Do you consider a kiss cheating?

last reply
62 replies
8.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I tried to find a similar thread, I couldn't. My search techniques were a bit basic (lazy?), so yea, sorry.
Guys feel free to answer as well.

On to the question. Do you consider a kiss cheating? It is a sensual kiss. That is the only detail I'll add. Everything else (tongue/no tongue, duration, reason, circumstances etc. etc.) I'm trying to purposely keep out of this discussion.

The purpose of my question is to find out if you consider the act of the kiss alone, not the circumstance to be cheating.

So, if you found out your partner shared a sensual kiss with somebody else and this was the only detail you knew and the only detail you will ever know, would you consider it cheating? Could this alone potentially ruin your relationship?

Personally, yes, I consider it cheating and yes, without knowing the circumstances, it definitely would ruin the relationship.

I know this is an odd question, as the circumstance plays a huge part in how it will affect us, but I need you to try and let go of that and focus simply on the act and how you would react to that.
"Oh yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it you can either run from it...or, learn from it." - Rafiki, The Lion King
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
If it was done secretively, then yes, it's cheating... unless the circumstance was me kissing another woman, then it's not...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I would consider it cheating, but depending on the circumstances, not a relationship killer. As long as it only happened once.
Lurker
0 likes
Yes its cheating.

May not be a relationship breaker depending n the circumstances but would cause alot of problems
Constant Gardener
0 likes
If 'she' is my monogamous partner, technically it's cheating; providing that she and I have reached an agreement previously setting the boundaries of contact with other people.

If she is someone I'm dating or casually seeing, it's not cheating.

If she is my partner with whom I feel I have a strong relationship, I would not be threatened by just a one-off kiss, although I consider kissing to be the most intimate act between two people who are involved in a relationship. There would have to be quite a bit more substantial activity occurring before I would throw away a relationship over a kiss.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes, we've set our boundaries and kissing is one of those things that is just out of the question with a different person.
Lollipop Girl
0 likes
For me as long as I know about it I really don't mind...But then I have an open relationship with my husband...
"Haters make me FAMOUS!!!"

Sassy
Lurker
0 likes
If I caught my Girlfriend giving another man a kiss .,, Well lets just say this. "Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out" !!!!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Since my fiancee is bisexual, I'd have to say yes and no. If she kisses another female, I'm fine with it. But if she's kisses another guy, she's going to see the angry side of me. But as others have said, I don't necessarily consider it a relationship killer, but it all revolves around the circumstances.
"Nos laetus epulor qui would domito nos. (We gladly feast on those who would subdue us.)"
"Nil satis nisi optimum. (Nothing but the best will do.)"
"I hate it when things don't go my way. It makes me so...horny." - Sarah Michelle Gellar (Kathryn, Cruel Intentions)
"Sex is just alone time with someone else there." - Taint on The Lex And Terry Show, 11/11/09
"Stupidity isn't a crime, so you're free to go."
"I am The Devil, too. There can only be one devil. One of us must go." - Ozzy Osbourne at the end of his cover of "Sympathy For The Devil"
"Your ego is not your amigo." - Nikki Sixx, The Heroin Diaries
"It's my world. I'm just letting you live here." - Mandy, The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't perceive a kiss on the cheek as cheating.
But a kiss on the lips is quite different.
Thousands of user submitted stories removed from the site. You are nothing without your users or their freely submitted stories.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Yes. End of.

