Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

If you could bring any author / poet back from the dead to write again...

last reply
103 replies
9.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Matriarch
0 likes
Who would it be?
Lurker
0 likes
Jane Austen
Lurker
0 likes
Shell Silverstien ok he writes children's poems but he was my favorite
Lollipop Girl
0 likes
Quote by eroticwriter26
Jane Austen

Ero I was just thinking that when I saw the topic...I love her books!
"Haters make me FAMOUS!!!"

Sassy
Lurker
0 likes
LOL Sass, me too.. I read Persuasion (granted it is a very small book) in like 3 or four hours. Mansfield Park was the first one I ever read and of course my fav.

I would also have to say Louisa May Alcott.
The Right Rev of Lush
0 likes
There a many I'd love to have back for one more novel or, even better, to get to meet and know: Faulkner, Hemingway, Poe, Twain, and on and on. But if I could only pick onne, it'd be, John Kennedy Toole, a superb young author who died before his first (and only) novel, A Confederacy of Dunces, was published.

"Leaving New Orleans also frightened me considerably. Outside of the city limits the heart of darkness, the true wasteland begins."

Rumple Foreskin
RUMPLATIONS: AwesomeHonky Tonk and Cyber Bar
Home of the Lush "IN" crowd: indecent, intoxicated, and insolvent
a place to gossip, share news, talk sports, pimp a story, piss & moan, or just grab a drink. Check it out.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords. -- ROBERT HEINLEIN
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
I would have to say VC Andrews. Although her family is still publishing her stories from her memoirs. So I guess she doesnt count. lol
♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
Lollipop Girl
0 likes
Quote by eroticwriter26
LOL Sass, me too.. I read Persuasion (granted it is a very small book) in like 3 or four hours. Mansfield Park was the first one I ever read and of course my fav.

Pride and prejudice has always been my fave...
"Haters make me FAMOUS!!!"

Sassy
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Pixie
I would have to say VC Andrews. Although her family is still publishing her stories from her memoirs. So I guess she doesnt count. lol

I was thinking of that earlier too. Hers were the first grown up stories I read my aunt offered me her at the time up to date collection, when I was shockingly only thirteen years old. It took me around 30 days to read her first 22 novels.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by sassycheergirl
Quote by eroticwriter26

Yea it was alright.. I think though cause that one was always her most famous story I didn't really take to it much.. I read it once.. took me about 16 hour and never thought much about it again.
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by RumpleForeskin
But if I could only pick onne, it'd be, John Kennedy Toole, a superb young author who died before his first (and only) novel, A Confederacy of Dunces, was published.

"Leaving New Orleans also frightened me considerably. Outside of the city limits the heart of darkness, the true wasteland begins."

Rumple Foreskin

I read that in my teens and absolutely adored it. Ignatius

Such a great shame he committed suicide.
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
Quote by eroticwriter26
Quote by sassycheergirl
Quote by eroticwriter26

Yea it was alright.. I think though cause that one was always her most famous story I didn't really take to it much.. I read it once.. took me about 16 hour and never thought much about it again.

I have every single on of her books. Her newest ones are a bit out there, but I still enjoy them.
♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
Quote by eroticwriter26
Quote by Pixie

I was thinking of that earlier too. Hers were the first grown up stories I read my aunt offered me her at the time up to date collection, when I was shockingly only thirteen years old. It took me around 30 days to read her first 22 novels.

I have every single one of her books. Her newest ones are a bit out there, but I still enjoy them.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Pixie
Quote by eroticwriter26
Quote by Pixie

I have every single one of her books. Her newest ones are a bit out there, but I still enjoy them.

Yea I kind of stopped reading after Rain/The Wildflowers/ and that other miniseries. Anything after that I haven't read yet..
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Emily Dickinson. The answer to that question took zero hesitation on my part.
Lurker
0 likes
Charles Dickens, mainly so he could finish writing The Mystery of Edwin Drood. As it is, the story has gone as far as the disappearance of Edwin Drood, and there is no way of knowing how it would have been concluded.
Lurker
0 likes
Douglas Adams so that he could tell me about how he came up with the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy
Lurker
0 likes
Anais Nin
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I think Charles Dickens would have a number of important things to say about the state of the world today.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by MahlerSymphony
I think Charles Dickens would have a number of important things to say about the state of the world today.

No doubt, but I would hope he'd elucidate the Mystery of Edwin Drood first.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by gypsymoth
Quote by MahlerSymphony

No doubt, but I would hope he'd elucidate the Mystery of Edwin Drood first.

Let's give him a long second life to do everything, Drood first.
Lurker
0 likes
Agreed.

Apart from Edwin Drood, what are your favourite books of Dickens?
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by gypsymoth
Agreed.

Apart from Edwin Drood, what are your favourite books of Dickens?

My favorite is A Tale of Two Cities. After that, probably Bleak House.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I would also dearly love to have John Steinbeck alive and writing again.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
This is probably an unusual one for most, but I really got into Albert Camus in my first year of University.

Two of his novels, The Stranger (or L'Etranger) and The Fall, are still favourites of mine.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
He was a song writer and not a poet, but I can't help wondering what other songs Jim Croche would have written if he had not died
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll
This is probably an unusual one for most, but I really got into Albert Camus in my first year of University.

Two of his novels, The Stranger (or L'Etranger) and The Fall, are still favourites of mine.

Love Camus, including The Stranger and The Fall. Have you read The Plague? I read a fair amount of Camus in an Existentialism class in college.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by MahlerSymphony
Quote by Dancing_Doll

Love Camus, including The Stranger and The Fall. Have you read The Plague? I read a fair amount of Camus in an Existentialism class in college.

Yes, I read the Plague... I didn't like it as much though. I also read some Sartre, but those two books I mentioned are still my stand-out favourites.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll
Quote by MahlerSymphony
Quote by Dancing_Doll

Yes, I read the Plague... I didn't like it as much though. I also read some Sartre, but those two books I mentioned are still my stand-out favourites.

Oh, God, Sartre. Being and Nothingness was an extremely taxing read.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by MahlerSymphony
Quote by Dancing_Doll
Quote by MahlerSymphony
Quote by Dancing_Doll

Oh, God, Sartre. Being and Nothingness was an extremely taxing read.

Yes... it was forced upon me in English class... It was like a literary lobotomy.