
see Its not that it descibed my personality correct to every inch of it.....but what I think is that the description was about 70% correct...at least for me.....
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by LusciousLola
How accurate to you feel this description of your personality type is?

I did two of the tests checkey posted and I came up with the same personality type! It's definitely me... I read the other types, and nothing else comes close to fitting me as well! It's interesting reading into the suggestions for careers and relationships and how certain types relate to the others types as well!

Great post checkey!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
my type is: ISTJ

ISTJ - "Trustee". Decisiveness in practical affairs. Guardian of time- honored institutions. Dependable. 11.6% of total population.

-took two different test and came up with the same results -I concur
Torture the data long enough and they will confess to anything.
Lurker
0 likes
i took this quiz a while back on facebook and i found it to be very accurate for myself and most of the people i know felt the same way. i did try it again on one of checkeys links and i too came up with the same result.

and doll, does it surprise you we are both so rare? of course it seems damon is the rarest of us all.... ;)
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by LittleMissBitch

and doll, does it surprise you we are both so rare? of course it seems damon is the rarest of us all.... ;)

Not surprising at all LMB, we are pretty damn cool...

Artistic Tart
0 likes
Your Type is
ENTJ
Extraverted Intuitive Thinking Judging

"The Field Marshal" (lol)

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:
very expressed extravert
moderately expressed intuitive personality
slightly expressed thinking personality
slightly expressed judging personality

Madonna's an ENTJ too
Lurker
0 likes
ENFP.... (Apparently I should be a Journalist..... I AM, in fact a Journalist!!!)

x S
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Your Type is ISFJ
Introverted Sensing Feeling Judging
Strength of the preferences %
44 1 25 44

We are lucky that Protectors make up as much as ten percent the population, because their primary interest is in the safety and security of those they care about - their family, their circle of friends, their students, their patients, their boss, their fellow-workers, or their employees. Protectors have an extraordinary sense of loyalty and responsibility in their makeup, and seem fulfilled in the degree they can shield others from the dirt and dangers of the world. Speculating and experimenting do not intrigue Protectors, who prefer to make do with time-honored and time-tested products and procedures rather than change to new. At work Protectors are seldom happy in situations where the rules are constantly changing, or where long-established ways of doing things are not respected. For their part, Protectors value tradition, both in the culture and in their family. Protectors believe deeply in the stability of social ranking conferred by birth, titles, offices, and credentials. And they cherish family history and enjoy caring for family property, from houses to heirlooms.

Wanting to be of service to others, Protectors find great satisfaction in assisting the downtrodden, and can deal with disability and neediness in others better than any other type. They are not as outgoing and talkative as the Provider Guardians [ESFJs], and their shyness is often misjudged as stiffness, even coldness, when in truth Protectors are warm-hearted and sympathetic, giving happily of themselves to those in need.

Their reserve ought really to be seen as an expression of their sincerity and seriousness of purpose. The most diligent of all the types, Protectors are willing to work long, hard hours quietly doing all the thankless jobs that others manage to avoid. Protectors are quite happy working alone; in fact, in positions of authority they may try to do everything themselves rather than direct others to get the job done. Thoroughness and frugality are also virtues for them. When Protectors undertake a task, they will complete it if humanly possible. They also know better than any other type the value of a dollar, and they abhor the squandering or misuse of money. To save, to put something aside against an unpredictable future, to prepare for emergencies-these are actions near and dear to the Protector's heart. For all these reasons, Protectors are frequently overworked, just as they are frequently misunderstood and undervalued. Their contributions, and also their economies, are often taken for granted, and they rarely get the gratitude they deserve.

Mother Teresa, George H.W. Bush, Jimmy Stewart, and Tsar Nicholas II are examples of Protector Guardian style.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Today, this is what I am according to similarminds.com:

Extroverted (E) 53.13% Introverted (I) 46.88%
Intuitive (N) 54.29% Sensing (S) 45.71%
Feeling (F) 52.94% Thinking (T) 47.06%
Judging (J) 56.25% Perceiving (P) 43.75%

Your type is: ENFJ

ENFJ - "Persuader". Outstanding leader of groups. Can be aggressive at helping others to be the best that they can be. 2.5% of total population.

