QUESTION #4 FOR THE BOYS

last reply
44 replies
5.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Do you think that you understand women, and is there time you think we understand men?
Lurker
0 likes
Nope and no.

Each time either a man or a woman thinks they understand the opposite sex, they find out something new and different. I've lived with my wife for over twenty seven years now and I know that I know her well, but she still comes up with stuff out of the blue at times.

Maybe there is a woman or maybe there are women out there I could understand and who could fully understand me... but I guess the world will never know.
Lurker
0 likes
I think you can understand the opposite sex sometimes, and then other times not at all. It gets better as you live with them, of course. And even then, sometimes, I wonder what in Sam-hell she's thinking.
Lurker
0 likes
Do I understand women, absolutely! There is only one thing you need to know to understand a women and that is this: All rules are subject to change at any given time. Do women understand men? Same answer.

Before anybody takes offense here let me say this is not a put down to either sex, its a recognition that we are all humans. I would agree with roccotool about his wife. I too know my wife well, but she still surprises me as I do her on occasion.

One thing I have noticed over the years is this. The ability to understand the opposite sex at any given time is subject to swings over time, and sometimes, it even is subject to different people. I do love my wife, but I know there are other women I've met who I could have loved just as strongly under different circumstances who sometimes understand be better than my wife.
Lurker
0 likes
I do love my wife, but I know there are other women I've met who I could have loved just as strongly under different circumstances who sometimes understand be better than my wife.

Right ON. That's the dirty little secret.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think you have to know yourself first.

So the answer is no to both. Ghost is right. Married 5 years 1st time and now 22 years 2nd time. My sweetie knows me better, because of time together. And I know her better, but there is alwaqys rooms to learn more.

And then tomorrow it will change. As we get older our ideas change, how we see things change.

And change is good.

Got and spare change for a cup of coffee?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Partial Understanding If your lucky. Complete Understanding, Not a chance in Hell.
Lurker
0 likes
I would ahve to say the answer is no to the first...

and yes to the second...

Im sorry but, there is not way in hell, that i will ever be able to understand women...Way too complicated, surprising, mysterious, and sometimes secretive.

As to women understanding men, in my experiences, men are easy to figure out... we are simple. We concentrate at the task at hand and have fun at life...unlike women.

I think we make it too easy to understand us...

lol
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I believe that my wife and I understand each other very well. Understanding other women, I don't know about that.
Her understanding other men, I would have to answer the same way. But that is a guess. Let me ask. I will return.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't think either sex truly understands the other. I've never felt like anybody, man or women, truly gets me. Nor do I believe that I completely understand men, and I am one! We do things sometimes that just make me WTF!

However, I think it is possible to understand individuals to a great degree. A person of the opposite sex will have an extra layer of complexity to them, just on the fact that they have their gender to consider. But there are plenty of women that I understand better then men, despite us not having the same private parts.
Lurker
0 likes
We do things sometimes that just make me WTF!

Man, I'm the same way. Sometimes, I'll see a woman do something really stupid and I think to myself, man, you're gonna give us all a bad name doing stupid shit like that.

Here's a prime.... nevermind, I'll start another thread on it. *BG*
Lurker
0 likes
Just a few observations about understanding how the different sexes mind's work.bXu8vtQiSDmxVIb2
Relationships:
First of all, a man does not call a relationship a relationship - he refers to it as "that time when me and Suzie was doing it on a semi-regular basis". When a relationship ends, a woman will cry and pour her heart out to her girlfriends, and she will write a poem titled "All Men Are Idiots". Then she will get on with her life.
A man has a little more trouble letting go. Six months after the break-up, at 3:00 a.m. on a Saturday night, he will call and say, "I just wanted to let you know you ruined my life, and I'll never forgive you, and I hate you, and you're a total floozy. But I want you to know there's always a chance for us". This is known as the "I Hate You/I Love You" drunken phone call, that 99% of all men have made at least once.

Sex:
Women prefer 30 - 45 minutes of foreplay. Men prefer 30 - 45 seconds of foreplay. Men consider driving back to her place as part of the foreplay.

Maturity:
Women mature much faster than men. Most 17-year-old females can function as adults. Most 17-year-old males are still trading baseball cards and giving each other wedgies after gym class. This is why high school romances rarely work.

Bathrooms:
A man has at most six items in his bathroom - a toothbrush, toothpaste, shaving cream, razor, a bar of Dial soap, and a towel from the Holiday Inn. The average number of items in a typical woman's bathroom is 437. A man would not be able to identify most of these items.

Magazines:
Men's magazines often feature pictures of naked ladies. Women's magazine also feature pictures of naked ladies. This is because the female body is a beautiful work of art, while the male body is hairy and lumpy and should not be seen by the light of day

Laundry:
Women do laundry every couple of days. A man will wear every article of clothing he owns, including his surgical pants that were hip about eight years ago, before he will do the laundry. When he is finally out of clothes, he will wear a dirty sweatshirt inside out, rent a U-Haul and take his mountain of clothes to the laundromat. Men always expect to meet beautiful women at the laundromat. This is a myth.

