The Relationship Triangle

last reply
39 replies
4.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes

I'm sure you can think of other traits you feel are more important, but my question asks if you have found a partner that satisfies all three of these.

Or are you satisfied with only two?
Lurker
0 likes
I'd just settle for one right now
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by HoneyBee000

Agreed.....and it would be emotionally stable. My ex is giving me Hell for something she did, and she's acting like a yo-yo....one minute, she wants to be with me, the next she doesn't.
"Nos laetus epulor qui would domito nos. (We gladly feast on those who would subdue us.)"
"Nil satis nisi optimum. (Nothing but the best will do.)"
"I hate it when things don't go my way. It makes me so...horny." - Sarah Michelle Gellar (Kathryn, Cruel Intentions)
"Sex is just alone time with someone else there." - Taint on The Lex And Terry Show, 11/11/09
"Stupidity isn't a crime, so you're free to go."
"I am The Devil, too. There can only be one devil. One of us must go." - Ozzy Osbourne at the end of his cover of "Sympathy For The Devil"
"Your ego is not your amigo." - Nikki Sixx, The Heroin Diaries
"It's my world. I'm just letting you live here." - Mandy, The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
Matriarch
0 likes
Aha, the conundrum of the impossible triangle...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have a bad habit of finding the girls who are missing the emotionally stable part.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well I'm sure people will blame it on me being in love but hb74 has all three I'd say. She's definitely good looking, hasn't thrown a tantrum at my temper in 5 months time so I'd say she's emotionally stable, and she's a uni graduate.
Insert typical super smart ass comment courtesy of thepainter here.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Heh, I would prefer to get to know a woman who's a fan of Maslow. and has her self-actualizing thing, going on.

The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Lurker
0 likes
I had, anyways If there are only two that are available, Intelligent would be on the top of my list and on the second place it's either good looking or emotional stability.
Forum Whore
0 likes
Quote by Jebru
I have a bad habit of finding the girls who are missing the emotionally stable part.

Eh >.>
<.<
>,>
<.<

Me too....being one of them. But no, I consider myself pretty close to stability. I'm not gonna snap and set anything on fire.

Anyway. I'm going for intelligence and emotional stability. Looks are a plus, but not necessary.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Good looking + Emotionally stable

I could deal with her dopiness if she's hot and not crazy.
Lurker
0 likes

You deserve much more, HB.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Jebru

You mean there are women that actually are emotionally stable?

JK
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'll take an emotionally stable gorges hunk! I have enough brains for the both of us.
Bunny12

Bunny Rabbits cute and fuzzy they want to love you but they have razor sharp teeth - don't piss them off!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Bunny12
I'll take an emotionally stable gorges hunk! I have enough brains for the both of us.

ah huh! ditto Bunny!

(now where are those ones hiding??)

Van
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I'll take intelligence and good looks as my top two.

Emotional Stability is in the eye of the beholder... besides, aren't there little pills for that now, anyway?!
Lurker
0 likes
Oh dear. Too many sharp edges. I like my partner to have curves, not edges.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll

Emotional Stability is in the eye of the beholder... besides, aren't there little pills for that now, anyway?!

Crazy in the head, crazy in the bed! ;)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
aren't the triangles upside down?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by DamonX
Quote by Dancing_Doll

One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small,
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all.
Go ask Alice
When she's ten feet tall.
And if you go chasing rabbits
And you know you're going to fall,
Tell 'em a hookah smoking caterpillar
Has given you the call.
Call Alice
When she was just small.
When the men on the chessboard
Get up and tell you where to go
And you've just had some kind of mushroom
And your mind is moving low.
Go ask Alice
I think she'll know.
When logic and proportion
Have fallen sloppy dead,
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's "off with her head!"
Remember what the dormouse said:
"Feed your head. Feed your head. Feed your head" .

Album: The Worst Of Jefferson Airplane (1970)

Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by DamonX
Quote by Dancing_Doll

Hmm... that might be why we have so much fun!
Lurker
0 likes
I love the way this thread has taken the form of an octagon Diversity!
Lurker
0 likes
All three
Lurker
0 likes
I believe that I can have all three. And if I can't, then a little emotional stability can always shake things up in a fun way. It certainly prevents things from getting boring.
Lurker
0 likes
Haha, I think CHiPS stop all the young women moving into LA at the county line and confiscate their emotional stability. I know many, many intelligent and sexy women, the kind who can think in circles around you and their looks just blank your mind (mostly because all the blood flows suddenly to your cock), but not a one goes without random crying fits, or hair-trigger temper, or meaningless sulking, or clinginess because of daddy issues, or just plain old-fashioned psychotic paranoia and childishness.

So yeah, I can make a go of it on two sides of the triangle. Living out here, you just get used to it. Either that, or you throw your lot in with an emotionally stable ugly woman, or an emotionally stable dumb ass girl. For my money and time, and lets face it that's our part of the bargain as guys, most of the time, I'll take SEXY and SMART. I'm only in it for the short term anyway, usually.

I'm sure the perfect all-three girls are out there, but I think they marry record company execs and sixth-man NBA players, and the like. Either that or they are super-christians, or something like that.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Head Nurse
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale
Heh, I would prefer to get to know a woman who's a fan of Maslow. and has her self-actualizing thing, going on.

I was taught that you flucuat were you are on the pyramid as you move through life.

as for the triangle depending on the time and the circumstances im sometimes on all three sides biggrin
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale
[img][/img]

I feel like such an ass I had to look up what you meant by bump on urban dictionary.com. Am I really that old or do I just not spend enough time on message boards.
Lurker
0 likes
Nobody who's emotionally Stable WOULD EVER DREAM of dating me....... (And they'd be right!)

(But that said, my girls DO tend to be very pretty and very clever...... And mad girls are better fucks..... In my experience...... So far....)

I'd rather you were beautiful and that you know who Eduard Kienholz is and you make me laugh rather then you hassle me 'cos I don't eat my Five-A-Day.....)

And WHO IS emotionally stable?????

Not ONE of us, that's for sure!!!!!!

xx SF
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
@Gypsymoth - The sng is White Rabbit, and it originally was released on teh Surrealistic Pillow album, in 1967 - that was the first Jefferson Airplane album I bought. I wore it out, replaced it, wore out the second one, and now have it on CD.

As to the original question, Intelligence first; emotional stability a distant second. IF those two things are there, she will be beautiful in my eyes, regardless of how society views her.
"There's only three tempos: slow, medium and fast. When you get between in the cracks, ain't nuthin' happenin'." Ben Webster