But for me, the results seem to change each time I take a test like this, so I will try again later, and see how it differs.
Lurker
0 likes
I am a ISFP personality type and apparently I should a Clergy/Church worker??????? not really sure about that one. I'm no
ISFPs are warmhearted, gentle people who take their commitments seriously, and seek lifelong relationships. They are very private people, who keep their true feelings and opinions reserved or hidden from others. This may cause them to constantly defer to their mates in their intimate relationships, which may cause problems if their mates are not extremely aware of the ISFP's feelings. Some ISFPs who are in the habit of not expressing their needs and feelings find themselves in situations throughout their life where they feel overshadowed, overlooked, or even "tread upon" by others. Highly practical and cynical by nature, these feelings may cause the ISFP to become bitter, and to either give up on their relationships, or to start using their relationships for their own personal gain. Although this problem is observed sometimes in the ISFP type, it does not seem to be present in those ISFPs who consistently express their feelings to those closest to them. These ISFPs have a very positive, warm outlook on life and love, and are not as likely to find themselves in relationships where they are taken for granted or taken advantage of. ISFPs go to great lengths to please their partners. They're very loyal and supportive, with a deep capacity for love. They detest conflict and discord, and highly value being seen and understood for who they are. They need space to live their lives in their own unique way, and will respect other's need for space.
Artistic Tart
0 likes
No men have come up with the type that's supposed to be my perfect match. sad (thx to DancingDoll for providing that). I'll keep checking back. silly
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by LadyX
No men have come up with the type that's supposed to be my perfect match. sad (thx to DancingDoll for providing that). I'll keep checking back. silly

How do you know what's supposed to be your "perfect match"?
Lurker
0 likes
I don't want to be defined by taking a test because tomorrow I might not want to be who I'am today, so na na na na na I'm not taking the test
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by MrNudiePants

How do you know what's supposed to be your "perfect match"?

Here you go MrNudiePants! The link below has more info but here's the synopsis.

-------

The most common type of pairing is the complementary type. Rationals and Idealists complement each other as do Guardians and Artisans.

Rationals and Idealists

Rationals and Idealists both live in the world of what might be. They’re more likely to look for solutions to problems in how they think rather than what they do. Both are likely to enjoy long conversations about ideas, although Rationals prefer logical ideas and Idealists prefer people-oriented ideas.
Rationals are drawn to Idealists because they are good sounding boards for the Rational’s ideas, and they readily express positive emotions. Idealists are drawn to Rationals because they are able to understand the Idealist’s ideas and have excellent emotional control.

Dr. Keirsey recommends Rational-Idealist pairings and suggests that the best combinations would be the ‘opposite,’ that is, ENTJ with INFP, ENTP with INFJ, INTJ with ENFP, and INTP with ENFJ. Each of these pairs has the ‘N’ in common, but nothing else. Anecdotal evidence appears to support his suggestions. If the couple has too much in common, they are likely to have some obvious weak areas.

Guardians and Artisans:

Guardians and Artisans both live in the real world. They pay attention to what is happening and respond accordingly. They’re more like to look for solutions to problems in what they do rather than how they think. Both like to engage in physical activities. Guardians engage in physical activities more for the common good, and Artisans do it more for the sheer pleasure of acting.
Guardians are drawn to Artisans because of their zest for life, their cool in crisis, and their easy acceptance of many different kinds of people. Artisans are drawn to Guardians because of their planning ahead, their organization, and their hard work on behalf of those they love.

Dr. Keirsey recommends Guardian-Artisan pairings and suggests pairing with the 'opposite', just like with Rationals and Idealists. The combinations would be ISTJ with ESFP, ESTJ with ISFP, ISFJ with ESTP, and ESFJ with ISTP. There is plenty of anecdotal evidence which says these are good pairings.

http://www.keirsey.com/personalityzone/lz14.asp
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Your Type is
ENTJ
Extraverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
Strength of the preferences %
22 25 25 22

The other test said I was an ISTJ.

www.szadvntures.com

Latest story:

• TBD

• Bump in the Night-Microfiction

• Smoke Break-Interracial

Lurker
0 likes
My type is

ENFP Idealist -Portrait of a Champion (see post Dancing Doll)

Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving

Firm believer in opposites attract so where is my mr "INTJ"?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I seem to be a INFJ but got INTJ on a couple of the tests. The INFJ description suits me better.

I'm a Counsellor/Author
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
ISTP - which reads as.....

They have a finely nuanced ability to analyse situations, find root causes and foresee consequences. They distrust action taken too quickly without the necessary investigation. They are usually levelheaded, objective, impersonal yet intensely involved in problem solving. They are fiercely independent, seeking input and comments from a chosen few. When reporting to others, they need to establish credibility first: their own and that of the person they are reporting to. If the gap in knowledge and expertise is too great and their own proficiency dismissed, belittled or ignored, they will lose interest and motivation.

They are less interested in running the world as they are in understanding it. They are curious and capable of explaining complex political, economic or technological problems, taking great pleasure in explaining all the factors and intricacies. They are rigorous with their thoughts and analysis, choosing the exact words that convey precisely what is meant. They may spend a lot of time defining words, concepts and systems in order to define a problematic solution.

They are armchair detectives, scientists and philosophers, spending most of their time in quiet reflection to ponder truth, and solve mysteries. They may tend to neglect social requirements and responsibilities, finding many relationships to be too superficial to be of much interest.
"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Interesting... I did this over a year ago, before I started travelling, and was definitely an INFJ.

Now am a ESFJ

You are:
slightly expressed extravert
slightly expressed sensing personality
moderately expressed feeling personality
slightly expressed judging personality