I will grant you if it's something like my partner is an actor - then... No. But that wouldn't be sensual, it'd be acting...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
As in all things.. it is the intent of the action that sets it into perspective.. if the kiss is seductive and intimate then it would be suspect.. however I kiss close friends all the time.. it's just how we show affection.. of course if they throw in tongue then all bets are off...
Lurker
0 likes
The kiss no. After the kiss, let's say sex, yes. and then what shameless said ^^^
Lurker
0 likes
That's a good question for the guys, too, Rev.
Lurker
0 likes
Something like sensual kiss is allways emotional and very powerfull thing to share. For me it is cheating and I would probably go easier through and maybe forget drunk fucking than sensual kiss.
Lurker
0 likes
If you feel like you have to hide it from your partner, then yes, it is cheating.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't know on this one it's hard. I've kissed another man (I'm married), we were attracted and it happened. Oh god it was soooooo hot. But I didn't feel like I cheated. I told my husband. He didn't like it, but he didn't treat me as though I cheated either. We fucked that nite and it was amazing.
Lurker
0 likes
For those of you that have studied psychology ( the lips on your face resemble the lips of a vagina ) this is why this is a hot topic and kissing is a VERY INTIMATE act, it is the foundation to everything
emotionally and sexually, and arouses the senses.

In response to the topic, the best answer I can give is this : Her friends may kiss her on the cheek in greeting and also my friends, anything beyond that is absolutly in contempt, unless they have known eachother for years and years and are the best of friends, anyone outside the circle E.G strangers (100% Not happening) in my presence and she better not tell me about it outside of my presence.

There is absolutly no excuse or reason to kiss anyone on the lips if you have a partner........Here is an example, Christmas just gone, a friend kissed me on the lips, to bring in the new year, I stood up like a fool and actually closed my eyes!?!? not because I wanted her but because it was out of habit.......my partner was there and so was her mum and dad, trust me when I say, I could have curled up and died because I realised what I did and dont ever want to feel like that again, thankfully it went unnoticed and wasnt mentioned because if it was mentioned I would have gone bright red out of embarrassment and that would have made me guilty regardless of whether it was a mistake or not, but it still makes me cringe thinking about it.

If it's not good for her then it's certainly not good for me, so nobodys lips will be on mine accept my gf's.
Internet Sensation
0 likes
If I kiss someone else I feel like I'm cheating more than if I would actually have sex(without kisses) with the person.
Matriarch
0 likes
Cheating, absolutely. It's one of the most intimate things you can do with another person.

A lot of prostitutes refuse to kiss I've read.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
depends on where shes kissing
Internet Sensation
0 likes
Quote by nicola
Cheating, absolutely. It's one of the most intimate things you can do with another person.

oh I saw it in pretty woman.7aZHU6Hnvu3sA2qv
Internet Sensation
0 likes
Quote by kojo
depends on where shes kissing

mouth cheating? yes?
cock cheating? no?

Lurker
0 likes
I think it's cheating. It's too personal for me to want to share mine with another. It would hurt too deep if he did with another.
Cheek kissing is fine. And I don't mean butt cheeks. LOL
Artistic Tart
0 likes

I agree with that- kissing is really intimate and if I do it then it means there are real feelings involved. I can do a surprising amout of stuff with no emotion, party all night with a guy, or guys, no problem. I have fun and it's my business what it means, sex can be just sex. But kissing is different.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
yes, totally. A peck on the cheek would piss me off. If he kisses her on the lips, he isn't touching mine.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm a touchy feely person by nature, and have kissed close friends, like Big Rod said. It wouldn't affect me if my boyfriend, if I had one, kissed someone else, as long as he wouldn't mind me doing the same. Anything beyond that needs to be seriously talked about.
Lurker
0 likes
I find kissing much more intimate than even having sex/ making love; I would know for a fact that if my man kissed another woman that would break my heart I just know it would.
Kissing to me is such a personal thing.
Lurker
0 likes
May be I am way off base, but a kiss is certainly not cheating from the view of my husband and I.

Nor is having sex with someone in the spur of the moment for strickly the pleasure of sex!

The one unforegivable act of cheating is fall in love with another. Unless it is up front and both are fully aware what is happening.

Fall in love with another and I am out the door, with no chance of reconcilations!!!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well not necessarily. But I would show him the reason I'm his gal and give him a hell of a kiss.