Weddings:
When reminiscing about weddings, women talk about "the ceremony". Men talk about "the bachelor party".

Socks:
Men wear sensible socks. They wear standard white sweatsocks. Women wear strange socks. They are cut way below the ankles, have pictures of clouds on them, and have a big fuzzy ball on the back.

Mustaches:
Some men look good with mustaches. Those men are Tom Selleck and Burt Reynolds. There are no women who look good with mustaches.

Cats:
Women love cats. Men say they love cats, but when women aren't looking, men kick cats.

Going out:
When a man says he is ready to go out, it means he is ready to go out. When a woman says she is ready to go out, it means she will be ready to go out, as soon as she finds her other earring, finishes putting on her makeup...

Anyone want to dispute me on this one?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
B, I will not. Those are correct.

I've learn to say I am ready to go, then go take a shower, get dressed, play a game (10 to 20 mins) on the puter, have a second cup of coffee and a smoke and then say I am leaving and go out and start the truck and smoke a 2nd butt and maybe in 10 mins thee (3 daughters and a wife ) are ready.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
As much as I would like to, I can't disagree with most of what you've said. But in my experience, it has been women that have had more trouble letting go. I don't think I'm in that 99 percentile, but I've never even thought of making that loser phone call.

My favorite thing that women do is when you see them again like 6 months later, in a club, the grocery store, a restaurant, and they try to impress you with how amazing their life has been without you. Love it.

Btw, i'm not bitter. Promise
Lurker
0 likes
bshaddow, I could dispute you on most everything you put down on your list...

Am I the only guy who talks about the wedding cake?
Lurker
0 likes
bshaddow, I could dispute you on most everything you put down on your list...

ASP, I gotta say you're right. I hadn't been back to read this thread, but I don't know many guys like that. Maybe it's supposed to be a joke.
Lurker
0 likes
And I can go on record here as saying I love foreplay. I have the softest, firmest, most patient tongue...and I 'drink' on the job (wink!).

A women's inner thigh is more than just a pillow, a stop for my thighs...it's part of the feast. I could go on and on...neck, back, ass, ears, just above the hip...and start over. Tasting, Tasting, one-two-three!
Lurker
0 likes
Chuckles.....love that "tasting, tasting, one-two-three"....

Personally, when I'm "on the job", I like to take a little nip, myself.....
Lurker
0 likes
So tell me boys, why is this "work" for you humm?
Lurker
0 likes
Oh, now! You know he didn't mean it like that! For me it's a pleasure. Tell me ladies if this is close: I love giving you pleasure orally because, to me, it's as ultimate in surrender and intimacy as intercourse. For the most part, it's delicious, I can feel your excitement (especially when you swell up so much with pleasure you push my tongue out of you)...I don't even have to have you do it back.

No, it's not a job, it's an adventure!
Lush Legend
0 likes
Quote by ASubtlepassion
Oh, now! You know he didn't mean it like that! For me it's a pleasure. Tell me ladies if this is close: I love giving you pleasure orally because, to me, it's as ultimate in surrender and intimacy as intercourse. For the most part, it's delicious, I can feel your excitement (especially when you swell up so much with pleasure you push my tongue out of you)...I don't even have to have you do it back.

No, it's not a job, it's an adventure!

wow...........very close.....
"Love all, trust a few, and do wrong to none."
Lurker
0 likes
Then get me closer.
Lurker
0 likes
Oh, now! You know he didn't mean it like that!

Of course I do, I was just kidding.

btw
No, it's not a job, it's an adventure

Sounds like something the army would say to get you to join. LOL
Lurker
0 likes
If the army is a euphemism(?) for making love, then show me the sign-in sheet. I'm in! "Lock and load, mister!"

And I knew you were kidding. hehehe
Lush Legend
0 likes
Quote by ASubtlepassion
Then get me closer.

Ok pack your bag....and get ready for a mission......
"Love all, trust a few, and do wrong to none."
Lurker
0 likes
Chef, did you mean "work" as in foreplay or eating pussy? And don't say, "yes".
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen
So tell me boys, why is this "work" for you humm?

It's good work, if you can get it.
Some people work to live.
Some live to work.
I take my work home all the time, and put in extra hours to make sure it's done right.
Really good work is known as "craftsmanship".

Back on topic though, understanding is a noble goal not always achieved, and not often permanent.
Sometimes it can be achieved through work.
Lurker
0 likes
Seriously, if you truly want to understand your gal/man/partner, you can. It's all about being open and honest and willing. I don't like commercials and tv shows that characterize men as being dolts, such as the ones that have been filling screens for the last ten years, at least. I hate stereotyping. All blondes aren't dumb, and I have never been a "Wham, Bam, 'Thank You, Ma'am'" kind of guy.

Did I mention that the inner thigh of a woman is a delicacy best served slowly. I agree with Monocle, that it is about understanding, and about being willing to understand.

We applaud guys who learn how to please a woman, like a Don Juan, but we can do it in every area if we try. Both parties.